kia stinger store

Damage done by Dealership need opinions

Doel

1000 Posts Club!
Birmingham, Al.
do your oil change yourself guys. Get a set of ramps, it's easy and will save you $$$.

A for the rocker panel, if it's minor damage just have them replace it, it'll be like brand new. If it's a lot of damage, you might want to make sure the sheet metal the rocker panel is attached to isn't bent. Of course you would probably know because the new rocker panel wouldn't fit right.

JDM_Man

Ottawa
do your oil change yourself guys. Get a set of ramps, it's easy and will save you $$$.

A for the rocker panel, if it's minor damage just have them replace it, it'll be like brand new. If it's a lot of damage, you might want to make sure the sheet metal the rocker panel is attached to isn't bent. Of course you would probably know because the new rocker panel wouldn't fit right.

Not sure if the Kia warranty allows you to do your own oil changes.

robz32

Texas Stinger Swarm
Houston, TX
They do allow it. Lots of people are doing it themselves. Just keep a log and receipts, just in case.

StungnTn

Knoxville, TN
Lets see the wheels, I'm wondering if the juice was worth the squeeze. :D

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
Lets see the wheels, I'm wondering if the juice was worth the squeeze. :D
Ummm. What? It’s too early to sniff glue. Bad stungtn. Bad.

StungnTn

Knoxville, TN

TODDK

Adah, PA
Huge fear of mine, dealer damages the car and I have to argue to get it repaired. I do 95% of the work on our vehicles.

mldavis2

1000 Posts Club!
Neosho, MO
Find a good oil-change site that uses a drive-over pit so they don't have to lift the car. Let the dealer lift the car if that needs to be done -- of do it yourself. Be sure to remind any non-Kia service person that there are six bolts and two push-pins in that plastic shield.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Unfortunately I'm joining this thread with a damaged rocker panel after an oil change at Orlando Kia West.
I would be livid. The idiot missed the jack point. Take it to a top notch body shop and make them pay for it. Keep us posted on the fix. On another note up here in Canada CFL stands for "Crazy Football League". Cheers

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Even when you have a good service department, they can hire someone new and he can screw the pooch. Things can go along swimmingly for months/years, and suddenly you've got damage. Same sort of thing happens in car washes. Nothing easier than putting a car into the tunnel, unless you don't know how because you've never done it before. (Ask me how I know.) Nothing is more brainless than finding the jack points on a car. It's as obvious as finding out where the lens on a camera is so that you don't put your finger in front of it. Fundamental. Basic. Bog standard; you do that before you jack up a car, or else you'll jack up the car (the bad kind).

You may quote me; print the above and hand it to the offending parties involved and stand back and watch their faces as they read. That way you don't trip yourself up trying to speak when incensed. Go with God! :thumbup:

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Even when you have a good service department, they can hire someone new and he can screw the pooch. Things can go along swimmingly for months/years, and suddenly you've got damage. Same sort of thing happens in car washes. Nothing easier than putting a car into the tunnel, unless you don't know how because you've never done it before. (Ask me how I know.) Nothing is more brainless than finding the jack points on a car. It's as obvious as finding out where the lens on a camera is so that you don't put your finger in front of it. Fundamental. Basic. Bog standard; you do that before you jack up a car, or else you'll jack up the car (the bad kind).

You may quote me; print the above and hand it to the offending parties involved and stand back and watch their faces as they read. That way you don't trip yourself up trying to speak when incensed. Go with God! :thumbup:
.........clearly one too many cups of coffee this am Merlin ! :laugh::laugh:

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Unfortunately I'm joining this thread with a damaged rocker panel after an oil change at Orlando Kia West.

It's crazy that Kia dealerships are still making these mistakes on a car they've been selling since 2017.

What a learning curve!

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
I trust Dealer is replacing it.

CFL Stinger

Newish Member
Florida
So here is the update. I went to the Dealer this morning and they offered me to replace it. Order a new part and paint it.

I'm still not sure if I should do that or not. I have seen paint jobs fading over the years or looking bad.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
So here is the update. I went to the Dealer this morning and they offered me to replace it. Order a new part and paint it.

I'm still not sure if I should do that or not. I have seen paint jobs fading over the years or looking bad.
Make sure you get to pick the shop , just find out who paints all the German cars and go there IMHO