kia stinger store

Damage done by Dealership need opinions

craig167

Newish Member
I can't bitch about my kinked rocker. I did it myself lol.

I used a heat gun to massage the kink out. It's still there, but 90% gone.
Can you describe how you did the repair? I have the same problem. I know it was that way when it left the dealer, but I didn't notice it when i did the walk around and after a few days , they are refusing to do anything

CeramicGT001

Maryland
Can you describe how you did the repair? I have the same problem. I know it was that way when it left the dealer, but I didn't notice it when i did the walk around and after a few days , they are refusing to do anything
Had a dealer do the same thing 2 weeks ago during a oil change and I just noticed it this weekend when waxing the car. It’s a smaller dent than the other members itt but still unacceptable for a car this new that I paid 45k+ for. Called them today and they have a walk around video of before the service which clearly shows no dent even though the service rep says “it’s hard to see in the video”...
This isn’t the first time I’ve had a problem with a “simple” oil change as the dealer (different dealer) I bought it from overfilled the engine by over a quart of oil. Kia needs to overhaul their dealers/ service departments.
Going to get the dent repaired at a repair shop out of my pocket I guess. I think it’s time to invest in some ramps and start doing my own oil changes.

Attachments

• 25C87AB6-0C5A-4DCB-94CB-D076C5B21BFF.png
    25C87AB6-0C5A-4DCB-94CB-D076C5B21BFF.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • C626332B-58A1-471D-89EA-6DEFDC3AAAA7.jpeg
    C626332B-58A1-471D-89EA-6DEFDC3AAAA7.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 59
  • F12664D1-D835-48BE-8C4D-A85B64391B83.jpeg
    F12664D1-D835-48BE-8C4D-A85B64391B83.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 60

Koreandude

Geez. I've always done my own oil changes since I bought the car new. Long story short, I lost faith in dealership service for such simple tasks when they nearly destroyed my Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track.

I had no idea our side skirts were so vulnerable to this damage. I'll have to take pics of the side skirts every time now before dropping this car off for any kind of service work. Good to know.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Had a dealer do the same thing 2 weeks ago during a oil change and I just noticed it this weekend when waxing the car. It’s a smaller dent than the other members itt but still unacceptable for a car this new that I paid 45k+ for. Called them today and they have a walk around video of before the service which clearly shows no dent even though the service rep says “it’s hard to see in the video”...
This isn’t the first time I’ve had a problem with a “simple” oil change as the dealer (different dealer) I bought it from overfilled the engine by over a quart of oil. Kia needs to overhaul their dealers/ service departments.
Going to get the dent repaired at a repair shop out of my pocket I guess. I think it’s time to invest in some ramps and start doing my own oil changes.
there have been other members here that had worse I would try heating the crease and gently pressing it back to shape , the key is to not overheat ( ie use a hair dryer NOT a heat gun ) and use a solid metal flat piece ie a stiff putty knife and press it flat with firm pressure , I'm sure you can push that crease out(save your $$ )

Last edited:

General_Vodka

Stinger Enthusiast
Moon
the skirts are a pain to remove. there are a million clips and they refuse to come out without breaking the holders. ask me how I know lol.

LOL at OP's post about major bodywork. Guys, I am super anal about paint, but were talking about a rocker panel here. Just get a new one and have a shop paint it. Its a new car. A good shop will match it perfectly. This isn't 1987. It will be fine.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
LOL at OP's post about major bodywork. Guys, I am super anal about paint, but were talking about a rocker panel here. Just get a new one and have a shop paint it. Its a new car. A good shop will match it perfectly. This isn't 1987. It will be fine.
no need for a new one , its minor , simple fix.

Spaceme17

I have had too many cars damaged by stealerships to ever bring my car in for anything I don't have to. You always risk someone not paying attention, or doing things correctly to make sure no damage is done to your car. Even a good service department has bad people so it is always a gamble.

That being said. I would allow the dealership to get a new sideskirt and paint it. With modern paints, it is pretty easy to match the paint.

CeramicGT001

Maryland
there have been other members here that had worse I would try heating the crease and gently pressing it back to shape , the key is to not overheat ( ie use a hair dryer NOT a heat gun ) and use a solid metal flat piece ie a stiff putty knife and press it flat with firm pressure , I'm sure you can push that crease out(save your $$ )
I never ended up fixing it but I’ll give that a try sometime.

StingaGT

Ann Arbor, MI
Kia must had been so excited to add this +50k vehicle to their line up, but they never considered quality of their techs.
K900 owners will have fun times at dealership with high expectations.

KiaM42

Newish Member
I guess I’m not not alone here. My stinger got dent as well. Not sure when and where happened. Discovered recently and last service I had were at Costco tire centre and a local tire shop. That’s been 6 months since. I don’t have evidence to show they did it... any suggestions folks? DDFCD0BD-513C-4031-929B-E99313785099.jpeg 198A34FA-841D-4269-87A2-D7D21AD7BBF5.jpeg AC584473-9132-404B-B572-47BE130D55A1.jpeg

nhcowboy28

1000 Posts Club!
Alpharetta, GA
I guess I’m not not alone here. My stinger got dent as well. Not sure when and where happened. Discovered recently and last service I had were at Costco tire centre and a local tire shop. That’s been 6 months since. I don’t have evidence to show they did it... any suggestions folks? View attachment 47726 View attachment 47727 View attachment 47728
Option 1. Buy new rockers/have shop paint to match
Option 2. Check junkyards.
Option 3. Live with it.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
Nothing you can do since you have no proof they did the damage, I always extensively inspect my cars after they have been at the dealer. You may be lucky if your dealer is conscious and wants to take responsibility and fix it for you

GenesisG70

1000 Posts Club!
Orlando, Florida
I know so many bad stories about Kia dealerships or Hyundai but I have owned several Korean cars since the 90s and never had any damage or bad outcome, they may not have champagne and fancy snacks or a beautiful women as a receptionist but never had a problem, maybe I'm lucky? But not all dealers are bad I guess.

briguy

Newish Member
Currently dealing with sunroof rattling, door popping, and warped rotors (which have been bad since I bought the car brand new with just over 100 miles on it) on my '19 GT2 right from the start when I purchased the car brand new about two months ago. Took the car in a couple days ago to a dealership other than the one I purchased it from about the issues (I got a bogus response about the sunroof from the dealership I purchased it at), and the dealership I just took it to said they would at least turn the rotors the same day I took in the car, as I'd have to come back for the sunroof issue.

So yesterday when I went to hand wash my car I noticed what others have shown happened to them as well -- what looks to be a missed jack point and the resulting damage on the side skirt. You can see from pretty uniform triangle indentation on the underneath photo that it isn't just normal damage from driving. Will see what the dealership does about it when I tell them.

Attachments

• close up.jpg
    close up.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 18
  • top down angle view.jpg
    top down angle view.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 17
  • unerneath damage.jpg
    unerneath damage.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 17