1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Concerns - Popping/Creaking Noise from Sunroof

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by regnitStinger, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Canada Stinger Enthusiast

...it didn't work people....

2. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

3. edgarciadesign

edgarciadesign United States Member

I wish I could tell you what they did to mine but my dealer fixed the sunroof clicks. Do make sure to lube the edges of the sunroof, that was a HUGE reducer of noise (the rubber squeak kind). That said, I looked for another rattle (back passenger side) for over a week only to figure out that it was the seat belt bouncing of the leather seats in the back. lol that is now the only noise my car makes inside when going over bumps.

4. StingaGT

StingaGT United States Member

I get metallic rattle noise from door panels over bumps. I'm suspecting the speakers.

5. Marc Collins

??? The last message you posted was to ask for the Aussie TSB number (that we now know doesn't work)--presumably because you had the same problem as so many on here. You are now saying you got yours actually fixed by some miracle/mysterious process that you have no information about?!?

Sorry, as a citizen of this community you have to do better than that ;) Please take the time to contact your service department and ask them exactly what they did and whether it is an official procedure. And, don't be so sure it worked until you have had the car in some heat/cooling cycles and environments. Mine is intermittent depending on the external temps and the difference between the temp inside the car and outside the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. edgarciadesign

I don't think I am who you think I am... I never posted a TSB. :) I had the car for about a month after dealer fixed the sunroof, and no clicking sound anymore. I fixed with the door seals (silicone lube) and the edges of the sunroof (pool rubber lube) myself and ended so far with that bouncing seat belt being the only sound. Specially the door rubber seals took over 6-8 applications for them to take.

7. edgarciadesign

BTW all my dealer did, and I quote was "adjust/tighten the sunroof rails"

8. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

My dealer has done the same on mine twice and the noise has come back.

9. Marc Collins

Well, that's a hell of a lot easier than the nightmare of replacing the rails...so we'll have to see if it lasts.

10. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia Canada Active Member

I've tried snugging all the bolts I could find on my rails, from the top at least, none of that helped.

11. edgarciadesign

Sorry man, wish I knew anything else to try. :( - just make sure the "sunroof" noise it is that and not something else like it happened to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted