Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Cell phone holder placement

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by bugaboo90, Feb 14, 2018.

1. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Imitation.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. robsat

robsat United States Newish Member

Sorry if I missed where this has already been discussed. Has anyone tried to mount a suction cup to the back of the display monitor and then adjust the length of the arm and rotate the part that holds the phone in place so the whole thing with the phone attached comes out just to the left of the screen? I would think (don't own one to know) that a mount like the one pictured earlier in the thread by Kazz might just work. From there the charging cord could naturally hang from the phone and go to the USB AUX plug with little problem and less clutter. Thoughts?

Edit: I tried to link to the cell holder Kazz pictured but kept getting a spam error.

3. MikeJr74

MikeJr74 United States Member

$10 Walmart solution. Bought the magnetic vent clip mount. Unscrewed the unit and removed the vent tabs. Applied double face tap to the back of the magnetic base and stuck to the dash. Works great for my Pixel 2XL. I have a USB cable in the power tray that I plug into the phone when driving, to use Android Auto. Holds extremely well. Phone has not moved, even when using launch mode.

The magnetic plate is attached to my belt clip holder. So, I put the phone in the holder backwards when on the dash. The placement does not interfere with the push button nor the air vent. 2018-09-07 12.52.37.jpg IMG_20180907_125209.jpg IMG_20180907_125220.jpg

4. EBdiesel08

EBdiesel08 United States Member

I actually did a modification, I got it from a YouTube video SGt and me. I drilled a hole in the center console, and by the cover where you connect the usb for Apple car play. It’s so much better. You have to lift up the plastic where the shifter is.

5. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Anything i have to stick to a dash or drill a hole into is a big no from me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EBdiesel08

EBdiesel08 United States Member

Ok I only did it bc I plan to keep the car. It’s def a good fix if you change your mind. I’m not a big diy person, but I was able to do it. Sorry this doesn’t help.

7. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Sorry was not criticising your mod, its just not my preference thats all.

8. Collybus

Collybus United States Newish Member

Before I saw that there is a whole thread devoted to this, I posted my solution elsewhere IMG_0733.JPG IMG_0728.JPG IMG_0729.JPG . I didn't want to cover any of the instruments, wanted to have the phone easily accessible because okay sometimes I may text a little bit while driving, and so also didn't want it easily seen from other cars. This is an iOttie articulating mount that is stuck and suctioned onto the piece of plastic on the console by the glovebox. Seems to work perfectly so far!

9. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

And your phone is mounted so you are looking down at the floor while doing so? Sorry, but that is scary as hell ... :thumbdown:

10. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

20180815_120845.jpg 8071b974-7cce-46f7-955d-bdc11e7adc74.png
    I put mine here. BMS $15 never fallen off.

11. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

12. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

About a month ago,
    JB4 Magnetic Cell Phone Mount - BurgerTuning.com
    As a bonus in this position I can fire up the cell phone camera and take vids while I'm driving/racing.

13. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

Dashcam...

Interesting. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted