Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Burger Tuning JB4 for Kia Stinger!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Kia Stinger, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Blitz

Blitz United States Member

So in the thread related to the dump valves, there has been some discussion. Alot of people have seen that it takes the ECU quite a while to adapt to airflow changes and get you the horsepower you should have from the mods. What I'm asking is, does the JB4 help with this? It wouldn't make much sense to run dumps if every time you open them, you have to run 10 times before seeing the gains....

2. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Active Member

You’ll get gains instantly, maybe not peak gains but you’ll see gains. Post turbo gains usually are quicker than pre-turbo ones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

Maybe Terry can chime in but regardless you should see improvement when your running them. You may not get optimal performance if you keep constantly opening and closing them.

4. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States Stinger Enthusiast Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. DaBears4Lyfe

Thanks terry!

6. Blitz

Blitz United States Member

I'm still confused. This doesn't explain why people are seeing that gains are basically nonexistent on the first pull, then slowly "adapt" into full power. Is this just an intake side thing? I've seen it mentioned on a few threads where people put mods on mid dyno.

Your response leads me to believe that as soon as the valves were opened, the system would sense things in not even a second and you would have ~25 more whp? Extremely rough guess but you get my point.

Appreciate the response!

7. DaBears4Lyfe

Not sure I feel a big difference everytime i open them.

There are videos on gains from cutouts heres one i found. This is not our platform but everyone will be different depending on restriction and we have ALOT of it. I plan on dynoing my car within the next month or so. I'll have the charts of them opened and closed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TwinSnails

TwinSnails United States Active Member

There is some adaptation on all car on the intake side. If you’re pulling more air, there may be some timing pulled before it adds some... but we are talking about ~3 wot pulls and maybe 8-10hp at a peak spot. They still gain 5-6 across the band until that happens.

The exhaust side of a turbo car is just different. A turbo is already pulling a lot of air from the front...it would take extreme restrictions to see gains from an intake to match what we see from the DP’s.

However, on the exit side, in simple terms, has much more restrictions and the air has already been accounted for... mods on this side are just helping the efficiency of the engine to relieve itself. These mods show almost instantly... since there’s no need to remonitor the incoming air. A turbo car loves freedom on the exhaust side.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Hello D-C,

Terry is the expert and he would know best, but still think you should easily spin the tires with any extra power.

I’m sure the springs are helping and just have to do some dragy or track runs to test your 60ft times. Who knows maybe you’re running some of the quickest 1.9s and don’t even know it! I bet a lot more RWD Stingers will buy the springs if it makes that much of a difference. Keep us updated as I would love to have less spinning myself.:thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Thanks for sharing and is this from a dynojet, or Mustang dyno? Also, what is your elevation?

Nice gains but I’m just curious why you’re making less power than Terry’s Stinger did on lower maps with stock exhaust & all 4 cats.

You gained 87whp & 106wtq with FBO, e30 & map 7. But Terry is gaining 106whp & 128wtw with only intakes, e30 & map3.o_O

I know you can’t compare different dynos but the gains should be similar or even higher than Terry’s I would think. Any ideas?

11. D-C

D-C Australia Active Member

Thanks S
    Thanks StungblueGT

You never know she feels quick, I'm just about to buy a dragy waiting to see the burger intakes and I might bundle it up because shipping to Australia isn't cheap.

Will report back soon Cheers !!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Terry@BMS

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Crewdawg130

Crewdawg130 Germany Member

We’re going to a dynojet next week. We’re waiting on the wmi kit. Depending on time ( because is not our dyno) well do more comparison runs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

@Terry@BMS quick questions about the following quote off of the Stinger Forum Store (with Sal)

"462 horsepower and 531 pound feet of torque – at the wheels… "

How were those numbers attained, as far as what mods if any.

15. Terry@BMS

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Metalmania82

Back somewhere in this thread or a whole different one?

17. Terry@BMS

18. Metalmania82

Thank you!

Might want to have Sal include that in the ad or at least a link, save a possible unhappy/problematic customer in the future.

19. Terry@BMS

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Metalmania82

Just wanted to say that the latest firmware update is excellent! Downloaded/installed it last night before an hour drive on the highway i'm really liking the new "throttle response" in Comfort and ESPECIALLY in Sport. Great job guys!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted