1. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Burger Tuning JB4 for Kia Stinger!

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Kia Stinger, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Bigc020107

Bigc020107 United States Newish Member

@Terry@BMS
    I posted yesterday to have you look over some logs. You may have missed it. It was at the same time as a few others. Can you take a look and let me know how everything looks. Thanks.
    My Post was #2633

2. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Since more people keep getting the same weird oscillation issues do you think you’ll start working on the EWG control anytime soon? The linear boost helps a little, but know my buddy and many others are looking for a true “fix” to resolve it completely.

I guess the free 12packs didn’t tempt you ;), so what else can we offer to get that project to the top on your to-do list? Bottle of Tito’s? Name your poison?:D

3. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Stinger Enthusiast

Tried the linear option, I like it better

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Metalmania82

Metalmania82 United States Active Member

I turn fuc.7 ON and since then, at low throttle, 2nd gear, there's a stutter. Any relationship?

5. Metalmania82

I switched to the linear option a couple weeks ago and definitely like it better, but, now I'm having a stumble/hiccup in 2nd gear under partial throttle.

6. Callum

Callum United States Stinger Enthusiast

Strange question. What's the rough HP/TQ bump from SSR Downpipes, plugs and the JB4 gain me? Trying to out weight me modifying a "KIA" or selling i and going M3 CS.

I know this sounds funny, but I am having a hard time letting my KIA go

7. Bigc020107

If you ran map 2 and that's as high as you went roughly 60-70hp. Ssr claims around 30hp from their downpipes. So, around 100hp. It's hard to say for sure. That would be my best guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Callum

Close enough! I think another 100HP would really make this Stinger a blast to drive. Just want to maintain reliability

• Like Like x 1
  9. snipe99999

snipe99999 United States Member

I am pretty sure that the SSR 30hp was on a car with no tune. I think on a car with a tune the gain from SSR downpipes are much less.

10. Bigc020107

Yeah, idk for sure. I was just going by what they claimed.

11. StungBlueGT2

Are you talking about the oscillations or boost surging some people keep describing? Or did you have that before and used FUD7 to try to lessen the fluctuations, but now you have a different issue?

The JB4 by itself adds about 70whp/103wtq.
    [​IMG]
    And up to 114whp/126wtq with e30 and intakes only! 441whp/518wtq with just two simple bolt-ons(~$600) is very impressive and can only get better with more airflow.:thumbup:
    [​IMG]

There is an ongoing debate about secondary DPs gains with a chip/tune and dont think it will be another 30whp, but guessing 10-15whp conservatively. We are waiting on a couple people to dyno test them while using a chip/tune and will know more at that point.

Tuned Stingers are already running sub 4sec 0-60 & high 11s in 1/4m which is very similar to the M3 CS, but that car is smaller and over 500lbs lighter. You really cant compare the two, but in straight line performance the Stinger will be similar and for about a 1/3 the price!(M3 CS=$100k+) Save the money and just enjoy beating cars double & triple the price!:cool:

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  12. JustThatPenguin

JustThatPenguin United States Active Member

My cars been feeling super sluggish these past couple of days. So I logged it and paid attention to my boost. Looked like the little boost bar didnt even move. I didnt put the pedal all the way down. But usually at this level I get a lot more boost. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

13. Shrikecorp

Shrikecorp United States Active Member Sustaining Member

Looks like steady low speeds, rising to a max of around 40 mph, with pedal in the teens and throttle not much higher. Wouldn't expect to see much boost at all?

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. StungBlueGT2

Not sure why it’s feeling sluggish, maybe bad gas or low octane and the ECU is pulling ignition timing.

However the JB4 doesn’t even start adding boost until about 40-50% pedal input so that log is all stock settings & boost levels. Do a WOT pull from about 20mph to highway speeds so you get a good log to analyze and see what the JB4 is actually doing.:thumbup:

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  15. Metalmania82

Oscillation I believe. I didn't have any issues until AFTER changing FUD7. Most of the time I drive in "manual" with the paddles but was able to confirm same issue with paddles and full automatic. When going from 1st to 2nd, shifting between 1500 & 2000, partial throttle, just cruising around, there's a split second hesitation, a hiccup, a glitch, stutter, etc, while already in 2nd gear and same partial throttle. This hiccup happens, real quick but noticeable since throttle is cut off for that split second, then everything goes back to normal. Haven't been able to reproduce with a more aggressive throttle input nor during WOT.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Callum

I think the main reason why I can't pull the trigger on any tune is the small issues I keep hearing about. It just seems like it's not really worth all the hassle and the thought that something can go wrong or hiccups can happen

17. Whiteybird

Whiteybird United States Member

Welcome to aftermarket modifications.

Where nothing goes as planned, everyone has a different experience, and no 2 cars are alike.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Callum

That is very true. Everybody loved the tune from X company for the 2016+ Optima. I swapped plugs, catch cans and still lost my engine (detonation at partial throttle), it was a nightmare

19. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

You're hearing like 0.1% of the users reporting a problem. Do you expect to sees the other 5000 users reporting that all is well? Same goes for other issues people report on the Stinger - sunroof rattles, brake pulsating, etc. I don't have any of those issues.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Callum

No, I understand that. Forums generally make the issues seem way more widespread than they actually are. I just happen to always be in that 0.1%

Draft saved Draft deleted