Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Anyone using tork or pressertech tunes?

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by jdouga, Aug 6, 2018.

1. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Active Member

Not free, $75.00 plus tax. Cheap considering 3 hours and many failed runs. The best pull was the Stock one, it was last.....

2. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

man that's the one crappy thing about having awd, it's so hard to find a dang dyno!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States Stinger Enthusiast

You just pull a fuse and use a rwd dyno. Tork pulls the front drive shaft just in case.

4. MisterMac

Yeah, I pass on that option. It is what it is, an AWD. I'm not doing these pulls for me. I know how much fun I am having and the numbers are inconsequential once the investment is made.

I am doing my best to provide numbers for those who need them to feel comfortable investing in a full ECU tune by PRESSERTech. One that produces excellent results on stock components, including plugs.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  5. PRESSERtech LLC

PRESSERtech LLC United States Member

I wouldnt argue too much with Mistermac on math..lol... this is what he does for a living.

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Sales@Tork

Sales@Tork United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

7. MisterMac

In my assessment, not enough. Todd has been there for me as late as midnight every time I've texted or called. He builds a relationship with every client. It isn't realistic to compare price between the Ritz and Motel 6, even though you get a room for the night from both places. Therefore, you will each appeal to different segments of the marketplace and will likely do well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Tonkabob

So the tune is literally priceless!?!?! ☺
    $1250 ?

9. Sales@Tork

Sales@Tork United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

10. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

$1250 Stage 1
    Intermediate tune at $950

I got that from their other thread. No clue what the difference is or which one he has.

I guess his is the Ritz, and piggybacks are Motel 6, so you're Holiday Inn Express? :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Hojae84

Hojae84 United States Active Member

giphy.gif

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Hojae84

Hojae84 United States Active Member

13. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Funny Funny x 5
  14. MisterMac

Oh, John, you've known full well what their price is all along. You also know yours is cheaper.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Angel

Angel United States Active Member

This Post is priceless LOL.....I agree

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Angel

Tork knows the price LOL...He is just trolling and maybe a bit jealous of Todd.....There the same guys that change there prices every other day.....And by changing i mean increase lol.... I like what im reading about presertech....maybe presertech tune with JB4.......kind off like peanut butter and jelly??

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Tonkabob

Tork can sell their tune for $1250 and include a free intake and hks plugs.

18. StungBlueGT2

StungBlueGT2 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Great information and thanks for sharing.

Interesting that both tunes HP gains are so similar. Are these both stage 0 or stage 1 ECU tunes?

Nice gains but I hoped & expected they would’ve outperformed the top piggybacks.:unsure: Torks website says stage 0 on a stock car should gain 70whp. However, it seems like both these tunes produce the same gains as the map 1 setting from a JB4, and half what lap3 dyno’d on a stock Stinger.

I don’t understand why the typical power advantages of ECU tunes don’t seem to be the same for our Stingers.:thumbdown: Looks like tunes will require multiple bolt-ons to use higher stages for more than 53hp. Maybe in time someone will unlock more power from the ECU flash and match or surpass the top piggybacks results.

I don’t want to rule out either ECU tune just yet, so someone please provide other advantages these tunes have over piggybacks?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Angel

Sure they can....or i can make my own intakes rather than paying tork which is basically a little pipe and cheap filter and charging 200 plus shipping i can do that for under 50 bucks for one.....you can also buy cheaper plugs that are not hks for half the price.....i get it man you are local to tork and have their tune ........tork the type to sell bottled water, (use tap water) and after it starts selling increase the price and claim the water price increased because its high quality purified water....i call it how i see it.....Presertech provides unlimited flashes in case your tune gets reset..tork does not, maybe the first time but they will charge you after that, they will charge you if they claim to make changes to the tune lol (key word claim) presertech wont ......sure tork might say otherwise now that there is competition lol....but i am not going to keep going lets keep this thread about the tunes...

20. Tonkabob

You are so right. Tork tune for $800 and $450 for any mods of your choice. I obviously was being sarcastic.

Draft saved Draft deleted