kia stinger store

Annoying seat belt reminder chime....GONE!

Chucky

South Carolina
And it's a bottle opener too Lol!
Seat belt.jpg

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!

Coolmoose

I'm from Connecticut. I think its against state law here to use a blinker!

Seriously though, my kids LIKED the idea of me buying this car because of the safety features, including the seat belt chime, the lane departure warnings, the auto cruise control that will stop your car, and the fact that if you do not use your blinkers, the lane departure warning yells at you.

The car I owned before was a Ford Expedition. Now there is a vehicle that doesn't need a seat belt warning chime! You could hit a bridge abutment and the truck would just push it over. And in fact, it NEVER complained that I didn't use my seatbelt. It put up a red light on the dash, and that was it. It was a 2011.

I'm not saying that I will disconnect the white wire. But the pirate in me says I should! (but the "Good Dad" part of me says I should not) It's like having that devil and the angel on my shoulders in that scene from Animal House...

Now please save all the snide comments... Jokes I read... snide comments I don't.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Welcome, @Coolmoose that was quite a first post and de facto introductory! :laugh::thumbup:
Talk about your car a bit, and where you're from. (put that in your profile too, if you don't mind)

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Spaceme17

Does the annoying seat belt reminder chime annoy you? If so- it is easy to disconnect it. Under the drivers seat looking under from the front, there will be a two wire plug right in the center hanging under the seat. White plug. Simply unplug the connector. Make sure not to disrupt the yellow connector- that is your airbag in the seat.

The car will think your seatbelt is forever fastened. No more annoying chime. ...and before you all start whining about seat belts and safety...I have a long driveway and prefer to pop my seatbelt off once I leave the public road. I Always wear my seatbelt on public roadways, not suggesting otherwise.

Thank you sir. Disconnected mine. Now no nanny reminder.

Gtecko

Stinger Enthusiast
Halifax, NS
someone on the FB group showed you could disconnect the chime on the receiving end, where the little speaker is, which is by the fender.

I disabled the chime my Mini Cooper S as well, it is all programmable... doesn't mean that I don't wear the seat belt - two different conversation here.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
My thoughts, ha ha lol, I try and get it fastened BEFORE the chime!! I lose all the time. just wanna go go go!! thts me always on the run can't fasten a safety belt in time or hear an annoying chime, nope thats not for me.......SARCASM!!!! fasten it then drive it!!
I got tired of hearing the chime.....I buckle up every time, but I don't need a chime to remind me.
Especially one that doesn't know when to stfu!
and then there was this image of my marriage.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

SoCalSHO

Diamond Bar, Ca
hoping this will work for my 2021- I wear a full duty belt and that damn thing gets caught !
You don't wear your belt home do you? My boots and belt never went in my cars. All the crap that I walk in/through, never bring that into my car or home to the family.

To be honest I think this is a terrible idea. There’s no reason to NOT wear your seat belt when operating a vehicle. Public roads or private.
There’s plenty of reasons one would want the option to not wear a seatbelt....one of them is called freedom, it blows me away the social justice warriors so concerned about every one else, go vote for Biden, he’ll tell you how to live your life and you’ll never have to worry about anything again...lol I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this!

Blamo

Ontario, Canada
There’s plenty of reasons one would want the option to not wear a seatbelt....one of them is called freedom, it blows me away the social justice warriors so concerned about every one else, go vote for Biden, he’ll tell you how to live your life and you’ll never have to worry about anything again...lol I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this!

All I will say is no politics on a car forum, save it for facebook :)

Gtecko

Stinger Enthusiast
Halifax, NS

1603718121413.png

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
That kind of in-out scenario: buckle the belt and leave it.
there is one more option.....since most belts are the same cut a male one out of a junker and just click it.....(on the ranch)...Personally I just use it and thats that.

G

G-275619

Does the annoying seat belt reminder chime annoy you? If so- it is easy to disconnect it. Under the drivers seat looking under from the front, there will be a two wire plug right in the center hanging under the seat. White plug. Simply unplug the connector. Make sure not to disrupt the yellow connector- that is your airbag in the seat.

The car will think your seatbelt is forever fastened. No more annoying chime. ...and before you all start whining about seat belts and safety...I have a long driveway and prefer to pop my seatbelt off once I leave the public road. I Always wear my seatbelt on public roadways, not suggesting otherwise.
Jason- thank you - my dog goes with me on trip and sets off the reminder chime it very annoying and causes issues. This will help tremendously