kia stinger store

Annoying seat belt reminder chime....GONE!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
You know, a simple fix to the chime is to leave your belt buckled, and just throw the shoulder strap over your head. That way no officious cop will see that you're not wearing the lap belt.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
if ya gonna go thru that much , ya might as well just put the G.D thing on the right way.....just me being obvious. no hate here.

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
Please teach me about the studies that show not wearing your seatbelt is safer than wearing one.

As soon as you show me where I ever said that. As I said, I always wear my seatbelt, but I';m not going to tell other adults that they are stupid if they don't. It's not my place and it's a freedom they should have a choice over since it effects my life in no way if they wear theirs or not.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I'm sure he'll go for that as long as we can part out yours when you die from being in an accident while wearing your seatbelt. A seatbelt is not a guarantee against death in an accident. I'm with you on the texting though because now you are putting my saftey at risk. If you don't wear your seatbelt, you are only putting yourself at risk which should be an adult choice, as is eating that greasy burger and fries and smoking.

Please teach me about the studies that show not wearing your seatbelt is safer than wearing one.

whoa...the post you quoted said nothing about that! It did state that seatbelts were no guarantee to saving a life.....I saw no mention of the latter.

Then why even bring it up, no one in this thread is arguing that seatbelts make you immune from injury or death. It’s irrefutable that you are safer in every situation wearing a seatbelt than not.

Clearly that damn chime will kill all of us some day........
Clearly or unclearly....something was misread or garbled on the way to the keyboard.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

ScottM

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
I'm sure he'll go for that as long as we can part out yours when you die from being in an accident while wearing your seatbelt. A seatbelt is not a guarantee against death in an accident. I'm with you on the texting though because now you are putting my saftey at risk. If you don't wear your seatbelt, you are only putting yourself at risk which should be an adult choice, as is eating that greasy burger and fries and smoking.

You are very right that there is no guarantee. I was just being dramatic in a sense. Just saying that just when you feel all cozy and relaxed because nothing can happen with your seatbelt off...Whammo, you're dead!

there is a setting for the blinkers....you just have to touch it and it will either not blink,or blink 3,5 or 7 times...you set the peramiters
[/QUOTE]

Yes, very true. I was just ranting about drivers who don't use blinkers in general. I was in a mood to rant and fit that in somewhere. :)

Clearly that damn chime will kill all of us some day........
:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
You make it sound like a aneurysm......lol

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
There's a good chance you didn't read all of the posts.

I've been married. Twice. Selective hearing is an acquired skill, guess it translates into skimming forum posts.

That, or I'm a grumpy old guy at times.

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
It’s irrefutable that you are safer in every situation wearing a seatbelt than not.

Disagree on this, but don't want to seem like I'm in any way agreeing to not wear it on public roads. I personally feel naked without it. With that said, a very smart and educated friend of mine won't wear a seatbelt because of something that happened to someone very close to them. I forgot the basic details, it was a very long time ago, but it was a convincing explanation and despite being a very unusual situation, she still never wears a seatbelt as a driver or passenger, and I respect her choice.

Made for a rather amusing incident when I took her out in my daughters Challenger a few years back, and was bragging on the brakes, and warned her I was going to show her, but she still ended up ON TOP OF the dash. We laugh about that often, and I've shared it with countless friends...

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
ok so seatbelts are better 999,999,999 out of 1....yep that seems like not every time to me.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

ScottM

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Made for a rather amusing incident when I took her out in my daughters Challenger a few years back, and was bragging on the brakes, and warned her I was going to show her, but she still ended up ON TOP OF the dash. We laugh about that often, and I've shared it with countless friends...

Well, I mean as long as you can laugh about it instead of her flying out the window, that's good. :whistle:

But honestly, to each to their own and everyone has their reasons for this or that. Listen, just use your blinker...whether you're on public roads or private roads! Cattle, birds, cars...they all need to know where you're going so they can act accordingly. :thumbup:

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Mine is set for 7 ....if they don't see it, oh well....bump de bump

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
I’m gonna disconnect the brakes so I can go faster, stuff the red lights! Lol

There's no guarantee that stopping at red lights will save your life anyway. So might as well stop stopping all together...:rofl:

#thenoseatbeltmanslogic

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
No signals , no brakes......accelerator to the floor...what could possibly go wrong?

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Don’t forget no chimes, hell, what about no driver? I could stay at home and enjoy the drive by remote! Lol
No, you really couldn't...not with this car....lol

jibkat

The other thing that solves the chime problem is removing the white wiring harness plug under the drivers seat. I've had it out now for a few days and no ill effects. I can now roll into my garage with my belt unbuckled and not have the car make noises that sound like an 80's video game.

Thanks again to the OP for sharing this find.

finally an answer instead of a philosophical debate

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
I just have one of those extender buckles that delete the chime that way. You can then use it in any vehicle you are in.

SKStinger

1000 Posts Club!
Saskatchewan, Canada