kia stinger store

Annoying seat belt reminder chime....GONE!

Does the annoying seat belt reminder chime annoy you? If so- it is easy to disconnect it. Under the drivers seat looking under from the front, there will be a two wire plug right in the center hanging under the seat. White plug. Simply unplug the connector. Make sure not to disrupt the yellow connector- that is your airbag in the seat.

The car will think your seatbelt is forever fastened. No more annoying chime. ...and before you all start whining about seat belts and safety...I have a long driveway and prefer to pop my seatbelt off once I leave the public road. I Always wear my seatbelt on public roadways, not suggesting otherwise.

Last edited:

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
I have zero intentions of doing this but just want to make sure that you're positive that harness has no other duties other than the chime because if you arent you could be putting people at risk with this post...

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
Thx for the tip. I have never not worn a seatbelt on public roads, but have lived on 14 acres with over 1/4 mile of driveway and have plenty of reasons to not bother with it.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Thx for the tip. I have never not worn a seatbelt on public roads, but have lived on 14 acres with over 1/4 mile of driveway and have plenty of reasons to not bother with it.
Wow, your own drag strip. Why leave home?

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
Thanks for the info. I just got one of those plug in seatbelt chime defeat things but you can still plug your seatbelt into it if you want to wear it. This way will be more asthetically pleasing for sure.

You’re a mod...you should remove the whole thread since it promotes what is likely illegal, and certainly irresponsible, behavior.
HAHA..what is illegal here? It is certainly not illegal to drive without a seatbelt on my PRIVATE driveway. If you are referring to disabling the seatbelt reminder chime: my 2017 Ford truck allows the seatbelt chime to be turned off, and it explains how to do it in the owners manual.

Ucinn

1000 Posts Club!
Yea, I have the chime disabled in my Mustang. It wasn't in the manual, but was easy enough to find online. A few keyturns and buckling and unbuckling of the seatbelt and like magic, the dinging is gone. The light is still there for a minute though.

smmrfld

HAHA..what is illegal here? It is certainly not illegal to drive without a seatbelt on my PRIVATE driveway. If you are referring to disabling the seatbelt reminder chime: my 2017 Ford truck allows the seatbelt chime to be turned off, and it explains how to do it in the owners manual.
It’s your life, you’re certainly free to take foolish actions.