2020 Stinger Rumors

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA

shoengine

* Exceptions to "no reason" include but are not limited to:
- Mechanical ineptitude
- Physical disability
- A contract-based extended or lifetime warranty which requires all maintenance be performed by a licensed shop (of course, if you don't care about contract-based warranties, this does not apply to you)
- Nowhere to perform the work oneself (when I rented an apartment I was not allowed to do ANY work on my vehicles per the lease)

So, I would disagree with no reason.
-Gravel driveway.

It just isn't any fun.

turboAWD

Sustaining Member
West Coast
Refresh, huh? :eek:

I don't have any issues with the current look of the Stinger. The exterior and interior suits my taste very well. However, I do have a small wish list...

- 360 degree view (standard): I consider this a safety matter.
- HK sound system update: Hi/low/band pass filter controls w/db adjustable cut offs, 30 band EQ :whistle:. Analog equipment is highly out of the question so I'll be content with these things through software updates. I'll even pay extra for these.
- Drive Mode settings as default: Not a biggie since the first thing I do is switch to Sport mode when I turn on my car.

I'm a simple kind of person. I don't think these things are too much to ask? :)
D-AWD + rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential) for AWD standard.
Nav updates / better software / apps

me&stinger

D-AWD + rear LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential) for AWD standard.
Nav updates / better software / apps
I read in one of these threads somewhere that our Infotainment has wifi but it's not operable? It will be nice if we can run our own updates or grab apps via wifi. Hopefully Kia will enable it someday.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
I would suggest that everybody who wants to see features in your respective market Stinger, reach out to Kia through both Kia directly and through Hyundai. Kia does call back following up on inquiries and while the read from a script(very bureaucratic) and the info they provide is misleading, they do take feedback and feed it up the chain. Stress that they're crippling their halo car by holding back your decision-making features that they have the already have parts in their bin, or the code in their source control, etc.

Jacques

STL Stinger Club
Saint Charles, MO
@Sabs - that hoodscoop looks Mustang-like, at least that's what it looks like to me. It'll be interesting to see that's for sure.

Whytiptoe

Nashville, TN
I want the 2nd gen to not come about, but then everyone realizes what they where and then our value triples because everyone wants a stinger. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
I want the 2nd gen to not come about, but then everyone realizes what they where and then our value triples because everyone wants a stinger. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sure, if you want to put the car in a giant plastic bag to preserve it for 40 years with 12 miles on the odometer, and find someone with a fetish for Kia, sure. I mean, there are like two oddballs on this planet who lust after the Yugo GV...

What's the point of buying a car to maintain it as a garage queen for the next person to enjoy? It's such a waste. You'd gain more value from buying stock in the car maker, than buying the car and storing it in the garage. Cars are not good investments unless they're used for delivery or transport services.

P22Tyler

Murray, Utah
As Kimberly said, that's going to be a long game to play it's not going to be any benefit to us anytime soon, it will just cause issues for us I would think with them no longer manufacturing the car. But you may get your wish, with the already poor sales and COVID it doesn't sound great for the Stinger. I hope they give it one more go and actually market the car this time around.

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
turn signal cameras ala the Telluride SX
Are you sure that's not just the 360 surround cameras? That's a item current on the GT2 Maybe they're adding it as an option down trim (b/c no sunroof on that tester = GT).

If anything this mule looks more like current Stingers. Even the taillights through the rear holes in the camo look like current gen.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine

Rynil2000

Cumming, GA
Yes, the rearview mirror on that mule looks very different from the current Stinger mirror. Here is the current mirror for the GT2:

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2017/06/2018-Kia-Stinger-GT-side-profile.jpg

It does not protrude anything like it is on that mule.
Huh - well maybe so. They're definitely different than current.

Maybe the digital side-view mirrors support the digital dash and larger info screen reports. You've got to display that stuff somewhere :laugh:

Chark

In the K900, the gauge displays (tach or speedometer) show the left or right blind spots respectively. It does not show on the multimedia display.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
Problem is linking it to turn signals when 75% of drivers never use them.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Some new Stinger spy shots. Looks to me like it'll get turn signal cameras ala the Telluride SX. Functional hood scoops are also a possibility from the mesh.

2021 Kia Stinger facelift spied with extensive camouflage
These are not new to me. I'm sure I've seen them quite a while ago. This mule doesn't even have different DRLs, and it's been pretty well established that the one thing the facelift is getting is a redesigned headlight assembly.

SKStinger

Stinger Enthusiast
These are not new to me. I'm sure I've seen them quite a while ago. This mule doesn't even have different DRLs, and it's been pretty well established that the one thing the facelift is getting is a redesigned headlight assembly.
Agreed. New article, old photos. It’s the same rehashed rumour mill content.