2020 Stinger Rumors

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
Very cool! If the refresh comes with the new IP and UVO Link, it's worth putting off my purchase from March until September and putting up with the Saab a little while longer. That of course assumes that we will get the Stinger refresh the same time as rest of world, which so far hasn't been the case. >_>

Sabs

Arizona, USA
I imagine US market models won’t arrive until late fall. Most features will be similar to the Korean market model expected to arrive late in the summer. However, we probably won’t know whether there are US market UVO changes until a month or two before it arrives at dealers.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
I imagine US market models won’t arrive until late fall. Most features will be similar to the Korean market model expected to arrive late in the summer. However, we probably won’t know whether there are US market UVO changes until a month or two before it arrives at dealers.
The Aussies got the Stinger 3 months before Canada the US got theirs 2 months later .................not that this will will be the rollout strategy for the refresh but it might........................suggesting possibly next year ??

Ozstung

Sustaining Member
Western Sydney.
The Aussies got the Stinger 3 months before Canada the US got theirs 2 months later .................not that this will will be the rollout strategy for the refresh but it might........................suggesting possibly next year ??
I'll make sure you guys are the first to know:D.

Cosmetic changes? I'm thinking the tail lights and some internals.

I think we got it first originally as Kia wanted to take advantage of the demise of the Ford XR8 & XR6 which I would have bought. Except the Stinger came across my radar. Also just previously the true Commodore went the way of the dinosaur. I thought it was well timed and sales would sky rocket for the Stinger, having talked to the locals it boiled down to tribal badge snobbery. The Ford/Holden thing is still a big thing.

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
Initial release dates in the US were based on approvals from government agencies. Subsequent model years are solely at the discretion of the manufacturer, barring any major design changes requiring government approval.

It's why the 2018 didn't get features other countries did (i.e. 360º camera.)

Typically, manufacturers released "the next model year" (in the US) in the fall of the preceding year, but that is strictly a marketing/sales strategy. KIA is/was, to the best of my knowledge, one of the first to "break that mold", releasing the "2011" Sorento in the Spring of 2010.

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
Typically, manufacturers released "the next model year" (in the US) in the fall of the preceding year, but that is strictly a marketing/sales strategy. KIA is/was, to the best of my knowledge, one of the first to "break that mold", releasing the "2011" Sorento in the Spring of 2010.
Nonsense; GM has done this with the Corvette for several generations now, making a late mid-car-season introduction of the new generation or major refresh. Also, Ford did this too; the first pony car, the Ford Mustang, made its debut as a "1964 1/2" but actually had a 1965 VIN (so they were legally actually 1965 models), and they've done a couple of mid-year introductions since then (although they've never really marketed a year+1/2 model again), and they've also done this with the Ford Focus RS, and are repeating the mid-year introduction of the RS (sadly not in the US though, because of the disgusting SUV fetish we seem to have).

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
Kia only have themselves to blame if the Stinger sales are less than what they had hoped for. I've seen next to nothing in terms Stinger marketing for the past year or so. Even the Stinger Saloon near me has closed.

Stealership like this should get the blame too. A few weeks back while getting raped getting an oil change at the stealership, I snapped this pic on a GT2 that they had parked front and center of the showroom floor.
Edit: reattaching pic
View attachment 36814
Let me guess. Me thinks this is Garden Grove Kia. They had a car I was interested in advertised for $13K off, but when I asked for an OTD cash price they piled on the BS add ons. I recently got an email from their internet sales manager saying they could work some of this out, but I told him I would not deal with him. I did not bother to tell him I had already purchased from Citrus Kia.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
You think they'll bother with a refresh, seeing how the sedan market is doing?
Its already been confirmed by Kia ...............

Peeso33

Sunny California
Let me guess. Me thinks this is Garden Grove Kia. They had a car I was interested in advertised for $13K off, but when I asked for an OTD cash price they piled on the BS add ons. I recently got an email from their internet sales manager saying they could work some of this out, but I told him I would not deal with him. I did not bother to tell him I had already purchased from Citrus Kia.
Bingo. Just a fyi, they raised the price of an oil change recently from $130 to $190

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
Anyone who takes their car to a dealer for an oil change deserves to be reamed..

*unless they happen to have an exception who actually cares for their customers and charges a fair price.

RonNSoCal

Newbury Park, CA
Anyone who takes their car to a dealer for an oil change deserves to be reamed..

*unless they happen to have an exception who actually cares for their customers and charges a fair price.
I have an independent mechanic who I can use for general maintenance, assuming he will work on Kias. I use him for my Corvette and know he will not work on German cars. I need to choose between Simi Valley Honda/Kia and Kirby Kia of Ventura for dealership service needs. Do any of you have any experience with either of these two?

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
There is no reason* why anyone can't do an oil change themselves. Not only do you save a lot of money but you know it is getting done right.
* Exceptions to "no reason" include but are not limited to:
- Mechanical ineptitude
- Physical disability
- A contract-based extended or lifetime warranty which requires all maintenance be performed by a licensed shop (of course, if you don't care about contract-based warranties, this does not apply to you)
- Nowhere to perform the work oneself (when I rented an apartment I was not allowed to do ANY work on my vehicles per the lease)

So, I would disagree with no reason.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
For those that haven't done it yet, beware, the car uses plastic filter housings that will crack if too much torque is applied. Follow Kia/Hyundai's recommended ftlbs or you will have a bad/messy day. ;)

me&stinger

Refresh, huh? :eek:

I don't have any issues with the current look of the Stinger. The exterior and interior suits my taste very well. However, I do have a small wish list...

- 360 degree view (standard): I consider this a safety matter.
- HK sound system update: Hi/low/band pass filter controls w/db adjustable cut offs, 30 band EQ :whistle:. Analog equipment is highly out of the question so I'll be content with these things through software updates. I'll even pay extra for these.
- Drive Mode settings as default: Not a biggie since the first thing I do is switch to Sport mode when I turn on my car.

I'm a simple kind of person. I don't think these things are too much to ask? :)

Refresh, huh? :eek:

I don't have any issues with the current look of the Stinger. The exterior and interior suits my taste very well. However, I do have a small wish list...

- 360 degree view (standard): I consider this a safety matter.
- HK sound system update: Hi/low/band pass filter controls w/db adjustable cut offs, 30 band EQ :whistle:. Analog equipment is highly out of the question so I'll be content with these things through software updates. I'll even pay extra for these.
- Drive Mode settings as default: Not a biggie since the first thing I do is switch to Sport mode when I turn on my car.

I'm a simple kind of person. I don't think these things are too much to ask? :)
That would be nice, but I highly doubt the 360 degree camera will be standard across all models any time soon. A 360 degree camera is not even standard on a $100K S-class.

Hockster

Stinger Enthusiast
Edmonton, AB, CA
That would be nice, but I highly doubt the 360 degree camera will be standard across all models any time soon. A 360 degree camera is not even standard on a $100K S-class.
Canadian GT Limited (GT2 equivalent) get the 360 camera.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Canadian GT Limited (GT2 equivalent) get the 360 camera.
yes , and its realtively inexpensive tech . should be on all GT's everywhere to keep the value quotient in their strategy !!!