Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 Stinger Recall - Wire Harness May Be Damaged By Fender

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Kamauxx, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Tonkabob

Tonkabob United States 1000 Posts Club!

Yeah when i asked he said i don't know if you can do it yourself. I said, can you check. It took him literally 1 second to check and said no, has to be done by a certified kia mechanic. (obviously didn't check as he couldn't have even said the words that fast) They love this recall since it is almost all Stingers, takes them 5-10 mins and get paid probably for 30 or 45 mins of time. But unfortunately takes several hours of our time.

2. Jimmer

Jimmer United States Active Member

I
    I would rather have them do it. If something goes wrong (like a fire breaks out or the harness gets messed up) they are accountable. If an owner does it themselves and something goes wrong, KIA is off the hook cause the owner didnt let the experts do it. And it takes like 1/2 hour to do, not hours.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Callum

Callum United States Active Member

Mine passed. Grommet installed

4. BigPlum

BigPlum United States Member

Stinger is at the dealer to have this completed today. Pretty sad that I didn't get to drive it to work today...

Now, I just hope they don't say anything about the custom intake. (Unless they say it looks good.)

5. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

how annoying, I took my car in, waited an hour, they checked it and said it looked good, bring it back in in THREE WEEKS AND WE'LL INSTALL THE GROMMET. According to them, they can't order the grommet before the car is inspected, so that's why they told me to come in before they even had the part to fix it.

I hate dealerships, I bought a new intake last week and have been waiting to install it until this was taken care of. Time to wait another 3 freaking weeks.

6. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

That just sounds stupid on their part (or a deliberate lie because they failed to do the necessary preparatory work).

The grommet needs to be installed regardless of what their inspection shows - it's the wiring harness replacement that is conditional, and based on visible damage. They should have had a stock of those grommets on hand long before now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I asked before they did anything if they had harnesses and grommets on hand. They told me that different harnesses are in stock, some not; and they wouldn't know if they have the required harness until they ask for it: apparently that has not happened yet, so that's a good sign. They had plenty of grommets on hand.

8. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

Canadian doctors work the same way , 3 problems require 3 appointments etc ...................

9. Doel

Doel United States Stinger Enthusiast

So we have two Kia dealerships here with the same name, but different locations. I just called the second location, they actually knew exactly what the recall was while the other dealership was clueless on the phone, they looked for the part, they had it in stock, they put my name on it.

The difference between the two already is huge, that explains why this dealership doesn't have any openings until Tuesday while the other has openings every day I guess.

10. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

It isn't something they would mention to you. They usually just make note of it in their computer.

When I used to bring my lifted 4runner in for service I would always leave with a yellow bar coded sticker on the door sill saying the car was fitted with aftermarket suspension parts. They didn't say anything to me about it but I knew if something failed they would have the necessary information saved in their database to void the warranty on the relevant suspension parts.

11. BigPlum

Weird question. I took my car in on Monday to have this taken care of. Since then, every morning it feels like there is a draft from the driver side door. I know this recall is completely unrelated, but I swear I never noticed cold air coming in from there before.

Anyone else experience this post-recall or any other time for that matter?

12. Get Stung

Get Stung United States Active Member

check the heat vents in the back seat they may be set to cold, just a guess

• Like Like x 1
  13. BigPlum

I'll take a look at that. Thanks.

14. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

If you are not getting increased outside/road noise, then it can't be door related.

Draft saved Draft deleted