kia stinger store

2018 Stinger Recall - Wire Harness May Be Damaged By Fender

Arnie War

Stinger Enthusiast
Kelowna BC Canada
Ah ok

Stinger305

Los Angeles
I never heard that their was a ECU recall before , has anyone one else heard about that ???

SA352 - I'd never heard for it online either, and the dealership notified me several times about the wire harness but never about this one. When I showed up and mentioned I heard about a TSB for transmission issues, they stuck this on. I believe it's for 2.0s only but not sure.

SA352 - ECU Replacement

khmer07

I want to order one of these rubber grommets under the ecu/driver side. Does anyone have a direct link or part number, I have no idea what its called.

SteveCo

1000 Posts Club!
Calgary, AB
I want to order one of these rubber grommets under the ecu/driver side. Does anyone have a direct link or part number, I have no idea what its called.
The part numbers for the grommet and various wiring harnesses are in the TSB document attached to post #40 in this thread.

khmer07

The part numbers for the grommet and various wiring harnesses are in the TSB document attached to post #40 in this thread.
Is this the same Grommet used to pull the jb4 obd wire into the driver side?

voon

Stinger Enthusiast
Not sure if this has made the forum, yet. I got a letter (find it attached below in german language) a few days ago about a potential issue with the cable tree at the bulkhead (not sure if this is the right translation) of the car. In it, Kia says no known problems, but potential friction damage. They'll check that and put a rubber jacket around it in case of issues.

What irritated me, is that my dealership informed me, they need to keep the car there for at least half a day, but the replacement car meanwhile isn't covered by warranty by Kia. I'm not sure I'm going to accept that.

Attachments

• letter.jpg
    letter.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 25

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
sounds like the same issue we had in North America too , its a 15 minute fix\

Paihan Lee

Irvine, CA
For those who can't read German, here is the translation:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the trust you have given Kia Motors AG in buying your Stinger.

Within the scope of the constant quality observations, the manufacturer has gained insights that cause us to inform you about a possible injury of the wiring harness to the spray wall of your vehicle.

So far, no incidents are known, which are attributed to this problem. The likelihood that your vehicle will suffer such a defect is very low, but we want to spare you and your passengers from any risk or inconvenience. That's why we decided to check the cable harness on all affected vehicles and to protect it against rubbing by means of a rubber sleeve or to replace it if necessary.

We ask you to make an appointment with an official Kia partner to have this preventive measure - of course, run free of charge for you.

Important: Please take this letter to the Kia partner.

If you are no longer in possession of the affected vehicle, please forward this letter to the new owner or return this letter with the address of the new owner.

We apologize to you for the intrigues that arise from this recall and ask for your understanding.

Regards,

Kia Motors AG

RLittle

I never heard that their was a ECU recall before , has anyone one else heard about that ???

I have to bring my car in for the wiring inspection and the guy just told my wife there is an ECU re-flash recall as well.
He said something about the "motor blowing up" she told me. I kid you not. They are just trying to scare me into bringing the car back quickly, i bet!

BTW, I checked the wire harness and it is fine.

Paihan Lee

Irvine, CA
@Paihan Lee you don't happen to work at the Irvine towers would you? Two white stingers in my office parking, premium and a GT...
No, I just live in Irvine and work in Huntington Beach. Maybe I'll see you around since I pass by there quite often. There's a large group of Stingers getting together this Sunday morning for a cruise to Thousand Oaks. Let me know if you're interested!

Rob M

Maryland, USA
Since the Kia dealer from which i took possession of my Stinger closed, I have been slow to get mine checked. Scheduled an appointment at another dealer 3 weeks ago, and took it in today. Picked up a nissan sentra for my loaner. Checked back this evening and they weren't finished.... part was on order. Since i hadn't previously read this entire thread, i didn't know whether to ask whether they ordered just the grommet or the wiring harness too. After more than a year, this is the first time it's gone back to kia for service. Anyone else still waiting to get this recall addressed?

Arnie War

Stinger Enthusiast
Kelowna BC Canada
Recall was done just after 2 k on it :)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Since the Kia dealer from which i took possession of my Stinger closed, I have been slow to get mine checked. Scheduled an appointment at another dealer 3 weeks ago, and took it in today. Picked up a nissan sentra for my loaner. Checked back this evening and they weren't finished.... part was on order. Since i hadn't previously read this entire thread, i didn't know whether to ask whether they ordered just the grommet or the wiring harness too. After more than a year, this is the first time it's gone back to kia for service. Anyone else still waiting to get this recall addressed?
Dealer had grommets in copious amounts. They had to order the harness. My dealer let me drive away and return later, once the harness was in: took less than half an hour to install the harness and the grommet.