Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

2018 Stinger Recall - Wire Harness May Be Damaged By Fender

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Kamauxx, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Arnie War

Arnie War Canada Active Member

Ah ok

2. Stinger305

Stinger305 United States Member

SA352 - I'd never heard for it online either, and the dealership notified me several times about the wire harness but never about this one. When I showed up and mentioned I heard about a TSB for transmission issues, they stuck this on. I believe it's for 2.0s only but not sure.

SA352 - ECU Replacement

3. khmer07

khmer07 United States Member

I want to order one of these rubber grommets under the ecu/driver side. Does anyone have a direct link or part number, I have no idea what its called.

4. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

The part numbers for the grommet and various wiring harnesses are in the TSB document attached to post #40 in this thread.

5. khmer07

khmer07 United States Member

Is this the same Grommet used to pull the jb4 obd wire into the driver side?

6. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Not sure if this has made the forum, yet. I got a letter (find it attached below in german language) a few days ago about a potential issue with the cable tree at the bulkhead (not sure if this is the right translation) of the car. In it, Kia says no known problems, but potential friction damage. They'll check that and put a rubber jacket around it in case of issues.

What irritated me, is that my dealership informed me, they need to keep the car there for at least half a day, but the replacement car meanwhile isn't covered by warranty by Kia. I'm not sure I'm going to accept that.

Attached Files:

7. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

sounds like the same issue we had in North America too , its a 15 minute fix\

8. Paihan Lee

Paihan Lee United States Member

For those who can't read German, here is the translation:

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

Many thanks for the trust you have given Kia Motors AG in buying your Stinger.

Within the scope of the constant quality observations, the manufacturer has gained insights that cause us to inform you about a possible injury of the wiring harness to the spray wall of your vehicle.

So far, no incidents are known, which are attributed to this problem. The likelihood that your vehicle will suffer such a defect is very low, but we want to spare you and your passengers from any risk or inconvenience. That's why we decided to check the cable harness on all affected vehicles and to protect it against rubbing by means of a rubber sleeve or to replace it if necessary.

We ask you to make an appointment with an official Kia partner to have this preventive measure - of course, run free of charge for you.

Important: Please take this letter to the Kia partner.

If you are no longer in possession of the affected vehicle, please forward this letter to the new owner or return this letter with the address of the new owner.

We apologize to you for the intrigues that arise from this recall and ask for your understanding.

Regards,

Kia Motors AG

• Like Like x 1
  9. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

So this is the same wire harness recall we got in the US.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

11. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I knew about the US recall but I haven't received anything from KIA AU.

12. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Active Member

@Paihan Lee you don't happen to work at the Irvine towers would you? Two white stingers in my office parking, premium and a GT...

13. RLittle

RLittle United States Active Member

Download the TSB. It will tell you how to check it. Mine was fine.

14. RLittle

RLittle United States Active Member

I have to bring my car in for the wiring inspection and the guy just told my wife there is an ECU re-flash recall as well.
    He said something about the "motor blowing up" she told me. I kid you not. They are just trying to scare me into bringing the car back quickly, i bet!

BTW, I checked the wire harness and it is fine.

15. Paihan Lee

Paihan Lee United States Member

No, I just live in Irvine and work in Huntington Beach. Maybe I'll see you around since I pass by there quite often. There's a large group of Stingers getting together this Sunday morning for a cruise to Thousand Oaks. Let me know if you're interested!

16. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

kinda silly

Draft saved Draft deleted