kia stinger store

3.3TT WTB Catback - Borla vs MBRP

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
Honestly after 14 months or so, there is only rust on the hangars and the welds of mine. The exhaust itself is fine. I think the rust danger is more internal than external. Painting it won’t have much benefit. Those weds are thick, so the chances of the rusting through.... well it would take 30 years
I don't think I've been to pitt in the snow. Is the salt absolutely terrible there as it is here in Ohio? Its more of a personal thing too. I'm bored as piss and that will take up time and give me something to do too lmao

87and66

Pittsburgh, PA
I don't think I've been to pitt in the snow. Is the salt absolutely terrible there as it is here in Ohio? Its more of a personal thing too. I'm bored as piss and that will take up time and give me something to do too lmao
Yeah they salt like crazy here. For a good week after it snows, your car gets coated in salt dust.

Yonkers NY
I will check out k8stingerstore's website & khartunerz's website before contacting them directly. I believe on k8stingerstore's website it says they are out of stock.

For the exhaust is welding or cutting required for the catback exhaust or exhaust tips?

Is there any downside to exhaust tips such as reduced MPG or reduced power or a leak? I am reading how MBRP catback exhaust and Borla catback exhaust both add horsepower and improve performance but that is WITHOUT a tune?

Another silly question but is it okay to mix a MBRP catback exhaust with Borla exhaust tips or another set up?

Are there any exhaust tips that improve performance or MPG or that's not possible? If I go with exhaust tips I want something that "REALLY" stands out if possible. Very large and if possible not only reduce drone but also increase sound or make the exhaust note deeper.

I really like these exhaust tips aesthetically: (especially the blue color)

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
I will check out k8stingerstore's website & khartunerz's website before contacting them directly. I believe on k8stingerstore's website it says they are out of stock.

For the exhaust is welding or cutting required for the catback exhaust or exhaust tips?

Is there any downside to exhaust tips such as reduced MPG or reduced power or a leak? I am reading how MBRP catback exhaust and Borla catback exhaust both add horsepower and improve performance but that is WITHOUT a tune?

Another silly question but is it okay to mix a MBRP catback exhaust with Borla exhaust tips or another set up?

Are there any exhaust tips that improve performance or MPG or that's not possible? If I go with exhaust tips I want something that "REALLY" stands out if possible. Very large and if possible not only reduce drone but also increase sound or make the exhaust note deeper.

I really like these exhaust tips aesthetically: (especially the blue color)

I placed my order from KHARTunerz on Monday and it hasn't shipped yet. It did say in stock though.

No cutting or welding is required, its all bolt and clamp together.

There is no downside to different tips in any way except drone. And yes almost any aftermarket exhaust will increase power a little bit. Not a ton but a little, it might not be noticeable by the butt dyno but on an actual dyno yeah. This is because the larger pipe and mufflers flow much better. No need for a tune.

As car as the tips, if they are the same diameter tip, yes it will fit. I haven't done research to see what size the clamp on the borla tips are because there's no way in hell I'm paying 1000$ for exhaust tips that do nothing but look cool. Any tip will work as long as they are the same diameter. There will be no performance gained or lost on tips, just aesthetics and drone.

87and66

Pittsburgh, PA
No welding or cutting. Stock exhaust is just unbolted, and the MBRP is bolted/clamped on.

No downside to tips except if you get the round tips, you may have to trim the diffuser a little to get it to fit.

Catback will add a few horsepower without a tune but nothing super noticeable. I have the MBRP and AEM intakes and I can definitely feel the increase in power high in the rev range, but nothing remarkable.

no problem using MBRP catback and tips from another brand. Most people (including me) who get tips on here go with universal tips from Aliexpress. I ordered the 63x105mm which are the oval tips.

tips won’t make any mpg or performance difference. They will only carry the sound out from under the hatch area to reduce cabin noise/drone. And they look cool. MBRP has 2.5” outlets from the mufflers so you need a tip that has a 63mm inlet. I believe there is a pretty big thread on tips also, so check that out.

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
Im going to see how the drone is without tips then if its bad just add a couple inches of pipe to extend it out. I'm too cheap to spend the money on actual tips lol

Yonkers NY
Hmmm... I will check that thread out. Btw thank you guys again so much for your amazing feedback and advice! Super duper helpful to say the least! :D

I would love big bright blue exhaust tips like the one in this picture ( https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-ww20...ips_sting4__11172.1570784998.1280.960.jpg?c=2 ) but if they're $500 or more (as you guys said Borla exhaust tips are $1000) I don't think I can justify that price haha.

I think realistically (from a financial standpoint) I will just got with a stainless steel catback exhaust system and call it a day unless I can find an incredible deal on exhaust tips that are brightly colored and really stand out.

So I need a tip that has a 63mm inlet... if I am going to purchase and install a MBRP catback exhaust... so I can use "ANY" exhaust tip as long as it is 63mm inlet correct? :D

This thread for exhaust tips ( Exhaust Tips ) is going to take me a solid hour to read and look up the dozens of different products and options lmfao! Gonna get started! :p

AYip31

Florida
o
Hmmm... I will check that thread out. Btw thank you guys again so much for your amazing feedback and advice! Super duper helpful to say the least! :D

I would love big bright blue exhaust tips like the one in this picture ( https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/n-ww20...ips_sting4__11172.1570784998.1280.960.jpg?c=2 ) but if they're $500 or more (as you guys said Borla exhaust tips are $1000) I don't think I can justify that price haha.

I think realistically (from a financial standpoint) I will just got with a stainless steel catback exhaust system and call it a day unless I can find an incredible deal on exhaust tips that are brightly colored and really stand out.

So I need a tip that has a 63mm inlet... if I am going to purchase and install a MBRP catback exhaust... so I can use "ANY" exhaust tip as long as it is 63mm inlet correct? :D

This thread for exhaust tips ( Exhaust Tips ) is going to take me a solid hour to read and look up the dozens of different products and options lmfao! Gonna get started! :p
If your getting a MBRP and getting aftermarket tips.
Around 51x89. Needs trimming and cutting the bumper
Oval 63x105, No trimming

I’ve went with oval SS tips, looks stock.

Attachments

• 7C387A64-9F95-4B6D-9FE6-E8CA73528949.jpeg
    7C387A64-9F95-4B6D-9FE6-E8CA73528949.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 5
  • B6957B4B-D375-456F-B94B-FAE62F009D78.jpeg
    B6957B4B-D375-456F-B94B-FAE62F009D78.jpeg
    548.7 KB · Views: 5

EClapp3

Dayton, OH
o

If your getting a MBRP and getting aftermarket tips.
Around 51x89. Needs trimming and cutting the bumper
Oval 63x105, No trimming

I’ve went with oval SS tips, looks stock.
You have a link to those? and how much?

AYip31

Florida
Yonkers NY
They look nice but I would want something to make the exhaust tips stick out more and be a bright color... one moment... Thank you for the link btw! I don't know why it's so buggy on my web-browser right now though... both on Chrome and FireFox... ??

skygtr

Norcal
They look nice but I would want something to make the exhaust tips stick out more and be a bright color... one moment... Thank you for the link btw! I don't know why it's so buggy on my web-browser right now though... both on Chrome and FireFox... ??
It's a mobile link. Just remove the m. at the beginning

Yonkers NY
Yonkers NY
I just want to confirm that there is NO downside to purchasing this ( 2.5" Cat Back, Dual Rear Exit, T304 Kia Stinger 3.3L RWD/AWD 2018 - 2021 ) catback exhaust system? Whether it is from a performance or reliability or fuel economy stand point there should be no issues at all correct?

Also, from reading on Borla's website, they say their exhaust tips are meant to be attached to their catback exhaust system. I don't see exhaust tips by MBRP either it seems. Will need to do a bit more research on what to get now. I really want to avoid molding, bending, or cutting anything on my car to get the exhaust tips attached.

Thanks again all! :)

skygtr

Norcal
Most of the Aliexpress tips come with clamps so you just remove the OEM fakes and slide the tips over the ends of the exhaust. I have MBRP and I never really noticed a sound difference unless I was pushing it. With the Ark mids it's a lot more noticeable, and under heavy throttle it can get pretty loud, but I like it.

Yonkers NY
Most of the Aliexpress tips come with clamps so you just remove the OEM fakes and slide the tips over the ends of the exhaust. I have MBRP and I never really noticed a sound difference unless I was pushing it. With the Ark mids it's a lot more noticeable, and under heavy throttle it can get pretty loud, but I like it.

I'm going to sound really silly but I am having trouble understanding your post.

You're saying that you have the MBRP catback and that it is not louder than stock UNLESS you're going wide open throttle? So same sound at idle or low RPM's cruising around town?

Are "Ark Mids" a type/brand of exhaust tip? If I am going for exhaust tips I want ones that improve sound (whether a deeper tone and/or louder exhaust note) as a top priority. The rest is aesthetic/cosmetic for me. I do want exhaust tips that really stand out though. Ones that are larger (that stick further out in length to the stock tips) but have the same diameter so you can (as you said) simply "slide" them on and not have to worry about doing anything else. Bonus points if they are titanium blue or any bright color.

I am looking at Aliexpress but there are so many different ones I am unsure which should be used. I also don't seem to find brightly colored ones unless I am completely blind lmfao.

Yonkers NY
Would these work (without having to mold/cut/bend anything of course) or am I completely stupid lol?

Blueangel

Ark mids are mid/downpipes that some people buy to compliment the cat back exhaust. Helps to increase sound and open up more air flow that are restricted by the primary cats. Exhaust tips will only work by inlet/outlet size round ( slight trim) 63/89 or oval 63/105 ( no trimming). Just stick to the oval size if you don’t want your diffuser/bumper shaved.
You probably need to do more research through the MBRP thread before making a decision. Everybody that has purchased a MBRP exhaust has said that it is louder than stock probably around 6 to 7 out of 10.

Yonkers NY
Thank you for explaining! :)

I am pretty sure I will purchase ( 2.5" Cat Back, Dual Rear Exit, T304 Kia Stinger 3.3L RWD/AWD 2018 - 2021 ) since it is louder than stock by all measurements but does not have any crazy drone or sets off car alarms. I also like that it is stainless steel with a lifetime warranty and does not require a tune to produce performance gains. Now the question is negotiating and finding a good deal.

So if I want to avoid having to physically change anything in my bumper I should stick to "Oval Shape - 63mm going in / 105mm going out" correct? Going to do some more digging and research online since I want to find ones that are a bright color such as blue or titanium glossed.

Very silly question but can it be Oval 63mm/105+
mm so that the length of the exhaust tips go even further out and stick out more than the stock? In other words... The stock exhaust tips seem very short from the point that sticks out past the rear bumper. I want longer exhaust tips if possible... unless there is a downside to that?

Thank you again! :)