kia stinger store

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

Will/would/have you rebadge(d) your Stinger?

• Yes. I have rebadged my Stinger, or likely will do so in the future

Votes: 400 82.6%
  • No. I have not rebadged my Stinger, nor am I likely to do so in the future

Votes: 84 17.4%

• Total voters

2019parsting

Newish Member
I don’t have any original badging on mine in or out. You shouldn’t have any problem doing it yourself, :whistle:unless of course you’re like one of those cement handed wingers that couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn from the slot.
I did it this week use the stencil that comes with it to line it up. I used sticky takt to hold it on without damaging the paint, it came out well. I covered the holes perfectly. I filled the holes with a resin before adding the new badge..

Attachments

• 20211018_213210_HDR.jpg
    20211018_213210_HDR.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211018_213210_HDR.jpg
    20211018_213210_HDR.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20211016_174144_HDR.jpg
    20211016_174144_HDR.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 20211016_172811_HDR.jpg
    20211016_172811_HDR.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211018_213227_HDR.jpg
    20211018_213227_HDR.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 22

Schroedes

2019parsting

Newish Member
I wanna replace the rear stinger badge with the black stinger badge.. is it hard pulling that off without any nicks to the paint. The front E badge went fine cept for 1 little ding
Yes, I did the rear as well and I did scatch the paint. I think I would use a heat gun if I had to do it again. Plus put goog be gone under the badge helps not scratch the paint. Get the plastic emblem tools off Amazon. If you take your time you shouldn't hurt your paint.

Transmetal

Stinger Enthusiast
I wanna replace the rear stinger badge with the black stinger badge.. is it hard pulling that off without any nicks to the paint. The front E badge went fine cept for 1 little ding
I feel the same, I wanna replace the big chrome Stinger script on the back with "black chrome" or something that's more of a match to the stock trim, mirror caps, front end.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Yes, I did the rear as well and I did scatch the paint. I think I would use a heat gun if I had to do it again. Plus put goog be gone under the badge helps not scratch the paint. Get the plastic emblem tools off Amazon. If you take your time you shouldn't hurt your paint.
Using a heat gun increases your chance of a cock up exponentially. Whenever you read about someone bubbling their paint guess what the cement handed dim wit used a heat gun. Hair dryer, fish line, goo-gone, patience, buff out tiny scratches, carefully stick on new badge. Looks great job well done. Simple!!

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

2019parsting

Newish Member
Using a heat gun increases your chance of a cock up exponentially. Whenever you read about someone bubbling their paint guess what the cement handed dim wit used a heat gun. Hair dryer, fish line, goo-gone, patience, buff out tiny scratches, carefully stick on new badge. Looks great job well done. Simple!!
Thanks, I didn't use a heat gun but heard of success. This is why its great to be apart of this group to get multiple peoples experiences..

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
These emblem removal/installation kits are pretty helpful:

zetatai

Both a heat gun or a hair dryer (basically the same thing) can be helpful OR cause a lot of damage... it's all about how you use it (don't overheat!) You want to get the badge & surrounding bodywork warm, NOT HOT! So... 1) LOW heat setting, 2) keep the blower a reasonable distance from the surface & keep it moving, 3) take your time letting things warm up, don't rush. If the surface feels HOT to the touch, just let it cool to warm before starting the removal process. The process is the same, but everything will be easier than with a room temp surface (heated garage), or cold surface (unheated garage). It won't prevent scratches if you use the wrong tools though!

2019parsting

Newish Member
These emblem removal/installation kits are pretty helpful:

Wish I had that kit, live and learn.

Robilar

I didn't have any issues removing my front hood or rear trunk logos (and I removed them all). I used fishing line. I do have a heat gun but took a stab at it with fishing line first. the key was using thin enough line (I used 12 pound) and pulling upwards while using it. When removing the logos, I left most of the adhesive on the surface which was the point. It's easy to get the adhesive off once the logos are gone.

Where I could see there being issues is with prying the logos up once they are loose.

WCO5UkK.jpg

CLeyffn.jpg

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...
kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Intelliburn

Central Ohio

Dan00Hawk

Plainfield, IL
Nice look!

Where did you get the white decal?
Thanks.

I bought it here, but you'll have to request it to made in the color you want as their drop down options are just matte or gloss black. Hoping someone else starts making them for $10 or less...

zetatai

Thanks.

I bought it here, but you'll have to request it to made in the color you want as their drop down options are just matte or gloss black. Hoping someone else starts making them for $10 or less...

Hell, you plastidip-ed the 'Stinger' badge on the back... that was less than $10! Painting the front 'KIA' badge would be even easier...

Dan00Hawk

Plainfield, IL
Hell, you plastidip-ed the 'Stinger' badge on the back... that was less than $10! Painting the front 'KIA' badge would be even easier...
Well, I bought the front KIA decal before I thought about plastidipping it. Derp on me. :p

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL

Attachments

• new-kia-emblem-1.jpg
    new-kia-emblem-1.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 1
  • new-kia-emblem-2.jpg
    new-kia-emblem-2.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 1
  • new-kia-emblem-3.jpg
    new-kia-emblem-3.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 0
  • new-kia-emblem-4.jpg
    new-kia-emblem-4.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
  • new-kia-emblem-5.jpg
    new-kia-emblem-5.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1

Robilar

Are the hole placements on the front hood on the 2022 in similar locations?