kia stinger store

What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Decided after sleeping on it, that I don't want the Punisher skull on my Stinger after all (What did you do to your Kia Stinger today?): so, I sawed it off with dental floss and put it on my late friend's slot car box instead. :D
DSCF0650.JPG

Ric 'Ochet

Finished the “E” badge rebadge using overlays. Turned out pretty good IMO.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
On my third set of rear Michelins; aren't they purty? I noticed, finally, that the wear bars are not just for a visual cue that you are out of rubber; when the wear bars start to wear down too, they hum and howl: the more wear bars wearing down, the louder the howl. Go figure. The last time I noticed this was on my return from Atlanta at the end of August, 2019: I was busy putting the first 4K miles on my new rear PS4S, and the last 4K on the OE front PS4: and all the way back to Utah I could hear this faint humming/thrumming sound that hadn't been there before (before I had shot them on the Tail of the Dragon :D): new front tires made that go away. And now the last couple of times I've been cruising on the freeway, I've noticed that hum/thrum was returning, only this time from the rear; the right-rear, to be exact (where the outside wear bars were already in good contact with the road).
DSCF0648.JPG DSCF0649.JPG DSCF0652.JPG DSCF0653.JPG

(edit to add: it was funny; the pros have to hire new guys too; and the new guy put my TSW "Watkins" directional wheels on backwards. :p Also, in getting the tires on, the LR wheel got the ends of the spokes a bit scraped: this was because I already had touchup gloss black on the ends of those spokes - from my altercation over a year ago with the guide rail in the car wash tunnel: the last time my car saw the inside of one of those hellish things: the kid that put my wheels on backwards warned me, and I said that's okay, since it is expected. So, before I drove away, I got out the touchup and redid the spoke ends: and this time I also touched up the tops of the lug nuts: they were looking a bit sad after a couple of years.)

Last edited:

The Madhouse

I finished my car, lol

Last edited:
You can't be running none, OEM specs are -0.7 degrees in the back at a minimum so the car runs negative camber at factory spec. The photo looks like you're running a lot more than that. Have you ever gotten the car aligned after you lowered it?
Its just the photo. Car was aligned a week after install (Same day as the picture).

StingertimeNC

NC
Ok. I’m guessing you have to be running -2 or -3 degrees in the rear though. I’m on ark GTF springs and probably over -2.

Attachments

• PXL_20210426_130833886.jpg
    PXL_20210426_130833886.jpg
    529.5 KB · Views: 14

Deviate

Venice, Florida
Nothing super exciting but I got my custom fit sun shade today. Damn Fl. sun. Fit is great sits flush on the windshield so those stupid universal fits can be trash now. At least it will be a lttle cooler at the end of the day inside now

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
Should have just installed the Sub Collar Frame Bolts and Eibach Shocks. Made a huge difference in noise and vibration for me.
Got my ATQ bolts on their way. That’s my next mod...

KPT

Brisbane, QLD
Nothing super exciting but I got my custom fit sun shade today. Damn Fl. sun. Fit is great sits flush on the windshield so those stupid universal fits can be trash now. At least it will be a lttle cooler at the end of the day inside now
Where did you get this? I'm struggling to find one in Aus, preparing to bite the bullet for shipping.

Deviate

Venice, Florida
Where did you get this? I'm struggling to find one in Aus, preparing to bite the bullet for shipping.

Dont know if it will fit a MY21 but hopefully this helps. I can send you pics of it "up" if you want

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210505-204339_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-204339_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20210505-204321_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20210505-204321_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 10

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Why talk about it? Show it with a pic. Easy peasy. :p

ht_addict

So my little review on this did a test drive and where i leave theres plenty of uneven/rough roads before i feel the rattle/shake the car makes and now is less, car feels more solid on uneven/rough roads it should have come from factory like this. And all the review on this is spot on.
I second this. In Hamilton getting in an out of town is to experience shitty uneven roads. It's actually an embarrassment that our main roads in and out of are so bad. I got my Eibach springs and AQT sub collar bolts installed at the same time and it is a totally different ride. It's just so much more a solid ride.

Deviate

Venice, Florida

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
I second this. In Hamilton getting in an out of town is to experience shitty uneven roads. It's actually an embarrassment that our main roads in and out of are so bad. I got my Eibach springs and AQT sub collar bolts installed at the same time and it is a totally different ride. It's just so much more a solid ride.
Can’t wait to get mine on

Deviate

Venice, Florida
Why talk about it? Show it with a pic. Easy peasy. :p
The side gaps look exaggerated because on facing the Sun. The gap is probably a pinky finger width (.5"). It does tuck up under the headliner if you wanted to, and goes all the way to the base of the windshield. Its not flimsy at all either. Could be a little tighter to the mirror but not a big deal. Fits just like the factory one we have for her CX5.

Attachments

• 20210506_100522.jpg
    20210506_100522.jpg
    334.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210505_172730.jpg
    20210505_172730.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210505_172735.jpg
    20210505_172735.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 15

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The side gaps look exaggerated because on facing the Sun. The gap is probably a pinky finger width (.5"). It does tuck up under the headliner if you wanted to, and goes all the way to the base of the windshield. Its not flimsy at all either. Could be a little tighter to the mirror but not a big deal. Fits just like the factory one we have for her CX5.
Thanks. That looks really good. You need a "pinky" finger width to be able to easily grab and remove it. :thumbup: Custom made, you say? How much and can they be ordered online?

Deviate

Venice, Florida
Thanks. That looks really good. You need a "pinky" finger width to be able to easily grab and remove it. :thumbup: Custom made, you say? How much and can they be ordered online?
Couple posts up. Custom is subjective hahaha.