kia stinger store

The new brake snip?

Zensa06

Newish Member
Well, yes and no. Up to 2021 models, Limited had LSDs. In 2022, the Limited lost the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential) and only the Elite now has the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential).
I believe it was 2020 that they started getting LSD (Limited Slip Differential), so 2020-2021 Limited models.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Well, yes and no. Up to 2021 models, Limited had LSDs. In 2022, the Limited lost the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential) and only the Elite now has the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) (Limited Slip Differential).
Strike two. Only the GTS models which didn’t come out til 2020. Keep swing’in you’re bound to hit one.:thumbup:

Grump

Ontario, Canada
Strike two. Only the GTS models which didn’t come out til 2020. Keep swing’in you’re bound to hit one.:thumbup:
I mean you can check yourself....
The full spec sheets list it.
https://www.kia.ca/content/vehicles/2020vmp/2020-stinger/brochures/MY20_Stinger_EN.pdf (GT LIMITED+)
https://www.kia.ca/content/vehicles/2022vmp/stinger/brochures/MY22_Stinger_EN.pdf (GT ELITE+)

It's more accurate to say Canadians have AWD-LSD (Limited Slip Differential) than to say no AWDs come with LSD (Limited Slip Differential). Semantics and off topic anyway.

SnowyGT2

Florida
Do you switch between AWD and RWD with the car on and engine running? Or do you turn it off first? I've read warning lights can come on if you pull the fuse with the engine running.

You can use the switch while the vehicle is running. No lights/warnings. I like to double check if it's on/off by going to vehicle settings and looking at the custom drive mode options. AWD setting will appear and disappear.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
re: "Beast Mode";

I think of that as Minecraft's Herobrine; a hoax/urban legend. Alternatively for portal fans: the cake is a lie; I have yet to see that unicorn where A in the IC flickers and have yet to see RPMs and boost climb while holding the car in launch mode.

AWDGT2

Oh it's there, trust me. If you've snipped the correct wire, and activated the switch, put it in D, wait while your foot is on the foot brake and give it about 1-2 min. The A will start flashing on your dash.

rpoffen

California
Tonka bob did one that I used, I just improved it with a temp push button. Here is his video
The only thing I don't like about this is that it is fine that he retained the inline fuse, but by putting it inside the passenger compartment, he has an unfused 12V circuit running along the cowling and through the firewall. If it were to move or short out to the metal ground, it will start a fire. I would recommend using one of those add a fuse products to keep the fuse in the engine fuse box, or put the inline fuse closer to the fuse box before running through the cowling or firewall.

rpoffen

California
So for a test, i pulled the fuse and I was unable to start the car, it said check the fuse. Indeed, the brake lights did not work.
I then put the fuse back in, brake lights work, and car starts. I can put drive mode is sport, disable traction and stability control and hold brake and mash the gas pedal and it goes into launch control, holding at about 2000 rpm. This is normal operation.
Then I shut off and restart the engine to reset everything, pull the fuse, brakes lights still work! In fact, I can put it into drive. I then put in sport mode, disable traction and stability control, hold the brake hard (I was testing in my driveway), and slowly pressed the gas pedal down watching boost and RPM, and it did not go into launch control and I got it up to 3000 RPM and 5 PSI boost before I let off the gas.
I am surprised that the brake lights work once the ignition is on, and that I can put it in gear with the fuse pulled. However it seems to override launch control and let me build boost.