kia stinger store

The new brake snip?

2021GT2

Landis NC
So heres how i did it and so far it works great. i took small gauge wire added 2 ferrules crimped and flattened with a hammer to fit in the fuse slot. 1 wire just has ferrule and a female connector plugged into toggle switch purchased from amazon. The other wire I have ferrule, soldered inline fuse holder, and then female connector. Switch in down position everything works as normal. Switch up breaks the circuit so ecu does not see you hitting brake letting you burnout/launch on boost. when i do a burnout at the track i just pull up, flip the switch, put in 1st gear, hit the gas breaking the tires loose for a couple secs, and release the brake. then flip the switch back to use launch control with my tcu tune. Ive done this twice so far no issues keeping an eye on trans temp(using JB4) on around 85 degree day it never got above 170 degrees. Now if the switch is left in the up position, you are unable to start and put the car in drive because again the ecu is not reading your foot on the brake. Only when the car is on and in drive can this switch be used. Im not sure if anyone else has done it this way but its how i did it and if anyone has, hows it working for you? other than the more wear and tear on components, im curious if this car can even handle doing a burnout every time im at the track 2 maybe 3 times a month. Because from what ive read thus far its the boosted launches that are breaking the trans but I could be wrong. Any input will be appreciated and helpful to say the least. TIA

Attachments

• 20211011_174507.jpg
    20211011_174507.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20211011_174518.jpg
    20211011_174518.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20211011_174539.jpg
    20211011_174539.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 28
  • fuse diagram.jpeg
    fuse diagram.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20211011_174608.jpg
    20211011_174608.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 26
  • 20211011_174615.jpg
    20211011_174615.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

AWDGT2

Us AWD guys are in a different situation unfortunately, but what you did was pretty slick.

2021GT2

Landis NC
Us AWD guys are in a different situation unfortunately, but what you did was pretty slick.
Thanks man. I figured it would be a different story for AWD. i could be wrong but i feel like i read somewhere AWD have a fuse to pull as well to make it RWD. not sure how that works exactly but maybe you need 2 switches instead of one? just a thought

AWDGT2

So yes, there is a fuse under the hood to make your car a RWD. A lot of guys pull it to hit the dyno because AWD dyno's are hard to find. What I did was almost the exact same thing as you but instead of a toggle, I used a normally closed push button switch. Basically the fuse is inline and always activated until you push the temporary button, then it opens. This way you can do a burnout on your rears to clean them. From there, unless you have a TCU tune, you still need the regular snip to build boost. It's a wiring nightmare but there are a few of us that pulled it off. BTW, the switch is just above the A/C seat button in the center of the console.

2021GT2

Landis NC
So yes, there is a fuse under the hood to make your car a RWD. A lot of guys pull it to hit the dyno because AWD dyno's are hard to find. What I did was almost the exact same thing as you but instead of a toggle, I used a normally closed push button switch. Basically the fuse is inline and always activated until you push the temporary button, then it opens. This way you can do a burnout on your rears to clean them. From there, unless you have a TCU tune, you still need the regular snip to build boost. It's a wiring nightmare but there are a few of us that pulled it off. BTW, the switch is just above the A/C seat button in the center of the console.
Ah ok. so im curious if this would still work for AWD as far as building boost on launch. surely you have the same fuse?

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

AWDGT2

As far as the AWD I believe it does. I'm about to abandon the snip though because my TCU tune will be here in about a day :)

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AWDGT2

My brother did a 'rwd' mod to an eagle talon way back. It melted his diff from to much power to the rear. Is our awd system electronicly actuated or something?
Yes, even down to the individual wheel because the AWD's don't have a LSD (Limited Slip Differential), everything is done electronically.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...