Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Sunroof Rattle Fix

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Kamauxx, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 2500 Posts Club!

Are you, I mean err "your friend" going through with it?

2. Siddharth

Siddharth United States New Member

Have creaking sounds emanating from above the rear view mirror where the headliner meets the windshield. Took it to the dealer and they brushed it off saying there is nothing they could do about it despite hearing complaints from other Stinger owners. Wasn't very impressed with their bull shit answers (Compared to a new unit and noise is 'NORMAL'!!!). I will give this a try and see if it fixes the issue.

• Like Like x 1
  3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

its a real issue , dealers are useless , write to Kia USA

4. WayCoolJr

WayCoolJr United States Member

He has no choice. The sunroof won't open at all, and when you try to close it, it doesn't close completely.

5. Siddharth

I am from Edmonton, Alberta. Not sure why it says I am from USA (lol). I lodged a complaint with Kia Canada today and I showed your post about replacing the sunroof frame to the service manager and he wasn't too interested. As you said they are absolutely worthless and looters at best. Thanks for posting your fix on this forum westcoastGT.

• Like Like x 2
  6. westcoastGT

Be polite and persistant , Kia Canada approved my fix , they should fix yours too !

7. WayCoolJr

WayCoolJr United States Member

In case anyone is following, my friend heard back from the dealer. They got the glass removed and are ordering cables for the sunroof. They said the cables were slipping not allowing the sunroof to raise up and move back. I still find it hard to believe the 4 small pieces of tape he used would have caused this. I wonder if it was just a bad coincidence or he really did mess it up?

8. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States 1000 Posts Club!

Is this particular dealer in the south, north, or west? I've dealt with one and have deemed them absolutely useless regarding these issues.

9. CeramicGT001

CeramicGT001 United States Active Member

So a few weeks back when you posted this, I went the tape route to try to combat the “passenger side sunroof ticking” that I had on every road condition. On the Passenger side only I put a piece of (thinner style) 3m tape cut to the dimensions of that “well” where the sunroof “foot” rests. It took awhile to get the piece to stick, used goo gone and other cleaning stuff on the surface and it finally stuck. I also peeled off the top red cover layer of the 3m tape and covered it in a equally sized piece of black electrical tape. So far it still is sticking and my sunroof has been quieter.

10. Siddharth

Its Kia West Edmonton. Absolutely useless and rude service advisors. One of the service advisors goes on to say that she has the same rattle noise in her 2010 Hyundai...

11. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States 1000 Posts Club!

Well don't bother with the south one either, I've dealt with the service manager and my complaint was considered normal because another new Stinger on the lot has the same rattles. Normal and acceptable quality are two different things. They were not motivated to do the work whatsoever. At least they weren't rude.

I've heard complaints of the north side dealer as well from others, so maybe Sherwood is our last hope?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Siddharth

That was exactly the same reason they gave me at the west end dealership. Did you file a complaint with Kia Canada? Apparently they are unaware of this issue since not many have complained to them. I would urge everyone having this issue to file a complaint with them so that they can investigate and issue a proper fix/recall.

13. westcoastGT

This was started over a year ago , they know about the issuen , my roof was about $7500

Draft saved Draft deleted