Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Stinger JB4 Pure Hybrid Turbo Testing

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Terry@BMS, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DarthVaderIX

DarthVaderIX United States Active Member

How exactly is this good news ? I don’t mean to be s party pooper but the HP is not impressive especially 26psi.. and yea, race gas and all kinds of meth to do it. Bla. The turbos need to be bigger..stop worrying about the grandpas crying about lag we need to keep the tq down. I really really want to live this car but damn man.

3. Angel

Angel United States 1000 Posts Club!

It’s not good news your right. It’s fantastic news!

I agree but it’s defenetely moving in the right direction. The numbers are decent but we need to see the results at the track.

4. DarthVaderIX

UPGRADED turbos and still under 550hp is not good news. Does it hold it for a lot longer rpm duration than guys getting close to that hp on stock turbos?

Ecu tune and jb4 all kinds of fuel bs and meth. So what is the set it and forget it e30 net you with these? 450hp. zzzzzZzzzzZZ.

Sounds like 6k$ well spent! Not.

Flame on

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Angel

Lol

We can at least agree it’s news.

There actually a lot more than 6k on that set up dude. I believe the hybrid alone are like 5k. Then acccount the money for meth, jb4, ecu tune, and so on. More like 10k.

6. DarthVaderIX

Sure, it’s news. There we agreed.

I know the prices, I’m just talking about the turbos alone. What a joke honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  7. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of Stinger Enthusiast

Does it mean that they expect to make 540whp with stock intake/exhaust??

8. brancky3

brancky3 United States Stinger Enthusiast

You have to realize the numbers are not on a dynojet branded dyno. Almost a 200 whp gain is what you need to focus on here - the baseline was only 299whp (on a dynojet that's typically 330whp). If he did run on a dynojet (assuming a baseline of 330whp) then this car would be closer to 520-540whp which is far and away the highest dyno without going big turbos. This hybrid setup will be ~70whp higher than most stock turbo setups.

I really wish we could see numbers on pump gas and no meth though - I sure as hell am not going to run 109 octane daily lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. DarthVaderIX

I get that but 70whp for 6k$? Lol

10. Angel

I understand were you are coming from.

If it makes you feel better, I know a guy that spent $1,000 bucks on the Borla muffler tips for the Stinger. Again there just some muffler tips.

I feel once there is more developed ecu tunes the numbers should get better. Its not all about numbers but hopefully the performance aka 1/4, 1/2 mile times.

11. brancky3

I don't know where $6k is coming from. The turbos are $3700 and then all you'll need is the ECU flash and piggyback if you want to mirror this setup. All other hardware is stock fitment. So you're paying $3700 extra (plus install if you're not capable) for 70whp, which doesn't seem like a GREAT deal to me but it's not that bad. Also we're saying 70whp but the numbers are also on race gas so I don't know...

Maybe once there's more competition in this space the turbos can be had for under $2k, who knows

• Like Like x 1
  12. xot1

What is the exact price? and what is the exact configuration of the car for the 540whp?

13. brancky3

The turbos are for sale on Pure's site for $3,795. If you don't send your turbos back as cores then you have to pay $2,200 extra.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States 1000 Posts Club!

@DarthVaderIX Not sure what you are upset with. Upgraded Turbos are the only thing getting you into the 550 HP arena hell even the 500+HP arena. Turbos are not cheap. Sure could they be around $1,200.00 for the pair i assume so but we dont have the aftermarket support to merit that. If you are the the only one or one of a very few people releasing a product you control the price. LAP3s turbo upgrade since it wont be a OE placement turbo upgrade is going to be 13K. IMO this upgrade is priced appropriately.

If you dont remember please try to think this car has been out for a little over a year. It takes time for new platforms to develop a big aftermarket base. Also, consider that the company that did these have a great reputation in all markets they work in.

You may not think 70-90 HP would be worth it for the price, but this is the ONLY way to get to that much power in our platform.

I paid 37K for My Stinger GT throw in these or similar Turbo Upgrades and ECU tune and im about 14K (in performance upgrades only) making this a potential to be LOW 50K car with 550 HP and 600 FT TQ brand new. Dont know where else you can get that value

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 11:53 AM
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. WillieP82

WillieP82 United States Member

Why does everyone say LAP3 will have a 13k big turbo setup???? You realize it's only about $3k for the turbo upgrade for every other platform so just double it and it's 6k. I can see 8k at the most.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. DaBears4Lyfe

I think you asked this before if not i apologize. Their turbo upgrade is not an OE replacement it will require a new manifold new dumps new intakes new intercooler all becuase it doesnt fit in the same OE placements.

Here was the price break down i received from David Chung from Lap3:

~13K including:
    (1) Intercooler
    (1) Meth
    (2) Turbos
    (2) manifold
    (2) wastegate &
    (2) dump pipe
    (2) EBC Intakes
    TCU Tune 7200RPM Unlock
    ECU tune

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. WillieP82

WillieP82 United States Member

Thanks, don't remember seeing that.

18. xot1

It is closer to 13k than to 8k, from what I have heard offline.
    How does this compare to the solution using pure turbos? could we get a similar breakdown of costs?

19. DaBears4Lyfe

Pure Turbo and VTT are doing OE replacements so they drop into the same spot. All you need is the turbos and tune for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. brancky3

I still don't see how that can possibly add up to $13k, but if that's what they want then that's what they want.

Draft saved Draft deleted