kia stinger store

RWD/AWD

adauria

Seems like you got this figured out, but my RWD 2022 GT1 has an E5 in the VIN, so your agent is wrong.

-Andrew

DonD

Yea!!!! Called the dealer and my car was sitting on the car transporter and I get it tomorrow!

Have McGard locking lugs and a car cover waiting for it. It will be garaged all the time, just keeps dust and junk off of it.

Time for some waxing and babying of the new one. Don

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

DonD

Got the car on the 13th and I absolutely LOVE the car.

Although I am abiding by the manual's break in guidance, it's amazing how quickly and how hard it pulls with minor throttle.

QC looks very good, haven't found a thing to complain about other than the obtrusive nanny electronics, most of which I wish weren't there.

I can get rid of Auto Hold, the Circle A or whatever and ISG (Idle Stop and Go) which I think is really lame. It simply can't be good for the engine to repeatedly shut off and restart and I think the gas it saves is relatively meaningless unless you get stuck in sick traffic like LA, Seattle, Chicago etc.

The car we drove at the dealer didn't seem to have the most potent air conditioning. This one works very well, maybe the demo car needed some refrigerant?

Wife is a cold body in the winter and the seat heater REALLY works and works fast.

So from a driver's perspective, I couldn't be happier. Don

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Auto Hold is actually very useful and I always have it ON. ISG (Idle Stop and Go) is a waste and in heavy traffic it will stop working when you want it too (parameters not met). I always turn it OFF first thing after starting. The nannies can be turned off in preferences.

Grump

Ontario, Canada
AWD definitely does not help in cornering. It does help in launches and putting power down.

Check out "torque vectoring", it totally helps, and AWD stingers have this. It applies negative torque to the inside wheels on corner entry, and more torque to the outside wheels on corner exit.

Here's the engineering explained on it;

vipeboy2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Middle Tennessee
Check out "torque vectoring", it totally helps, and AWD stingers have this. It applies negative torque to the inside wheels on corner entry, and more torque to the outside wheels on corner exit.

Here's the engineering explained on it;
But the stinger doesn't have electric or active differentials in awds the gts and indigo do have a mechanical limited slip but it still can't actively push power to the outside wheel, the stingers system is still brake based where it just brakes the inner wheel allowing for power to be routed out to the outer .. it helps but it isn't like sh awd or other true torque vectoring diffs