Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Remote Start!

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Technology Discussion' started by ihatecats78, Jan 10, 2018.

1. TomLasswell

TomLasswell United States Newish Member

Yeah, count me in on that. :D though wish there was a cellular module y'all were thinking on adding. Either way, I'm in. Gimmie gimmie.

2. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Active Member

So any ETA on availability?

3. Never thought

Never thought United States 1000 Posts Club!

Do you have to turn the car off, after remotely starting it, and then back on to actually drive it? Or does the OE remote start allow you to get in and drive off?

4. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

When you open any door (even the hatch) it shuts off, then you have to restart it.

Not sure, actually, if it shuts off when you open the door, or just unlock it. I never take the remote out of my pocket so I am pressing the door handle button to unlock. I can try that if I remember, but the point is, you can't get in without the engine shutting off.

5. Never thought

Never thought United States 1000 Posts Club!

I hate that. No bueno. Seems like ever system does that but for this u it from K8. But I am not paying a shop $500-$800 to install it.

6. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

It's really not too much of issue for me. Like ISG (Idle Stop and Go), the engine fires back up so effortlessly, I really don't mind.

I fully understand it is for others. I wanted remote start for three reasons - in winter, to get some of the chill out of the cabin, and to get a head start on warming the engine just a little; and in our baking summers, to cool the cabin so I can at least breathe when I get in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fastestneon

fastestneon United States New Member

Firmware is now out for idatalink systems... If you get a compustar system with a blade interface you will be able to keep the motor running after its remote started.. You will end up paying A LOT more then that adapter that is about to be released but you will also be able to add there app based controller (even more money).. Since remote starts and audio installs is what I do for a living I might be installing this soon to see if it actually works flawlessly. But the automatic proximity lock and unlock when walking away from car with the Kia store module offers sounds even better, kinda hard choice now lol

I would love to see the wire diagram of the one Kia store is about to release to compare though..

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. pdmit

pdmit Australia Member

Hi I'm in Melb know anybody who would be competent to install this he could proberly get quite a few Melb cars lining up to have it d one

9. Terra

Terra Australia Active Member

If I go ahead with it, I would be using Phat Audio in Melbourne.

10. pdmit

pdmit Australia Member

I'll check them out it would be good to get the install instructions to get them to have a look to see what's involved

11. djjerrymcgee

djjerrymcgee United States Newish Member

Can you get any more info datalink firmware? I've reached out to Compustar and they are still saying not compatible yet. I have the EUR OEM remote start installed, dying to my compustar drone mobile back

12. RickySpanish

RickySpanish United States Member

So my remote start no longer works in my car. I put sound deadening in my hatch and properly disconnected everything and installed everything as it should be(100% certain nothing was grounded) and now the remote starter won’t work. I was at the dealership for 3 hours today and no one seems to be able to figure it out and they even called tech support and they don’t have answers either

13. fastestneon

fastestneon United States New Member

Technically the software isn't from compustar it is from idatalink.
    Go to www*idatalink*com
    It wouldn't let me post a link so the * = .
    lol

14. NoVAGT2

NoVAGT2 United States Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: