Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Quality problems

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by James Hamilton, Jun 17, 2018.

1. StingerDog18

StingerDog18 Australia Member

2. StingerDog18

3. StingerDog18

4. James Hamilton

James Hamilton Australia Newish Member

Wise words

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. StingerDog18

Hey guys!,, I have to say that my GT has just under 6000k on the clock and is only just under 5 months old and I have already got issues with The Sunroof which began creaking at around 2500k. I have taken it back to dealership & they have recognized there is a Problem . The only thing I'm concerned about is that they have to take roof liner off to TRY & fix it ? Which I'm not keen about. I have postponed twice to take it in because I believe they will do more harm then good !. I have it re-shedualed for a months time but now i too have noticed some quality issues regarding creaking from within the cabin ie; doors & centre console. Also noticing some whining sound which appears to be from the either the transmission or engine? This is even more evident when in Sport Mode?..I really love this car but I am beginning to get very upset & disappointed I with it all at the same time!.. Its beginning to feel like a Love Hate Relationship.. I don't know what to do?.. Anyone? Please?

6. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

If you don’t let the dealer tackle the problems, they’re never going to get fixed. Talk to them about your concerns regarding the trim removal and the other items of concern but ultimately they are never going to be resolved if you don’t let them get started on it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. James Hamilton

Seems to be more and more quality issues appearing. Kia recently had the biggest drop in customer satisfaction out of the top 10 brands - not a good sign. Good luck.

8. StingerDog18

9. StingerDog18

You are right,, I have already aired my concerns to the head service tech and he assured me that all care would be taken and that everything would go back into place correctly? Apparently they have had 1 known issue with sunroof creaking & rattle. This issue has been in the process of getting rectified?? When I asked if there was anyway of finding out whether or not it got resolved the head service tech couldn't give me a definite answer because he was not able to find out details until it was confirmed by kia?.. I have a month to decide!..

• Like Like x 1
  10. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

You’ve got the ball rolling so that’s good. Make sure you make a pest of yourself to the Service Manager also. Things are more likely to get resolved to your satisfaction if they are aware that you have definite views on what you consider to be an acceptable outcome. Have a look through this forum also. Sunroof problems aren’t common but aren’t unknown either. Off the top of my head I think all sunroof issues have been resolved. I think WestcoastGT got his replaced by KIA.

11. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

It's simple disappointment. It always sucks. If you are one of the many, many fortunate who don't have anything material to complain about, then a simple imperfection you can live with, you fix it and move on. If your wonderful car starts to indicate "quality problems", one following/overlapping another, then what can you possibly feel but disappointment and eventually anger? Sure, take it in for each and every item that heads south: get them all fixed: and the process will still leave anyone feeling aggrieved because THEIR CAR isn't behaving as advertised. Kia headquarters needs to know everything about every individual car that does not measure up to Kia hype. Period. Hopefully, Kia Corp wants those relatively few disgruntled owners to give Kia Corp the thumbs up: perhaps Kia Corp will provide goodwill gestures like they have done with Sunset Yellow owners.

I too, wish that every car could be virtually flawless. Happy people make it easier for me to be happy.

13. CaliSting

CaliSting United States Stinger Enthusiast

LOL! In addition to out of round rotors now fixed out of warranty, hatch rattle ...not fixed by dealer, rattling sunroof. ...not fixed by dealer, loose undertray that came loose while driving on way back from dealer and destroyed, stereo resetting to rear speakers, paint defects, ....Now my car is being recalled for wiring harness issues. Seeing this is pretty widespread issue. My car was Nov 17 build. Truly one of worst new car experiences I have had over past 25 new cars I have purchased over decades. I’m hanging in there but man quality on their builds is just awful.

Really seems like Kia is having tough time with bigger more complex luxury cars.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  14. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

My trunk had the rattle which I now believe has been fixed , the sunroof creaking noise is the major issue and I have an appt tomorrow at 9am to get the sun roof assembly completely replaced ( not the glass ) .................I'll keep you posted . The only thing I reco is forego too much effort at the Dealer and spend your time on KIA AUS , they will put the pressure on Kia Corp and your dealer .......

15. James Hamilton

Unfort the dealer experience is not what it used to be

16. outdoormjd

outdoormjd United States New Member

I’ve got both of those issues, and the rattling heads up display. I’m going to hit the dealer next week and push to get them resolved. I wish you luck

17. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

My roof was replaced and the whole car is quiet , I think its the root cause of a few issues , doing the extra ewashers on the hatch eliminated that problem too ! good luck

18. StingerDog18

HEY ALL, .. I totally agree I've had my GT Stinger for almost 6 months & 6000km on the clock have to say what a great looking car & great performane BUT,, ,, Starting to hear a few creaks & Rattles, not to mention some weird whiring sound coming from God knows where? maybe transmission or somewhere else?. The biggest I have at the moment is that the sunroof is constantly creaking & rattling when driving over certain bumps on the and if is worse when the car has been sitting outside in the heat. Can't believe this when u drop $60,000 for a Kia I guess it's what i deserve?. This car is meant to be a step up in the right direction for Kia but looks like they might have dropped the ball when it comes to refinement. Big brother Hyundai is still way ahead. I'm really disappointed! I have it booked in to have this issue rectified but not holding my breath. They have to take out the whole roof lining and possibly the Sunroof too.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  19. James Hamilton

Yep unfortunately they have had to cut corners to get it at this price point.

20. StingerDog18

Still not good enough... I'm really concerned about taking it as they will probably damage other things like the interior? but I have to do it, it's really bad at the moment especially when the car is hot. I think the rubber seals around the sunroof get really soft & therefore creates more movement, after I got back home today I had the car in the garage then took it out for a spin & the rattling reduced by a lot?.

21. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

Draft saved Draft deleted