Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

OIL CATCH CANS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!!

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Sales@Tork, May 30, 2018.

1. Hojae84

Hojae84 United States Active Member

Thanks for the reply.
    Can you pls provide some details on using the drain valves when you have a chance?
    I see you can push and twist to keep the drain valve open. Is this correct?
    And does the oil dribble out the middle of the valve?
    Given the position of the catch cans, I'm guessing it must be removed to drain?
    Pls confirm
    Thank you

2. Sales@Tork

Sales@Tork United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sales@Tork

4. StingerNYC

StingerNYC United States Active Member

I installed these a few days ago. The install video was super helpful. A few things though. The fitment was not great. I had to drill the hole a lot wider on the pcv side.
    20180713_202650.jpg
    IMG_20180724_192958-3648x2736.jpg
    On the breather side the breather filter nearly touches the clamp on the k&n intake tube and the catch can itself does touch the other rubber tubing.

IMG_20180724_192949-3648x2736.jpg
    IMG_20180724_192952-3648x2736.jpg
    IMG_20180724_193015-3648x2736.jpg

Ill check the cans for oil in a month.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  5. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

looks good. Keep us posted on your findings.

6. Angel

Angel United States Stinger Enthusiast

Just curious I am debating to purchase, would you recommend and are the fitment issues that bad...any other fitment issues...

7. Volvowith18psi

Volvowith18psi United States Active Member

Just because I'm curious, why is there a breather on a pressurized line?

Edit: NVM, noticed that was the intake side. Sorry.

8. StingerNYC

Only the fitment issues pictured.

Dumping the cans out might be a 20 minute job. I just need to determine if it can go the full time between oil changes before dumping.

9. Hojae84

Did u use both of the nuts on the intake side? Or just 1?

10. StingerNYC

Just 1. I needed to move it more than 2 nuts allowed. The k&n intake made things tight.

11. Hojae84

Ok was just curious. I have 1 at the moment. Recently installed tork intakes so will get around to adding the 2nd nut. Clearance is pretty tight

12. Sales@Tork

• Like Like x 1
  13. Original Poster

Original Poster United States Member

Based on your previous comments in this thread I find it much more likely that you are trying to make sure the product gets nit picked than you are actually interested in purchasing.

14. RVance

RVance United States Active Member Sustaining Member

It's nice to have an involved vendor do the R&D and post changes and videos to help the customers. Cuz if you buy a cheapo set-up off a generic supplier, you know it's going to be catch-as-catch-can.

15. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

OK, get back on topic..

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hojae84

Nice yes thread is back to topic! And clean.
    Anyway
    I put both catch cans ~ july 7th.
    Doing oil change tmr. Will be interesting to see if any oil comes out from the drain valves. I am running stock w intakes. No tune so may not have any oil in catch cans. Will post tmr w findings

• Like Like x 2
  17. Hojae84

Ok. Since I recently added Tork intakes decided to add the 2nd nut holding the intake OCC. More for peace of mind on my end (I do worry about Murphy's law) and I'm ocd. The occ is real close to the crank when using just 1 nut for the stock intake setup. That being said, its sturdy and wont move. Drove 1000+ miles on some bad potholes roads and highways w the 1 nut stock intake setup and no issues at all. OCC wont budge its solid.
    [One thing I do think could be tweaked (and should be easy tweak on torks end for the mounting bracket)is the mounting hole position on the intake occ. The occ should sit a bit higher up, maybe 1/4 or 1/2 inch higher. That would be perfect, it wont sit on the rubber hose. no idea if the oem intake hose would still reach if its a little higher up though if people still use the stock intake hose as shown in the video vs the breather filter & capped intake as i did.] edit i took a closer look and raising it may cause the occ to hit the plastic engine cover. so nevermind unless some dont mind cutting a bit off the plastic cover.
    The drain valve sits on a rubber hose and to push the drain valve in, I need to push the rubber hose down first since it sits real tight on top of it.
    I do like the look and sturdiness of it. I like the product and quite frankly was expecting and prepared for minor fitment issues given how new the stinger is. I give it a thumbs up.
    it's a pretty awesome OEM looking OCC.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Sales@Tork

• Like Like x 2
  19. PA_RN

PA_RN United States Member

About how long did it take people to receive the cans after ordering? Also, does anyone know if these will fit with the Stillen intake?

20. Hojae84

Shipping was quick just a few days but prob depends if they have in stock.
    No idea if it fits w stillen but looking at pictures online i think it should fit ok. but im not 100% sure
    the pic below is my car - the plastic tubing i circled in red is what i think could cause fitment issues. with oem is really tight and use just 1 nut for intake side, i later got tork intakes so i was able to shift that tubing a little more to get the occ further away from the crank
    also added pic of stillen i found online - looks like there should be enough space.... any idea if that plastic hose circled gets replaced w the stillen intakes?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted