Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Oil Catch Can?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by Eugene Onegin, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Paul @ K8 Stinger Store United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

I need to check but instructions for the Optima should not be included in the 3.3 version of the kit for the Stinger. I'll have this corrected so there isnt any confusion in the future!

Thank you for your feedback on this matter, sometimes manufacturers arent as quick as other to get instructions out there for the novice enthusiasts. I apologize for the delay on it and we hope to have something soon for everyone to follow!

2. jaccfrost

jaccfrost United States Member

If thats the case, the v3.3 should be taken down from the site

3. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

But this product works for the Stinger... There is no problem

The thing is we know what we are sell, the manufacturer is working to get instructions created for those customers that DONT KNOW what they are doing when they install it. Big difference there

Last edited: May 16, 2018 at 8:07 PM
  4. Daniel M

Daniel M United States Newish Member

I can appreciate that however putting instructions into a box for a product for a different vehicle should not be done. Also on those instructions there is nothing that states its actually for an Optima. The DIY that was attempted is to instruct is simply instructing peeople to do it the wrong way. There is no disclaimer or anything. Those instructions say to cap a hose. The best thing to do is remove those instructions entirely. It creates an instruction that simply is not correct. There is no label or anything that states "This is for an Optima not a Stinger" People can and will mis-construe those instructions and try to "cap" something. Again my opinion but an instruction is for how to install that item onto a specific application. If they are not correct, simply state there is no instructions for this product on this vehicle. Again my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Daniel M

My question is how do you know it works for a Stinger? When ADDW1 doesnt even know how to install it on there? Nor can they tell you how to install it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

I’m not sure how familiar you are with catch cans but these are a universal product (work on any car), what makes it specific is the instructions because each motors design is different (PCV and intake ports in different spots). Also OCC mounting points are different as well.

I think you’re confusing ADD W1 not having an instruction guide for the Stinger yet, to them not knowing how to install it. Again this is a universal application that works on more than just a Stinger, Optima, Kia, Hyundai, ect. Normally products like this DO NOT have an install guide but because we sell specifically for the Optima and Stinger we want to make the install process easy for those unfamiliar with installing and using this.

I hope this makes sense

7. Rango

Rango United States Active Member

Hopefully the installation instructions will be for the 2 can setup.

8. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Yes! Looks like a customer has already done a write up/video for the (2) single inlet OCC's.

The write up will be for the Stinger on the 3.3 version dual inlet cans.

Also, the website verbiage has been changed to indicate that a DIY is soon to come for the Add W1 3.3 version for the Stinger!

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. mhal8876

mhal8876 United States Active Member

Do you guys did the CC bracket for the Stingers?

10. mhal8876

Do you guys did the CC bracket for the Stingers? been waiting for that.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Active Member

Dont think anyone has a custom bracket yet.

I went to Home Depot and purchased a 2in by 2in L bracket...worked great. Had to "extend" one of the pre-drilled holes in the bracket just slightly to match up to the bracket on the OCC. Used a dremel...not a big deal at all. Then drilled a few holes into the black plastic brace cover on the PAX side and voila...done. Used a few hose adapters to make all the connections line up. Had to use an "elbow" on hose going back to the intake manifold since the tubing was bending a bit to much for my liking.

Otherwise a single can setup is pretty easy. PCV at bottom of engine goes to inlet, and outlet goes to fitting on top of engine at intake manifold. If want to run a dual can OCC then PCV at bottom to OCC1 Inlet, OCC1 Outlet to OCC2 Inlet, OCC2 outlet to fitting on top of engine at intake manifold. This puts two cans in series on the PCV.

OR can use second can on breather side as shown above. I dont imagine much crud from breather side. Looking forward to see what folks with that install say with how much stuff if in the OCC compared to the PCV side.

12. Daniel M

I understand universal means works on different platforms, however, it has not been tested to work on a Stinger how do we know this "universal" part works? Simply because it states its universal? To assume universal means it will work on a Stinger is a scary assumption. If it hasn't been tested or proven to work on a Stinger, any part universal or not needs to show it has been tested and works properly.

Not trying to argue but my belief is universal or not, if it hasn't been tested on a Stinger than it cant be seen as working on it. Also has this unit been tested on a twin turbo model of anything? I cant find any twin turbo models that are running this set up. As the Stinger has 2 outlets and 2 inlets, not sure how a oil can can work with 2 inlets and 1 outlet.

I hope I am wrong and this unit will work however until proven that it does, Ill stick with the 2 can set up.

13. Paul @ K8 Stinger Store

Yes! We had a customer come in for a test fit, measurements and everything were done and the brackets are in production currently. We are just waiting on the final product!

• Like Like x 3
  14. mhal8876

Awesome! cause I want to do this OCC and instructions for the Stingers.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dustin

Dustin United States Active Member

Ok guys I made a short simple video of the ADD W1 3.3 oil catch can install. The kit from K8 does not come with clear instructions and the threaded fitting for the inlets and outlet should come with O-rings but does not. Also be sure to check the tightness of the little allen heads around the top of the can, mine were not tight. Kinda disappointed in this cans quality for the price.

Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 10:30 PM
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Dustin

Just posted a video.

17. jaccfrost

jaccfrost United States Member

Lots of stuff blocked off. BO hoses removed!! No check engine light/Systems operation errors??

18. Dustin

Nope! Runs great

19. Daniel M

Thank you for sharing the video. I have a question though, you have no hose coming from the can going back into the driver side turbo?

20. Dustin

No. Both breather lines go into the catch can then into the intake. I just plugged the breather port on the intake with a rubber vacuum cap.

Draft saved Draft deleted