Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Never had a car that turned so many heads.

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Ulikefishsticks, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Ha! At least you can catch it in action!

2. StingerLover

StingerLover United States Active Member

Out picking up food and notice two gentleman (one with his toddler, the other with his sport bike) standing around my Stinger in the parking lot. I went out and talked to them. "How is this a Kia?!" they asked. I played Kia marketer and sold it harder than they do (unfortunately). A year and a half later, and people are still shocked to learn what it is.
    15731668229303647653385792140257.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Fredman

Fredman United States Member

Turned the head of a State patrol last week. :eek:
    After stopping me he walks up to my re-badged car, tells me what my speed was and ask what kind of car is this?
    I tell him its a Kia stinger, hand him my Information and he goes back to his car.
    Then he returns five minutes later, hands me my license and says good night!
    I honestly want to say this unique car is the reason I don’t have the ticket, but I’m not sure and not going to test that theory! o_O
    Fortunately I don’t have to go back to that job site.
    He turned me into that guy in the sports car going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit with everyone else is passing him. LOL!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Wow, and I though that portholes went away with the Thunderbird. I must have missed the double porthole option on the option sheet ... :p

View attachment 33680

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. StingerLover

That reflection was a precision install. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. P22Tyler

P22Tyler United States Member

Had a guy stop me outside of a grocery store and start asking me tons of questions about my Stinger. He said he wanted to test drive one and I strongly encouraged that he do so. It was freezing and he finally realized that and said "Oh I'm sorry it's cold I'll let you guys go do your shopping, thanks for the chat" my wife was happy because I had forgotten it was cold when the chance to talk about my car arose and would have continued as long as he wanted:D.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member

How often does your spouses roll their eyes back into the head when the next talker arrives? :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. StingerLover

Every. Time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

Interesting coincidence: this has happened to me four times: twice for being a bit extra legal in speed, once for passing a cop (who was already going the speed limit) and once for running a stop sign: all four, warnings only:thumbup::whistle:. Only one has asked me about the Stinger. But I suspect that in each case they wanted a closer look at the car. I think that there might be a middle-aged component working here as well. But, don't push it! (your luck, that is :laugh: )

• Like Like x 2
  10. Silverfox

Silverfox United Kingdom Member

Three in one day:

1. I had a slow puncture so went to a tyre place to get it fixed. The job took about 3 times longer that it should because the mechanic kept asking question about the car, looking inside, outside, etc.

2. 2 hours later went to get the car washed (hand wash) and the two guys were asking tons of questions: what is it?, never seen one before, how much, how fast, etc. etc.

3. About 5 hours later went to pick up a take-away. It was a lot of food so the guy in the restaurant carried it out for me in a box. As we approached the car he says “Wow, nice car, what is it”, then a tour around and a chat.

So, I’ve spent a good deal of the day talking to strangers about the car, got a puncture fixed, clean car and a take-away that I had to explain why it was cold when I got home!

Average Stinger-owner day?

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. P22Tyler

Mine has come to expect it. She knew what she was getting into when she married me.

12. Yeah, yesterday was funny for me.

1st, I dropped my daughter off at drivers training and the instructor fell in love with my car. She was talking to me about it and then was later telling my daughter how sweet my car was and asking what I did for a living to own such a nice car.

Then, after dropping her off I went to our local party store for some weekend beverages. The lady behind the counter saw my car pull up on the security cam and asked if I was the one that pulled up in it. She had to go out and check it out.

I like the attention that it gets :)

• Like Like x 5
  13. Capecod

Capecod United States Active Member

Was asked yesterday if it was the new Camry:)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. P22Tyler

And how hard did you slap this person?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

How much faster than the speed limit were you driving Merlin?

16. Capecod

Capecod United States Active Member

ha ha ...After looking at it closer he said it looks like a Maserati :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Nasscar

Nasscar Australia Stinger Enthusiast

That's better. :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. JAI-STINGER

JAI-STINGER United States Member

I'm just over all the Honda Civics that pull up beside me and immediately want to race. I decided to entertain someone yesterday and apparently he didn't know what he was up against. All I could see was him lift up his sunglasses in my rear view mirror to see what type of car it was! I grinned from ear to ear!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

15 over the first time; nine over the second: that time, the cop walked up behind my car and stood there for what felt like a full minute before walking up to my window; he was definitely scoping out the new car. :)

20. Frenchy_418

Frenchy_418 Canada Member

The stinger turn heads but this one car I had before was making people looked puzzled! 2859192088_ea544df98e_b.jpg

Prince motors Pulsar GTIR rhd(Nissan)

• Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted