• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Stinger drivers... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Never had a car that turned so many heads.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

Revvdmedia

1000 Posts Club!
Canada
You guys are whining about the Stinger horn. The Optima's (the 2011-15 variants) had an even more pathetic horn. If I still had that car, I would've swapped it for a Sickspeed horn or something else. That being said, I'd love to put in an airhorn on my Stinger...I'm not gonna mess around. :p

I had a 2012 Sportage, same thing, super pathetic embarrassing horn. After the first time I pressed it, I immediately stopped by the local auto parts store and bought something with a little more authority.

Ulikefishsticks

I owned a Kia Forte a few years back that had been modified with a loud ass semi horn. It was fun but the electrical work done to it was horrible because I always had electrical issues. I don't think I ever want to mess with any wiring in the stinger, however I think next spring I will be looking into getting a race chip or JB4. Just not looking forward to changing out the spark plugs. Might have someone professionally do it.

Bigbikes

Melbourne Victoria
I owned a murdered out black 300C SRT8 with 22" wheels that was on the end of a few admiring glances and "Nice car, mister!" from kids. I've owned the Stinger for under 2 weeks and had some old fella at the wheel place asking if he could sit inside, the service station attendant giving me a thumbs up as I entered to pay for fuel and the food delivery guy not making it to the door because he was standing taking pics on his phone. I have the feeling I'll be getting stopped and asked about it as much as I did when I owned a Triumph motorcycle, just wish more women would come up to me, lol...

View attachment 32854 View attachment 32855
I'm always getting head turns, hey what make is that etc...just this weekend l had guy in late model jag and some older guys riding bikes at servo checking it out :) makes me smile as you drive off..you don't get those looks in CLA BENZ :p

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Flameangel

2500 Posts Club!
Geelong, Victoria
About half hour ago, returning to my car from an appointment.A guy was waiting diagonally opposite to ask me about the car.
As I was approaching the car he called out " is that your car ? " we had a nice chat, he asked what was it and seemed surprised it was a Kia.
He thought it was really nice, liked the colour and my plates too. He was sitting in a Silver Holden Commodore. I advised him, now the Falcons and Commodores have gone people are jumping out of those and into Stingers. I told him it was a V6 twin turbo, he looked to be late twenties/ thirties, he was suitably impressed, perhaps I helped convert someone.;)

Daniel @ K8 Stinger Store

Authorized Vendor
Hey Ulikefishsticks,

Congrats on picking up an awesome micro blue gt2! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Stinger and getting the full experience. It sounds like you are off to a great start with making it your own. I saw you were looking for some other modifications such as exhaust. You should check out our store www.k8stingerstore.com. We are currently running a KDM flash sale within our Ark product collection. If you see anything you are interested in on our site shoot me a message and I would be glad to help you out with a discount as well. It's so great to hear experiences such as yours with the Stinger and I hope they continue to be part of your GT journey.

- Daniel

Ulikefishsticks

Hey Ulikefishsticks,

Congrats on picking up an awesome micro blue gt2! Glad to hear you are enjoying your Stinger and getting the full experience. It sounds like you are off to a great start with making it your own. I saw you were looking for some other modifications such as exhaust. You should check out our store www.k8stingerstore.com. We are currently running a KDM flash sale within our Ark product collection. If you see anything you are interested in on our site shoot me a message and I would be glad to help you out with a discount as well. It's so great to hear experiences such as yours with the Stinger and I hope they continue to be part of your GT journey.

- Daniel

Oh I have been on the site often. I have bought a few small visual upgrades from there and I will be going there in the future for any big upgrades. Looking at exhaust, CAI, maybe suspension mods to improve the ride and eradicate that rear hop.

KAS

Adelaide, Australia
Silky Silver slides by unnoticed. Most of the time. I average one interested commentator/questioner every couple of months.

I picked up my Silky Silver 6 weeks ago and I've had two strangers approach me in carparks wanting to know about the car, some stranger walking past my house walk up my driveway to ask about it, the (lady) postie and two courier drivers ask about it. Plus, of course, colleagues and friends ask about it too.

I've had three people ask if it's a Maserati. :rofl:

ShannonC

2500 Posts Club!
I picked up my Silky Silver 6 weeks ago and I've had two strangers approach me in carparks wanting to know about the car, some stranger walking past my house walk up my driveway to ask about it, the (lady) postie and two courier drivers ask about it. Plus, of course, colleagues and friends ask about it too.

Get used to it! :)

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

ShannonC

2500 Posts Club!
It's a what!
20191023_211119.jpg

Nasscar

2500 Posts Club!
Perth, Western Australia
About half hour ago, returning to my car from an appointment.A guy was waiting diagonally opposite to ask me about the car.
As I was approaching the car he called out " is that your car ? " we had a nice chat, he asked what was it and seemed surprised it was a Kia.
He thought it was really nice, liked the colour and my plates too. He was sitting in a Silver Holden Commodore. I advised him, now the Falcons and Commodores have gone people are jumping out of those and into Stingers. I told him it was a V6 twin turbo, he looked to be late twenties/ thirties, he was suitably impressed, perhaps I helped convert someone.;)
Maybe he was chatting you up Flame.;)

Jacques

STL Stinger Club
Saint Charles, MO

Yup, have gotten that question before if it was a Maserati, and that was before I even rebadged the rear to put the large Stinger badge. :) I've had people walking dogs commenting about mine while it's sitting on the driveway, a group of people walking around it at a park, random people at the gas station, thumbs up's from bus drivers. I even got pulled over the other night, not for speeding, but I was driving "suspiciously" because I was dropping off my wife's gf's after a Ladies Night at the bars (I was the DD). One of the officers slowly walked along the passenger side of my car and backed away to look at it more, didn't bother to look at the front (no plate), or my drunk wife on the front passenger seat. :laugh:

The only detraction I had was when a stranger mistook my Stinger for an Optima. :rolleyes: Nothing against Optimas (sharp looking to me, and I owned one before the Stinger), but they look distinctly different!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Not unreasonable. Especially since the Maserati of the 70s and 80s was the vintage inspiration for the retro Stinger.
IMG_20181010_165330.jpg

Gargamel

Stinger Enthusiast
Sweden
Yup, have gotten that question before if it was a Maserati, and that was before I even rebadged the rear to put the large Stinger badge. :) I've had people walking dogs commenting about mine while it's sitting on the driveway, a group of people walking around it at a park, random people at the gas station, thumbs up's from bus drivers. I even got pulled over the other night, not for speeding, but I was driving "suspiciously" because I was dropping off my wife's gf's after a Ladies Night at the bars (I was the DD). One of the officers slowly walked along the passenger side of my car and backed away to look at it more, didn't bother to look at the front (no plate), or my drunk wife on the front passenger seat. :laugh:

The only detraction I had was when a stranger mistook my Stinger for an Optima. :rolleyes: Nothing against Optimas (sharp looking to me, and I owned one before the Stinger), but they look distinctly different!
When i saw a brand new proceed in the kia dealer (indoor) lot, i thought first it was the new stinger when looked at it from behind.

Capecod

Had some guy in a really nice BMW coupe pull up next to me on the HW last night, wave and give me the thumbs up

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jones

Newish Member
Silky Silver slides by unnoticed. Most of the time. I average one interested commentator/questioner every couple of months.
I have a ceramic silver GT1 with red interior. I get a lot of compliments on the body style and the color. I like the ceramic silver color because I believe it shows off the features better than the darker colors. But don't get me wrong the , blue is a nice color.

Fredman

Minnesota
I waited for a week to get ceramic silver because I am actually a low-key guy that does not appreciate a lot of attention.
(Then I get a stinger! :laugh::laugh:!!)
I honestly fell in love with these cars because of their overall mechanical design —But I have to admit I do love the exterior styling.
I thought I’m OK with silver and it will kind of blend in with the million other silver sedans in my area.
Kia could not find the ceramic silver with the GT1 package so I ended up with pearl white which I also liked and figured it’s next best low-key “not in your face” color.
Well, I figured wrong.
I don’t know if it’s the contrast of the black body panels to the white paint or what but it’s been five months and this car turns heads EVERY SINGLE DAY!
No exaggeration. Its really gotten to the point where I almost have to look over from time to time just to verify that feeling that I am being watched again and every time its like :cautious: Yup!
LOL!

Guilty pleasure of mine is whenever I go out to a restaurant for example, I'll park the car intentionally within line of sight of where I'd likely sit. That way I can watch people look at my Stinger. I've watched people blatantly pull up to my vehicle, stop, look, and keep driving.

namja

Stinger Enthusiast
Lynnwood, WA
Guilty pleasure of mine is whenever I go out to a restaurant for example, I'll park the car intentionally within line of sight of where I'd likely sit. That way I can watch people look at my Stinger. I've watched people blatantly pull up to my vehicle, stop, look, and keep driving.

That'd make me paranoid, thinking someone may stupidly attempt to break into my car.