• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

MY21 Aussie Release Date

smillie

Auckland NZ
Hyundai Glovis is a logistics company which is part of the Hyundai Kia Automotive Group. Their ships are under the name "Glovis"

You then have to search through 55 Glovis ships that are being used around the world to rule out any ships that aren't a vehicles carrier. This brings it down to 13 vehicle carriers under the name Glovis.

Once they've been identified, you look at the ports they've been to and their next destinations etc. The Glovis Condor has been to Ulsan (it's next destination after being to Australia) before, and when you zoom onto Ulsan you can see a holding yard for cars. If the Condor leaves Ulsan and follows roughly the same route/goes to the same ports again, then it's most likely coming back down to Australia with our cars on it. The Glovis Condor is the only one that has done the Australian run recently and sails under the flag of Korea - where our cars come from.

Great feedback, thanks for that. Had a look at the website but didn't know about the Hyundai Glovis information.
I'll have another better informed look now. Thanks again.

JoeStinger

Hi All,

New member here in the market for a new MY21 KIA stinger. Ceramic Grey with Red interior (Like everyone else lol). I am trying to find a good deal. Can you please help me with your contracts to use as bargaining power with the dealers? Really appreciate it :) Joe

JoeStinger

Great news everyone.

I've just got a MY21 Stinger GT in Micro Blue for $62,000 drive away! Thank you to those couple of users on this forum providing help/tips and their contracts.

Stoked is an understatement. Delivery is Mid Feb, just in time for getting off my P's and onto my Open License :)
Hi mate. Congratulations! I am in the market for a Stinger GT as well. Are you able to send me your contract to help squeeze a good price? Thanks Joe

bd01

QLD
Hi mate. Congratulations! I am in the market for a Stinger GT as well. Are you able to send me your contract to help squeeze a good price? Thanks Joe
Hey man, I've attached it below. Just removed personal information but you can still see all the numbers. $62000 drive away excluding accessories.

Mind you this is cash as well so is a little easier for me to bargain. This is one of the lowest I've seen

Good luck

Attachments

• Redacted Contract.PNG
    Redacted Contract.PNG
    100.4 KB · Views: 39

JoeStinger

Hey man, I've attached it below. Just removed personal information but you can still see all the numbers. $62000 drive away excluding accessories.

Mind you this is cash as well so is a little easier for me to bargain. This is one of the lowest I've seen

Good luck
Awesome man. I will keep you guys posted on my progress. Many thanks

bd01

QLD
Yup looks like it! Bit of a shame they didn't update the next destination, we won't know where they are until they're back in range of the AIS or arrive somewhere.

When it did its last run, it went from Ulsan -> Masan (still Korea) -> Apra (Guam)-> Melbourne -> Port Kembla (Sydney) -> Brisbane. From Masan to Melbourne (first Aussie stop) it took 17 days (inclusive of time spent in each port). Doesn't look like it's going to Masan this time as it has gone completely past it, but wherever it's going lets hope there isn't many stops and it's on its way to down under!

Unless someone wants to pay for Satellite and then we can see exactly where it is :p

Now the wait begins

Xevaron

Newish Member
Cheers for this bd01 I’ve got a Panthera Metal GT coming in late jan- early feb so I assume mines on this ship too.
Cheers for this bd01 I’ve got a Panthera Metal GT coming in late jan- early feb so I assume mines on this ship too.
Same here! I ordered 3 weeks ago. Paper work says eSt delivery mid February but I hope it’s less ..

GregS

So it's a two week cruise from SK, plus stop over time in Brisbane, say 2 days max, then down to Port Kembla (add ~2 days), then trucked up to Sydney, not sure of the truck either straight to the dealer or a Sydney holding yard. The former makes more sense.

So that puts them in dealers first two weeks of February.

All guess work.

AuStinger

Newish Member
So it's a two week cruise from SK, plus stop over time in Brisbane, say 2 days max, then down to Port Kembla (add ~2 days), then trucked up to Sydney, not sure of the truck either straight to the dealer or a Sydney holding yard. The former makes more sense.

All guess work.
I think it goes to Melbourne first then works it’s way up the coast.

bd01

QLD

All guess work.
You’re reading it backwards, the way I sent in my message before is the order it went in. It’ll go to Melbourne and then work up like @AuStinger said

smillie

Auckland NZ
You’re reading it backwards, the way I sent in my message before is the order it went in. It’ll go to Melbourne and then work up like @AuStinger said
Anyone aware of the delivery route to NZ?
I've been told mine is due in April but don't see any NZ ports in the Glovis vessels ports of call.
Perhaps they're offloaded in Australia and then re-shipped to NZ on a smaller vessel?
Any light on subject would be appreciated.

bd01

QLD
I don't know, as I said I was guessing, love to find a schedule somewhere.
Yeah they normally update it with the next destination, not too sure why it wasn’t updated. But yeah definitely goes to Melbourne first though it could change this time around, it all depends how it’s loaded

bd01

QLD
Anyone aware of the delivery route to NZ?
I've been told mine is due in April but don't see any NZ ports in the Glovis vessels ports of call.
Perhaps they're offloaded in Australia and then re-shipped to NZ on a smaller vessel?
Any light on subject would be appreciated.
Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s how they do it