1. The Kia Stinger Owners Group is a private community. Please login or register to unlock the full content.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger Price

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Brian Keenan, Jan 24, 2017.

1. app_master

app_master Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

Just to compare....

Just built up this usa spec Audi S5 Sportback prestige with everything (making it very similar to the proposed Stinger GT) and came to $67725 USD. So for about $20k less for the GT ($48k) would be about right! And a dead set bargain.

PS. That Audi car (is very very nice btw) would be around $120k AUD in Australia ... so the Stinger GT is set to be half that price for us o_O Hell yes!

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi...N-per0rxWpWmbgiDn4TN-gqh_6n_1j67e39hurZLEAAAA

• Like Like x 7
  2. hereward

hereward Member

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, everyone. This continues to prove what a bargain the Stinger is going to be...

4. carlosfernandez

carlosfernandez Active Member

hope that Kia USA will do a pre sale sooner !!!

5. delirium

delirium Member

Don't you guys get a discount at a dealer?

Buying a german car in Russia is more like visiting an Arab street market.

6. app_master

app_master Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

Sure do. But to be fair we'll compare list prices. Any significant discounts are also very difficult on the new and popular.

7. shadow55

shadow55 New Member

is this u.s. or Canadian funds

8. David

David Member

To be honest, I can see the value of the Stinger. For others, if not most people, the Kia badge will deter them from buying the car. This is not the case for me, and not anyone on this forum, but the masses will not consider spending 50k on the Stinger. If we can be honest, I really doubt this car will break the ice. I will strongly consider buying it, but most won't.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hereward

hereward Member

US $.

10. hereward

hereward Member

The US prices are likely to be between $39,000 and $50,000 depending on the model. The announced Korean prices are between US$34K and 44K when converted from Korean Won to US$; I think the US prices will be slightly higher, between 39K and 50K. Comparable BMW 4xxi Gran Coupe would be between 48K and 65K. Some of this is guesswork, albeit somewhat informed, but the widely held belief is that Stinger prices will be significantly lower than comparable BMW models.

11. lostnspace

lostnspace Active Member Founding Member

Kia sold 3.02 million cars in 2016 (world wide) 625,818 (in the USA). The Optima is Kia's best selling sedan and in 2016 they sold 159,414. I think people are seeing the value in Kia. Is the stigma there...yea. Will it go away..no, not completely. However, if Kia continues to make compelling cars...the word will continue to take notice. I mean look what the Optima did for Kia!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. hereward

hereward Member

In agreement with lostnspace. As a long time BMW driver, I see another dynamic that is likely to become prominent:

BMWs are increasingly seen as lease cars- lease for three years during which all issues are covered, and then lease another car. Apart from the lower monthly payments, there is an increasing feeling that past 50K miles, BMW maintenance and repairs are inordinately high. For example, replacing the battery is a $500-700 expense, because the new battery has to be reprogrammed into the ECU. The technology has of course an advantage in prolonging the battery life by varying the charge levels as the battery ages, but this is esoteric technology pushing aside pragmatic cost containment. Also see BMW's insistence on run flat tires- they are universally disliked, but BMW won't budge.

The BMW driver community is ardent and devoted to the brand. However, if Kia comes up with an appealing alternative, many will shift to Kia. The appeal has to pivot around economics, handling, fit and finish, quality and durability of materials, and a hospitable warranty service. If Kia delivers effectively on these scores, it will prevail over the legacy German brands. As lostnspace says, the world will take notice.

• Like Like x 2
  13. David

David Member

I agree! But you said it yourself. BMW drivers (most at least) do not care about these repairs since they all lease for 3 years. Therefore, I am not sure if the lease customers care too much about maintenance cost

14. David

David Member

Yes! I have the optima and I love it.... But the K900 is also a great car for the money. You know what I'm about to say… they sell like 300 k900s every year :(

15. lostnspace

It's interesting because I am on Audi and BMW boards and it nice seeing people openly admitting they are cross shopping the Stinger. I like cars... so its hard for me to stay loyal to any one brand lol. I honestly never thought I would consider and Kia after my Kia Sorento back in 2006. It wasn't a horrible car, but residual/trade in value was horrendous.

My three year lease is up in August...and replacing 4 run flat tries (just had to replace another one) (3 in one year), have given me moments of pause. I know I am probably in a small minority, but its not something I factored into ownership. My bestfriend has X3 and she just replaced two run flat tires in 2 weeks (one back to back)...so one more person not happy with unexpected maintenance cost.

I think the pricing and Kia badge is the issue with K900. The Stinger will be a better value proposition.

16. John

John Guest

I think the pricing and Kia badge is the issue with K900. The Stinger will be a better value proposition.[/QUOTE]

The stinger will have "the pricing and Kia badge" as well!

17. lostnspace

No denying that, but in my opinion, I think it is a better value proposition than the K900 (for me). I my opinion more people will be willing to pay for the Stinger vs the K900.

• Like Like x 2
  18. carlosfernandez

carlosfernandez Active Member

If some model could breaks the barrier of the semi luxury market client will be The Stinger

19. Skyguy

Skyguy Member

A friend has just taken delivery of a GT in Australia. It came in at $48k, is actually 289kw and gets to 100 kph in 4.5 seconds. Kia have really understated the performance!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Esum

Esum New Member

Tell your friend to upload a video of the GT revving and how it sounds when driven hard! I think everyone is waiting for this!

and any realistic info about consumption of the 3.3