Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Kia Stinger Price

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Brian Keenan, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Brian Keenan

Brian Keenan Active Member Founding Member

OFFICIAL PRICING:
    • $31,900 for Base Stinger 2.0T
    • $37,100 for Stinger Premium 2.0T
    • $38,350 for GT 3.3T
    • $43,250 for GT1 3.3T
    • $49,200 for GT2 3.3T
    - AWD $2,200 for all models
    - Destination charge: $900

---------------

We're starting to hear some price talk from people at Kia. Nothing firm but starting price should be in the low 30s while fully loaded for the twin turbo V6 with all wheel drive under $50,000. That's really not bad considering what competing vehicles cost. Please post updates with anything you hear or read.

edit: More pricing talk here:
    https://stingerforum.org/threads/price-revealed-for-the-special-ones.584/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2017
  2. ballistic

ballistic Active Member Founding Member

i don't have any news to add but the bmw 4 series gran coupe with turbo six starts at like $49,000 and change so a fully loaded stinger gt for under $50,000 would be great. even though i think the price might be a little too much a little too soon for the majority of people. but i clearly understand the reasoning.

3. Jenny Wang

Jenny Wang Active Member Founding Member

Low 30s. I have a feeling I'll be paying about $38,000 for my 2.0 Stinger the way I want it.

4. hej

hej Active Member Founding Member

All pricing information is speculative right now. But as Jenny said, it's likely to start in the low 30's, and educated guesses say a fully loaded Stinger GT will end in the upper 40's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jenny Wang

I'd be jumping for joy if I could get mine with a few good features at $35,000. That's what I'm hoping but I won't go holding my breath. :p

6. hej

I'm sure you can do it if you don't want any options :)

7. ballistic

i think jenny mentioned somewhere that she loves hud and stuff like lane keep assist. i think it'll be hard for her to get exactly what she wants for $35k but that would be a heck of a deal if she could.

8. Jenny Wang

There's so much cool stuff. I know I'm going to want a few things.

Yes, I think heads up display is really impressive and lane keep assist would be pretty cool on long highway drives. I definitely don't want a luxury car without any options. I wonder what the packages will be like. I might have to start a new discussion about that.

9. app_master

app_master Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

I got indicative pricing from a local dealer. However it is purely speculative and only shown on my receipt for my interest register and deposit. Yes I put money down to secure a first release offering, and I'm told I am first in the queue, but maybe I am the only one in the queue!. I won't be posting any prices here, but was in my expected ball park.

10. Jenny Wang

Come on now! No secrets! :mad::po_O
    But that's really cool that you put down a deposit and you're #1 on the list! You might be the first Stinger owner on the board!

11. Brian Keenan

Brian Keenan Active Member Founding Member

What are you people's thoughts on dealers selling the Stinger at above MSRP in the beginning? We should make a list of dealers that do this.

12. hej

This
    doesn't seem likely to happen. At worst, dealers will hold to the sticker for a couple of months.

13. Bamm1

Bamm1 Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

Ford did it with the Mustang GT350 and VW also did it with the Mk Golf R. I think that Kia needs to be very careful as this is not a "special" version of an established model (like the Mustang or Golf) that has good sales numbers. Its a brand new model in their line up. So for Kia (given its current brand perception) to go over MSRP at the launch of a new model seems like a recipe for disaster.

14. Jenny Wang

I sure hope they don't go over MSRP because that'll probably be the straw that breaks my camel's back.

15. app_master

app_master Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

That does not happen in Australia (that I've heard or read of) from authorised car dealers, pretty sure industry is heavily regulated. But they certainly won't be discounting a new or popular model from the list price. The old supply/demand thing.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  16. ballistic

yes i agree that would be a bad idea. to go over msrp. like hej said holding to sticker seems more likely and that probably wont last very long. kia needs people to perceive the brand as being successful and that means selling a lot of cars. having a lot of stingers on the road.

17. Bamm1

Bamm1 Stinger Enthusiast Founding Member

Kia's 2017 sales target is 3.17 million. The Stinger GT is slated to arrive later in 2017 with the regular Stinger following shortly after. Locking your new model, that could be a hot seller, at MSRP (or above) is not how you reach your target.

18. Jenny Wang

The discussion is like an emotional roller coaster for me. I'm definitely feeling better again now. :p

19. Marco-Oz

Marco-Oz Active Member

I've put a deposit on one of the first to arrive in Australia Stinger GT's in Snow White at my local dealer (subject to test drive and pricing) and believes it will be "fully loaded", but time will tell what the final specs will be.
    The salesman has done some research and the dealership expects it to be priced around the mid to high $50's so I've signed a contract for $60,000AUD (Drive Away) . If it's rrp is less than the lesser price will stand.
    Contract delivery date is 10/10/17 but was indicative only and could arrive as early as September, fingers crossed.

• Like Like x 2
  20. hej

We spend a lot of time speculating on this forum, so it's pretty interesting to me to see what appears to be actual information show up. Any idea how much these prices and dates are based on reality, VS the salesman just being willing to write up some paper work with some numbers for the sake of making a sale?

Draft saved Draft deleted