Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Kia Stinger Aftermarket Exhaust Information and Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by voon, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

If you believe the Jun BL numbers you could get 40 whp from just that and the K&N intake. I want to see what Torks intake and Stillens can do before I decide which route I am going.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Billy M

Billy M United States Active Member

That’s my plan. Worked for my STi

• Like Like x 1
  3. xot1

xot1 Korea, Republic of Stinger Enthusiast

Sorry for being a bit negative here but I would not believe their numbers if I were you. Most of the time it is marketing BS.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Never thought

Agreed. Hence the “if” ;)

5. Billy M

Here’s an Aussie video with real numbers

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club!

It doesn't look like there's much to be gained from an intake at this point. However, I am curious about hints of sizes I've seen after the intakes.

It's the downpipes that baffle me after that video. So tiny. And whomever's going to come up with a better solution has to fight the stock ECU blowing overboost errors while they're trying to get more flow.

*EDIT:* I'm more interested in replacement panel filters of the K&N type instead of a whole new intake - unless someone convinces me with more power than folks are getting from what we've seen so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. derek0609

derek0609 United States Member

I feel the same way, I am hoping AEM comes out with dry washable panel filters that I can plop into the stock boxes, worked fine on my Mazda 6. I try to stay away from filters that require oil.

8. Andres

Andres United States Member

? has anyone Dyno the 3.3 GT2 AWD. wanted to know if the 365hp was real or is it way less.

9. Billy M

Will be less on the dyno, 365 should be at the crank

10. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

Unless specifically notated as WHP, RWHP, Etc...cars are listed as HP or BHP (brake/crank horsepower).

That means Kia listing the Stinger at 365 HP means a RWD version should dyno around 320 RWHP and the AWD version should get around 290 WHP.

Additionally it depends on what type of dyno is used. There is about 10-15% difference in numbers between a dynojet and Mustang dyno.

So to answer your question...it will be way lower and by about 20% less than the advertised/stated 365 HP.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Andres

Dam. That's crazy. Currently I have the lap3 chip and considering on adding the new Borla S-type . Hopefully that would add more power. Any one near the Virginia, Maryland and D.C. area know where I can take my car to get Dyno and hopefully see if more power can be opened up.

12. Bear

The next city over from me, Manassas, VA, has a company called PTuning and they have a dyno. Since I have AWD, I’ve been looking to go to them. Need to get a base run then through some boltons on.

13. Andres

Bear. I live in reston, va so Manassas is not that far. Might have to visit. Do you know the pricing?

14. Bear

I’m out in Gainesville, but actually used to live in the ghetto of Reston.

$85 for RWD and $100 for AWD. I believe they only do dynos during weekdays.

If you plan to go up there, let me know. I’d be willing to go as well.

15. Brzhang

Brzhang Canada New Member

We need an exhaust that’s popping. crackling, and banging...none of these exhausts on the market can do that...all the exhaust on the market now sounds like crap to me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Naz136

Naz136 Brunei Darussalam Newish Member

Sometimes videos being uploaded doesnt do the sound any justice tho. Especially when ur viewing them on ur smartphones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Billy M

I unfortunately think the sound we want may be unattainable, just not a throaty engine, and the turbos muffle any burble

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

this kind of aggressive sound doesn't come from a cat back exhaust alone. you need downpipes and at least one set of catalytic converters removed in addition.

it can be done. and it will. in time. the turbos don't muffle any sound.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Never thought

So I know there are others like me only considering an exhaust option that is quiet at cruising (or can be) and loud under acceleration. I know of the Jun BL EVC system but was hoping this could be a sticky where people can make the community aware of other options when they become available. Post away!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Canoli

Canoli United States Active Member

I'm planning on getting the Jun bl when the weather finally warms up. Haven't heard of any others.

Draft saved Draft deleted