Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Kia Stinger Aftermarket Exhaust Information and Discussion

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by voon, Dec 24, 2017.

1. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

It's somewhat small at the moment, the number of aftermarket exhausts for the 3.3. It'd be nice to have a list, maintained. This is probably more of a US thing or so, because in Switzerland we're regulated to death with the legal options.

Atm I only know of:

- SEMA Borla ... with no idea if this going official?
    - SEMA AMG Exhaust. A gag?
    - Bastuck. Seems not to have that much roar.
    - "Updated thing from Kia". Apparently there's a "sport" exhaust or so mething now. What I saw doesn't sound like much and is hideously expensive.
    - JUN B.L. Korean thing I think, where I have no idea if this makes it to Europe myself.

My favorite is the Borla .. that thing roars. But it would have to have a "silent" option or simply behave in normal driving if you don't hit the pedal much. Nothing gets on my nerves more, than a sport/performance exhaust, that constantly drones and annoys on long voyages.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

I'll change the title and make this the official aftermarket exhaust sticky. Thanks for the idea! I'll update the first post and more and more important information comes in.. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. ImportSharkMike

ImportSharkMike United States Active Member Authorized Vendor

Borla is still in the R&D phase, as is Magnaflow. ETA on their Stinger catbacks is March/April 2018.

Jun B.L is absolutely LEGENDARY in the KDM market. I've been a vendor in the scene since the late 1990's and Jun was blowing people away back in the good 'ol Tiburon days. Their Gen Coupe exhausts had the highest quality (definitely way above mid-level brands like Borla/Magnaflow) and the greatest performance gains. Jun has contracts with Hyundai/Kia for pre-release events, car shows, etc. They're given the cars when they're in the final testing phanse (when you start seeing early spy pics pop up) so they always have a big head start on the competition.

Jun B.L usually does 3 different types of exhausts--GT, Racing and EVC. The GT is generally louder and has higher torque numbers. The Racing version has a larger muffler, but will still sound hella aggressive when you get on the throttle. Their EVC exhausts are sometimes different and sometimes the same as the GT and Racing (as is the case with their Stinger exhausts), but with the added feature of an open/close actuator that can instantly tune down the sound of the car with the press of a button.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

Interesting to know ... although i doubt anything Jun is going to be legal in Switzerland :/

My fav exhaust is one that provides a proper throaty roar on ignition (not stupid way over the top crazy roar that sounds like I cant start my car without flooring the pedal on every ocasion), a bassy, present rumble when standing still, so you don't look like an idiot coming with 4 exhaust tubes and then sound like the wheeze of a dieing astmathic sloth, a properly silent run on normal comfort mode long distance travel (i.e. absolutly no irritating drone inside the car etc) and then a whole brass orchestra on intravenous cocaine when you pedal the metal.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Euljiro1ga

Euljiro1ga Active Member

Where do people normally have the actuator installed?
    Also, is the default mode open? then, press the button to close? or you can just toggle between leaving it open or close.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kazz

Kazz United States Stinger Enthusiast

Drone. Avoid drone at all costs. I'll be waiting for dynos, sound clips, and personal reviews.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ImportSharkMike

It's totally up to you where you want the actuator installed. I had an EVC catback on my Veloster Turbo (before I got rid of that piece of junk) and had the actuator switch hidden right under the dash. It was easily accessible, but I just didn't want an aftermarket switch sitting around. Some cars have dead switches on panels that can be swapped out for live ones (based on the model car you get, assuming it's a lower cost one with less features)--and those are usually the best option to utilize. However, there's really no one way of doing it.

There really isn't a default mode either. You just press the switch to open or close. The next time the car's started, the actuator is in the same position as you left it. Very straight forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

I would love to see a EVC with the option of almost stock and the other option muffler delete straight through pipe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. Scorpio Redux

Scorpio Redux United States Member

Exhaust Tips: Are aftermarket (valence mounted) exhaust tips available as direct replacements for the OEM ones?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

I found this one: the Ark Performance GRiP exhaust

in the description it said, it's available in december 2017 but I can't find it on their page

11. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

i'm not trying to be a debbie downer but i wouldn't pay a dollar for that exhaust. and it's not just that one. it's any of them i've heard so far. maybe these aftermarket exhausts will make the car sound a tiny bit meaner. but i'd rather just leave it alone and have no sound at all rather than have a tiny tiny tiny little bit of rumble. how much are these exhausts going to cost? so far i have not heard one worth paying for.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CoconutRob

I like the sound of the muffler delete that I have heard posted on this forum. But personally the only way that I would be interested in that is if I had a valve control to make it quiet

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Kia Stinger

That muffler delete did sound very good. Aggressive, but not overly aggressive - in my opinion...

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. ImportSharkMike

Valve actuators can be found on the market out there since they're not application specific. Technically you could it to any aftermarket exhaust.

Got a link? We're expecting to release an axle-back exhaust (i.e. muffler delete) within the next few weeks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  15. Kia Stinger

I'm going to be playing catch up here all day - but these guys should have a video of the exterior sound since they have one of the interior sound:
    0-100

16. CoconutRob

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Kia Stinger

There we go! Thank you, Rob! :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. ImportSharkMike

Yup, kinda what I figured. That sounds pretty nice. Hopefully the manufacturer that we're dealing with will get theirs done asap!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Naz136

Naz136 Brunei Darussalam Newish Member

Hey guys. Hmm the muffler delete does sounds good. Im from Brunei. Well basically Asia. Im considering of getting the Jun (does anyone know how to procure them) but that muffler delete could also be the way to go to get abit more roar in the car. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  20. ImportSharkMike

My company is a primary distributor for Jun B.L and I would be happy to assist. We can ship world-wide. Also, I may be able to request from Jun B.L to make one of their exhausts with no mufflers if you prefer a "race" type version that will be louder.

Draft saved Draft deleted