kia stinger store

KIA EV6 info up on KIA Media site

Mike_TX

Stinger Enthusiast
North Texas
Just paid my £100 to get on the pre-order list, much as I love my stinger, 75% on my driving is in the city. 15mpg and constantly having the ppf light on is getting to me
I always scratch my head when I see people getting such crappy mileage. I always average about 21.3 in mixed driving, which includes less than 10% freeway. Almost of it all short runs to the grocery store, restaurants, shopping, etc. I was wondering how bad the mileage would be when I went from the 2.0 liter to the 3.3tt, but the mileage is almost identical.

I'll be going on a 2500-mile round trip soon, and I'll be interested to see how it does on the open road.

Oh, and we don't have PPF here in the States. Sounds like typical government overreach ... :rolleyes:

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
I just watched this again and I am really impressed with Kia's vision and commitment ...............then I think about their dealer network .....................they need to clean house to meet the potential that Kia is going to expect ...............my dealer fumbles the ball with their current portfolio , when all the really new stuff hits they will be so overwhelmed ...................... :cry: :lipsaresealed::thumbdown:
I agree. While the company is making strides to improve it's product offering, the dealership network has not been quick to do the same. Some sites seem to be making the effort but others aren't doing that. Funny thing though, even some high line dealerships need work. One of the Audi dealer I visited had a bump sticker with some ridiculous charges for extra stuff they added (tint, etc.). Their tint was $1k and the sales guy made a point to explain that it was ceramic and block a lot of UV. Had the same thing on my Stinger in a really dark tint and it was $500 for all windows, not just the fronts. The place I bought it from had their sticker for $296 but had yet to install it, so that wasn't in the discussion.

Let's hope they then get the dealers to start changing the way they treat people or better yet, spin off the K900 and Stinger into a luxury line along with the EVs.

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Kia announced the pricing for the EV6 in the UK. If these numbers are legit I'm thinking > $80k for the GT. That will be over $20k higher than a Tesla Model Y Performance, $25k more than a Model 3 Performance, a few thousand cheaper than a Model X Long Range, and about the same price as a Model S Long Range, which is faster and has a lot more range than the EV6 GT.

Edit* According to this link, the GT will START at £58,295, which is over $81k! :oops:

Last edited:

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Kia announced the pricing for the EV6 in the UK. If these numbers are legit I'm thinking > $80k for the GT. That will be over $20k higher than a Tesla Model Y Performance, $25k more than a Model 3 Performance, a few thousand cheaper than a Model X Long Range, and about the same price as a Model S Long Range, which is faster and has a lot more range than the EV6 GT.

Edit* According to this link, the GT will START at £58,295, which is over $81k! :oops:

I took my father in law to my Audi Dealer Saturday and he came home with a new Etron Sportback , that is a beautiful car .....................about 100K CAD . Not much different than an EV6 GT based on these numbers ................

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
I took my father in law to my Audi Dealer Saturday and he came home with a new Etron Sportback , that is a beautiful car .....................about 100K CAD . Not much different than an EV6 GT based on these numbers ................

I think the Etron Sportback better compares to the non-GT spec'd EV6. But still, the fact that you can get that for the same price as a EV6 GT means Kia is really aiming to take on more desired competitors. By pricing the EV6 higher than Tesla and German rivals they may be shooting themselves in the foot.

By the way, the price of the EV6 GT is probably a good indication of what any potential Stinger EV-GT will cost. Anyone willing to pay >$80k for a new Stinger?

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
I’ll let you know the U.K. price tomorrow as I have an appointment with the dealer to talk about the order & build process so should find out then.

Thanks. Inquire specifically about the GT price, if they have those available for reservations already. :thumbup:

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
The UK price is not going to be what they charge here in the states. They price the vehicles based on the market. Remember, the Canadian price for the Stinger is lower than the US Stinger and they got more equipment than we do. Their 2018 launch price $50K, the equivalent would be roughly $40.6K here however, our GT2 AWD was around $52K if I remember correctly. Going the other way, our $52K price in a straight conversion would be $64K CAD. They will price it lower to get folks to adopt it here. Folks are coming around to KIA but not many will agree to pay the Stinger's price, even though we know it is a great bargain over here, compared to its competition. We just have to wait to find out our price and incentives when it comes out.

The other issue is electric vehicle adoption in the US. KIA hasn't been selling their electric vehicles at a high rate here and for 2021 they didn't bring any PHEVs for the K5 or Sorento to the states yet. It is better to sell in places that have a higher adoption rate and incentives to get folks into an EV. The Sorento UK and Europe launch vehicle was the PHEV, so it is not like they don't have one in their line up to bring to the US. The EV6 range is stated up to 316 miles in the UK for the long range version, that is most likely not going to be the same here however, having a fast charging (18 minutes from 10-80%) system for long distance driving, will get you back on the road faster. This will be an attractive feature for a lot folks in the EV world and those new to it.

On a comparison to the Audi e-tron, I think the EV6 will come with a better range but lack the luxury feel of the Audi. One area KIA has been slacking on for their vehicles is using better insulating glass and sound deadening materials in their vehicles, at least for the stuff we get here. It's better than a some other non-luxury vehicles but even the new K9 didn't block out road noise to compete with the Europeans. Will this change with their EVs and newer vehicles? Time will tell. The e-tron drives and feels luxurious, the tech is also pretty good. Knowing German vehicles, tech can sometimes be a pain, this is where I feel the Koreans have them beat. They might not be as fancy but what they give us works very well. Add in the kind of warranty they provide and it makes getting one a no brainer. While I like the look of the EV6, I wish they had other options as well. The Genesis version of the E-GMP platform's first vehicle will be the best of the batch and the one with the highest cost and even that I can't see them selling at $80K. The upcoming Audi Q4, which is a compact car, will be a competitor and that should start around $45K. I think the EV6 GT will end up around the current Stinger's price point or slightly higher. That Q4 will probably top out at $60K, making the Genesis version a better value as it will come with more features for about the same price. All this is speculation until the cars are on sale and we know the full specs and prices. With a Model Y Performance in the $60K range, I don't think KIA would want to approach that at this juncture.

TMH

Newish Member
By the way, the price of the EV6 GT is probably a good indication of what any potential Stinger EV-GT will cost. Anyone willing to pay >$80k for a new Stinger?
At the rate prices on everything are going up, say by 2024 when the Stinger comes out as an EV, 80K will be like 40K today.

powermatt

Just paid my £100 to get on the pre-order list, much as I love my stinger, 75% on my driving is in the city. 15mpg and constantly having the ppf light on is getting to me

I put my order and deposit in for a Mach-E. I love the Stinger, and will continue to enjoy it for however long it takes to get the Mach-E (six months? who knows right now), but I'm more and more ready to move to full electric every day. I always have my Miata for when I'm craving some analog fun, but it's just becoming less and less appealing to own a fossil fuel vehicle for daily use, even as much as I love my dinosaur burners.

It's a weird paradox of thought, that's for sure. Maybe it's just that ICE cars have become so complex in order to meet regulations that they've stopped being worth the hassle, even to enthusiasts like myself. Meanwhile all the older fun stuff is disappearing or being priced out of reach to most of us. EVs are in many ways a return to something mechanically simpler, and that really appeals to me. At least for a daily driver. My Miata is never going anywhere. :)

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
At the rate prices on everything are going up, say by 2024 when the Stinger comes out as an EV, 80K will be like 40K today.

Yellen finally conceded that today , and rates will be adjusted , , likely a BIG correction coming to markets , even safe haven assets !!

Last edited:

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
why? :(

Yellen finally conceded that today , and rates will be adjusted , , likely a BIG correction coming to markets , even safe haven assets !!
Please elaborate???

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
£58,295 is the price for the GT .
Delivery Jan 23
Might be old tech by then, that’s a long old time in electric tech
Thanks for verifying!

The Model Y Performance is supposed to be available in the UK in September. The price for it should be £45,000.

Similar size, similar range, similar performance, and $20k price difference. I don't know wtf Kia is thinking.

Last edited:

Superiluminal

Newish Member
UK
Thanks for verifying!

The Model Y Performance is supposed to be available in the UK in September. The price for it should be £45,000.

Similar size, similar range, similar performance, and $20k price difference. I don't know wtf Kia is thinking.
Also no options, none.
3 colours: metallic white, metallic black, Matt grey.
No interior colour options, only black with lime green stitching ‍

powermatt

Also no options, none.
3 colours: metallic white, metallic black, Matt grey.
No interior colour options, only black with lime green stitching ‍

Paint colors are very much going the way of OG Ford: any color you want, so long as it's black. I'm really getting tired of every car on the road being a grayscale shade.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
why? :(

Please elaborate???
The Fed has been denying that we are experiencing INFLATION , we all see the consumer goods impact on prices and with the amount of money central banks are printing it is just a matter of time that currency devaluation erodes the buying power of our $$

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
The Fed has been denying that we are experiencing INFLATION , we all see the consumer goods impact on prices and with the amount of money central banks are printing it is just a matter of time that currency devaluation erodes the buying power of our $$
That's not good... at all... I understand inflation occurs each year but I am assuming (not going to pretend I'm an expert at all) since we're printing money and also handing out money it is increasing the rate of our currency dropping in value... Perhaps I was a fool to always save my money since it just sat and withered away... Outside of my WRX and Stinger I never really dropped money on items... dang... Better to save than spend I guess.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
That's not good... at all... I understand inflation occurs each year but I am assuming (not going to pretend I'm an expert at all) since we're printing money and also handing out money it is increasing the rate of our currency dropping in value... Perhaps I was a fool to always save my money since it just sat and withered away... Outside of my WRX and Stinger I never really dropped money on items... dang... Better to save than spend I guess.
Better to buy precious metals and Bitcoin , Ether etc !! cash will diminish in value