kia stinger store

KIA EV6 info up on KIA Media site

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Audi SQ8 is a beast! :D
and Audi know it ,I've been to 3 dealers now and none of them will budge off MSRP , cant even get them to pay to get the wheels powdered coated black !! one said they would throw in the rubber trunk liner for free ...............wow gee whiz , 120K plus fees and taxes and no love ...............heading to 2 more dealers today

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
and Audi know it ,I've been to 3 dealers now and none of them will budge off MSRP , cant even get them to pay to get the wheels powdered coated black !! one said they would throw in the rubber trunk liner for free ...............wow gee whiz , 120K plus fees and taxes and no love ...............heading to 2 more dealers today
Well at least it's a good first world problem to have haha! :D

Good luck and happy hunting! Keep us posted! :)

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Well at least it's a good first world problem to have haha! :D

Good luck and happy hunting! Keep us posted! :)
Bingo , got the deal I wanted ...................

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
The EV6 GT looks slotted to replace the Stinger. 3.5 second 0-60 with 577 hp and 546 lb-ft of torque

Not a fan of the looks, but it wouldn't prevent me if the price was 'right' (like the current Stinger's price/performance).

Kia-EV6-GT_5.jpg Kia-EV6-GT_2.jpg

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
The EV6 GT looks slotted to replace the Stinger. 3.5 second 0-60 with 577 hp and 546 lb-ft of torque

Not a fan of the looks, but it wouldn't prevent me if the price was 'right' (like the current Stinger's price/performance).

View attachment 57117 View attachment 57118
That would look so much better as a sedan. They fell asleep when they got to the rear end.

Kia-EV6-GT_5~2.jpg

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

View attachment 57117 View attachment 57118
But, it's butt ugly, a common SUV type hatchback (that is a hatch, isn't it?).

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
But, it's butt ugly, a common SUV type hatchback (that is a hatch, isn't it?).

I think it is. I also think the reason the car is 'taller' (more SUV than sportback) is the placement of the batteries underside-middle of the vehicle, so it raises the total height (roofline) a few inches as a result. As battery density increases with new battery types in the future, this will be less of a factor as they'll need less storage space and the vehicle can go back to a more traditional height. Tesla has, for the most part, done a decent job hiding this issue with their Model S and 3.

A lot of the more affordable EVs seem to be trending in the butt ugly department. I think with the loss of differentiation in the details, electric vehicles are being segmented on appearance. Ugly = cheap. Boring = sporty. Attractive = you can't afford. There's been an element of truth to this with gas powered cars as well, but the lines seem to be getting blurred less with the EVs being released.

Last edited:

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

Superiluminal

Newish Member
UK
Just paid my £100 to get on the pre-order list, much as I love my stinger, 75% on my driving is in the city. 15mpg and constantly having the ppf light on is getting to me

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Petrol particulate filter, I assume it is called a Gasoline particulate filter in the US (if you have them at all).
Thanks. (I hate acronyms:rolleyes:)

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
The Press Releaseis on KIA’s site and they also have the world premier video up as well. Adding that here:

I just watched this again and I am really impressed with Kia's vision and commitment ...............then I think about their dealer network .....................they need to clean house to meet the potential that Kia is going to expect ...............my dealer fumbles the ball with their current portfolio , when all the really new stuff hits they will be so overwhelmed ...................... :cry: :lipsaresealed::thumbdown: