kia stinger store

KIA EV6 info up on KIA Media site

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
Looking at the interior photos, I see they have moved the cruise control to the left side of the wheel and the phone and audio controls to the right. The speakers says the audio is Meridian Surround, that’s the system Land Rover uses. That might end up in the Korean vehicles and not stateside, as usual. If they leave it in for the US market, I’m expecting that might making the car pricier than one would expect. We don’t have dimensions yet but I’m guessing large compact (Forte/Elantra sized) to midsized interior space, but not to Optima size. The wheels are 20” so I’m thinking it’s closer in proportion to Tesla Model Y or Audi E Tron, I like the look, if it has good range to and is priced less than the Model Y with similar range, I’ll be a taker!

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
We don’t have dimensions yet but I’m guessing large compact (Forte/Elantra sized) to midsized interior space, but not to Optima size. The wheels are 20” so I’m thinking it’s closer in proportion to Tesla Model Y or Audi E Tron, I like the look, if it has good range to and is priced less than the Model Y with similar range,

Just look up specs for the Ioniq 5.

Similar to the Telluride/Palisade, Forte/Elantra, Sonata/K5, this is the same vehicle as the Ioniq 5 with different sheet metal and interior layout.

I normally prefer the looks of Kias over Hyundais competing models but comparing these two I think the Ioniq 5 looks better. The EV6 has a bit of a RAV-4 look to it. The Ioniq 5 is truly a unique looking thing.

2022-ioniq-5-kvs6_16-9.jpg

2022-ioniq-5-kvs2_16-9.jpg

2022-ioniq-5-driving-mode_16-9.jpg

Last edited:

Rynil2000

Stinger Enthusiast
Cumming, GA
I'll have yet to see some numbers on this concept, range and price, but I like the look of the Kia. I certainly prefer it to the Hyundai. The rear three-quarter view has got my design senses tingling. I love those converging lines and contours highlighted by the brake lights and rocker trim. Very cool.

We are going to be looking to replace an aging (see slowly dying) Grand Cherokee for my wife who works from home. This would be a perfect option IMO. Save the dinosaur juice for my Stinger.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
I like the Kia one a lot... looks like a more elegant version of some sort of Audi or the new "Mustang" Mach-E crossed over... not sure... I am digging it! Especially in white! :D

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
I actually like both, the IONIQ 5 reminds me a bit of the Audi e-tron, both have a European look to their design, outside and in. KIA seems to be going the German way with the layout of the steering wheel controls. Not a bad thing in my book. Hyundai typically tunes their vehicles for a softer, luxurious ride while KIA goes for a firm, sporty ride. Plus their interior was more European in look compared to Hyundai. That's one of the reason I typically go for KIA over Hyundai.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

stoopid

Las Vegas, NV
The hood "horns" on the Kia (might be a color/lighting thing too) look awful. Waaay too exaggerated.

1615782749792.jpeg

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
The hood "horns" on the Kia (might be a color/lighting thing too) look awful. Waaay too exaggerated.

View attachment 56384
might just be a cast of shadow... I like how it looks a lot... especially in white!! :D

it's funny... Kia has built an electric SUV that will put to shame so many performance cars out on the street... and it looks fantastic... "but" wears the Kia badge...

Kinda how some enthusiasts gave the Honda/Acura NSX some snobby drama for not being a "real" supercar like the Ferrari or McLaren names... I remember reading on Ferrarichat someone comparing the 2nd-Gen NSX to the 458 and 488 and one of the top comments was "it's still just a Honda" lmfao! :p

Brand snobzzzzzz

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
might just be a cast of shadow... I like how it looks a lot... especially in white!! :D

it's funny... Kia has built an electric SUV that will put to shame so many performance cars out on the street... and it looks fantastic... "but" wears the Kia badge...

Kinda how some enthusiasts gave the Honda/Acura NSX some snobby drama for not being a "real" supercar like the Ferrari or McLaren names... I remember reading on Ferrarichat someone comparing the 2nd-Gen NSX to the 458 and 488 and one of the top comments was "it's still just a Honda" lmfao! :p

Brand snobzzzzzz
Kia is doing a great job of re defining the auto segment and their image !! keep it up boys !! ( now about their dealers !!!! )

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Kia is doing a great job of re defining the auto segment and their image !! keep it up boys !! ( now about their dealers !!!! )
^ 100%

The cars themselves are fantastic... but the dealerships gotta wake up and improve... but idk if that will ever happen...

The market and demographic for people coming in to buy a sub $20k car are very different than those looking at $50k+ cars... Different types of people... different understanding of things and different marketing strategies work...

I remember my first visit to a Kia dealership to look at the Stinger and the guy just jumped up and started saying how I could have this car for less than $300 a month! Just kept saying it over and over... I said I was interested in just having a final OTD price and he said not to worry about it and that with "the right amount down we could easily get a monthly payment to $250" lol... it was hard not to laugh... but then again I forgot for a moment that most people don't really look things up or understand how things work... and his selling pitch was more for someone looking at a $15k car (nothing wrong with that btw) and less research under their belt...

idk... I find it very strange...

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
^ 100%

The cars themselves are fantastic... but the dealerships gotta wake up and improve... but idk if that will ever happen...

The market and demographic for people coming in to buy a sub $20k car are very different than those looking at $50k+ cars... Different types of people... different understanding of things and different marketing strategies work...

I remember my first visit to a Kia dealership to look at the Stinger and the guy just jumped up and started saying how I could have this car for less than $300 a month! Just kept saying it over and over... I said I was interested in just having a final OTD price and he said not to worry about it and that with "the right amount down we could easily get a monthly payment to $250" lol... it was hard not to laugh... but then again I forgot for a moment that most people don't really look things up or understand how things work... and his selling pitch was more for someone looking at a $15k car (nothing wrong with that btw) and less research under their belt...

idk... I find it very strange...
Yup ! my dealer doesnt even listen . I've sent 2 customers to them that actually bought at other Kia dealers just because they had such poor service and follow up .................I think I'm done with Kia for my next car ......................

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Yup ! my dealer doesnt even listen . I've sent 2 customers to them that actually bought at other Kia dealers just because they had such poor service and follow up .................I think I'm done with Kia for my next car ......................
lmfao! not surprised...

to each their own btw! :)

oh just curious... what were you driving before you got the Stinger? :D

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
lmfao! not surprised...

to each their own btw! :)

oh just curious... what were you driving before you got the Stinger? :D
12 years of BMWs all V8s ......................I swore off them due to reliability issues , I love Kia cars , bought the first Stinger in North America

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Just look up specs for the Ioniq 5.

Similar to the Telluride/Palisade, Forte/Elantra, Sonata/K5, this is the same vehicle as the Ioniq 5 with different sheet metal and interior layout.

I normally prefer the looks of Kias over Hyundais competing models but comparing these two I think the Ioniq 5 looks better. The EV6 has a bit of a RAV-4 look to it. The Ioniq 5 is truly a unique looking thing.

View attachment 56363

View attachment 56364

View attachment 56365
What a slouchy driving posture. Move the seat back a tad, raise the back and get that seat behind your shoulders; you're asking for whiplash, boy! You should be able to rest your wrists on the top of the steering wheel with arms extended. (Some people think they're professionals. Heh!)

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
12 years of BMWs all V8s ......................I swore off them due to reliability issues , I love Kia cars , bought the first Stinger in North America

Oh wow! I had an E36 for a while. I got a buddy with an insane E92-M3 and another with a well built E92-335i... amazing cars... I love BMW...

It's funny because my M3 was bulletproof engine/transmission wise... but every other little thing was going wrong or falling apart... granted I bought it used and it was a pretty neglected car but was so cheap to pick up...

So if the Stinger is your first and last Kia then what will you go to next?

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
Oh wow! I had an E36 for a while. I got a buddy with an insane E92-M3 and another with a well built E92-335i... amazing cars... I love BMW...

It's funny because my M3 was bulletproof engine/transmission wise... but every other little thing was going wrong or falling apart... granted I bought it used and it was a pretty neglected car but was so cheap to pick up...

So if the Stinger is your first and last Kia then what will you go to next?
I'm shopping Audi SQ8's ....................love V8s , thinking they'll be gone in the not too distant future , I need an SUV , Telly's are underpowered , The GV70 is too small , and the GV80s aren't very Sporty , way too posh ...............

Aarvix

Stinger Enthusiast
North TX
Clearly Trackhawk is the answer then...

Oh, and that's obviously a rendering, so I wouldn't trust the shadows/reflections too much.