kia stinger store

KDM 2021 Stinger GT: my new car has arrived

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
View attachment 53996
First drive in the snow! I was impressed. All seasons and AWD performed great, never even spinned a tire (even in a couple inches of snow on unkept side roads, not pictured).

Only thing that caught me off gaurd was the radar being blocked by snow and the collision system turning off. Probably for the best anyway.
Dang! But you're awfully close to that car!?

Did you change lanes at all? Those snow "ridges" can be pretty dicey. But the AWD handles them well enough. I never felt my car lifting, it just "plowed" through them without losing traction. All of my vehicles have been on A/S for the last thirty plus years; but this is the first one that is AWD. Amazing difference! :thumbup:

Blue Bucket

South Korea
Dang! But you're awfully close to that car!?

Did you change lanes at all? Those snow "ridges" can be pretty dicey. But the AWD handles them well enough. I never felt my car lifting, it just "plowed" through them without losing traction. All of my vehicles have been on A/S for the last thirty plus years; but this is the first one that is AWD. Amazing difference! :thumbup:
Driving in Korea is interesting. If you don't flirt with tail gating, you will get massively cuttoff (even in the snow), which happened to me twice yesterday.

I had to change lanes a few times. Plowing through is a great description. Very smooth compared to my WRX I had awhile back. I'm guessing the weight helps a lot with this car.

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
View attachment 53996
First drive in the snow! I was impressed. All seasons and AWD performed great, never even spun a tire (even in a couple inches of snow on unkept side roads, not pictured).

Only thing that caught me off gaurd was the radar being blocked by snow and the collision system turning off. Probably for the best anyway.
You should feel the AWD with a good set of snow tires, the AWD Stinger is very capable in the snow!

The radar turning off is pretty much standard across all vehicles equipped with radar, they just turn off when they're covered or partially covered so they don't cause you to get in an accident.

jalcala

Orlando Area
interesting set of gauges there in the middle...dont recall seeing them before.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
There should be some better pics earlier in the thread. Its part of the "monitoring" package, and I think has been updated from previous years.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
There should be some better pics earlier in the thread. Its part of the "monitoring" package, and I think has been updated from previous years.
The left one is a temperature gauge, by the look of it (oil?): are the other two torque and boost? If so, then S. Korea has different looking gauges than the ones they send to the US.

jalcala

Orlando Area
The left one is a temperature gauge, by the look of it (oil?): are the other two torque and boost? If so, then S. Korea has different looking gauges than the ones they send to the US.
That's what I am thinking.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
Exactly, oil temp., torque, and boost.

Jayphil

View attachment 53996
First drive in the snow! I was impressed. All seasons and AWD performed great, never even spun a tire (even in a couple inches of snow on unkept side roads, not pictured).

AWD with LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and proper winter tires will surely make a great winter performer! Be sure still to drive safe since AWD and LSD (Limited Slip Differential) will make you accelerate faster but not make you brake faster though!

Also of course camera/sensor will not work most of the time in snowy weather and like you said it is best like this. I am hoping that the threshold to desactive those technology is well set so that when activited it will work 100% of the time and not fall on you the rare time you would need it.