kia stinger store

KDM 2021 Stinger GT: my new car has arrived

Blue Bucket

South Korea
Finally got the car! First thoughts:

Bi-modal exhaust: I couldn't tell a difference at idle (more testing to come) very noticable difference on the highway. Louder and deeper tone. I think it sounds great for a stock exhaust.

Sequential turn signals: badass.

Center monitor: big, bright, and pretty easy to navigate.

Cluster monitor: awesome having the boost gauge, the side car view with the blinker is also really cool.

Parking: It doesnt feel big on the road, but it does when parking. Everyone back-in parks here, it took me a couple tries to get the angle right to park. The tilting mirrors and 360 camera help.

Idle stop and go: actually not as horrible as everyone around here makes it seem. Although Im surprised its not deactivated in sport mode.

Gas pedal: outside of sport mode and reverse, if feels like i have to push the pedal quite far to do anything. I think I will have a hard time driving out of sport mode.

HUD: really cool, hope its adjustable. The top is getting cutoff because i'm tall.

Break in period: can't wait for it to be over, but this thing is fun even staying below 4k.

Now, I just need to find an owners manual in English I have a lot more testing to do!

Blueangel

Finally got the car! First thoughts:

Bi-modal exhaust: I couldn't tell a difference at idle (more testing to come) very noticable difference on the highway. Louder and deeper tone. I think it sounds great for a stock exhaust.

Sequential turn signals: badass.

Center monitor: big, bright, and pretty easy to navigate.

Cluster monitor: awesome having the boost gauge, the side car view with the blinker is also really cool.

Parking: It doesnt feel big on the road, but it does when parking. Everyone back-in parks here, it took me a couple tries to get the angle right to park. The tilting mirrors and 360 camera help.

Idle stop and go: actually not as horrible as everyone around here makes it seem. Although Im surprised its not deactivated in sport mode.

Gas pedal: outside of sport mode and reverse, if feels like i have to push the pedal quite far to do anything. I think I will have a hard time driving out of sport mode.

HUD: really cool, hope its adjustable. The top is getting cutoff because i'm tall.

Break in period: can't wait for it to be over, but this thing is fun even staying below 4k.

Now, I just need to find an owners manual in English I have a lot more testing to do!
I had the same experience with the gas pedal. Installed windbooster and lag decreased tremendously. Definitely recommended. Congrats!!

Blue Bucket

South Korea

SafetyPilotCal

Even aiming the HUD down the top gets cut off? Compared to some HUD setups, the one in the Stinger seems to cope with people of all heights pretty well. You must be nearly hitting the headliner lol

Manchuz

GTA
Is the instrument panel all digital or a mix of digital and analog? Nice to see that the blind spot camera made it into this car. I’d love to retrofit that and the 10.25” screen if possible. Probably not though.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
Even aiming the HUD down the top gets cut off? Compared to some HUD setups, the one in the Stinger seems to cope with people of all heights pretty well. You must be nearly hitting the headliner lol
So it is adjustable then? I didnt have a chance to play with it yet. Yes, my head is maybe an inch from the roof with the seat as low as possible (why I went no sunroof).
Is the instrument panel all digital or a mix of digital and analog? Nice to see that the blind spot camera made it into this car. I’d love to retrofit that and the 10.25” screen if possible. Probably not though.
Analog tach, speedo, gas and temp. Digital oil temp, torque (?), and boost if selected in the middle monitor. Not sure what other things it can do. It looks really nice.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW

Jayphil

Interesting gauge cluster, very different from the US spec LCD display.
What do you mean by very different? It is physically the came but they added aluminum around and maybe new graphics / blind spot monitor in the same exact supervision display.

Blue Bucket

South Korea
2019-kia-stinger-gt-torque-meter.jpg
Is this what it looks like for USDM?

My boost gauge only goes to 20 :*(

SafetyPilotCal

So it is adjustable then? I didnt have a chance to play with it yet. Yes, my head is maybe an inch from the roof with the seat as low as possible (why I went no sunroof).

Yeah, in the gauge cluster menu you can adjust the HUD. I forget what the section is called.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
What do you mean by very different? It is physically the came but they added aluminum around and maybe new graphics / blind spot monitor in the same exact supervision display.
I am referring to the three circular LCD gauges between the Speedometer and Tach.

Blue Bucket

South Korea

Blue Bucket

South Korea
20210112_160418.jpg
First drive in the snow! I was impressed. All seasons and AWD performed great, never even spun a tire (even in a couple inches of snow on unkept side roads, not pictured).

Only thing that caught me off gaurd was the radar being blocked by snow and the collision system turning off. Probably for the best anyway.

Last edited: