Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

It's all messed up, JB4 map 2 stock gapped, with intakes only.

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Kia Stinger Tuning Forum' started by Scott Curry, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Scott Curry

Scott Curry United States Active Member

Yeah that was plugged in, but does the engine have to be turned off? I'm gathering it does that is how it an external obe code reader works you don't turn the vehicle on you just put it to the accessories I'm sure this probably works the same way can't read the codes unless it's an accessories and not turned on.

2. Gtecko

Gtecko Canada Active Member

that is most likely the issue ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Toddasaurus

Toddasaurus United States Active Member

It may very well be; but it's all speculation until verified by removing the JB4 and seeing if it runs well. There's a chance he didn't install the JB4 correctly, or even the o2 harness extensions were wired incorrectly during fabrication so it's getting a bad signal for the fuel wires.

4. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

5. Scott Curry

Yeah well it seemed to run good for the first maybe hundred miles after that is what I noticed the power seemed to be a little down, then the searching on the gears seem to be a factor, but now what I think it was doing was misfiring and then shifting gears or downshifting because of the misfire. I did send them a map 0 and map 1 last night so hopefully they will see it this morning.

6. Scott Curry

Dear Lord that didn't make any sense what I wrote there. What I meant to say was they are stock Gap stock plugs, I ran it in map to I only have K&N intakes

7. Gtecko

what was the gap you made for the stock plugs ? Did you do it yourself ?

8. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Scott Curry

What I was saying I have not touched the plugs at all. I installed the jb4, and O2 sensor wires. And that is it

10. Scott Curry

Yes I am crossing my fingers that is the only problem.

11. Gtecko

well yes that is what I was saying earlier .......................... if you just have stock plugs, not gapped, you will get misfires. I would not try even map 1 with your stock plug.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Scott Curry

Got it

13. Scott Curry

So why is there 3 wires and 3 prongs on the harness side that runs to the OBDll yet only the two wires on the plug-in portion that goes into the jb4, and yes you can plug it in multiple ways it's a square so it will go in the wrong way somebody like to tell me why this isn't mentioned anywhere as to how these are supposed to be plugged in?

Attached Files:

14. Terry@BMS

Terry@BMS United States 1000 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor

15. Scott Curry

Ok got it, thanks!!

16. Intelliburn

Intelliburn United States Member

I removed everything this week and my stinger ran perfect. I then reinstalled everything including fuel-it sensor and no problems. ‘Everything removed’ is the best way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Scott Curry

I did the same and my car barely ran. It was my plugs, new gapped denso's from Burger and everything runs perfect now. No hiccups, transmission.searchimg, power loss, all of it was because of these piece of shit stock plugs. I really thought it was something else, I had no idea plugs could cause so much problems. The first 100 miles must have actually caused them damage. Because even back to map 0 and having the jb4 removed the car would barely run after that.

18. Intelliburn

19. Intelliburn

Yeah those Densos make a world of difference for sure... sounds like you got everything squared away!

• Like Like x 1
  20. cncBilly

cncBilly Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Your piece of :poop: stock plugs would have worked fine gapped properly.:thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted