Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Issue Number SA333 - 2018 Check Automatic Transmission Fluid Warmer Connector

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 20, 2018.

1. dudpete

dudpete United States Newish Member

Still in the shop. They don't believe that it is the Automatic Transmission Fluid Warmer Connector. Couldn't find any coolant leaks. They have been in contact with Kia and have replaced the high speed fuel pump. They also took fuel samples to send to Kia. I had mentioned that my turn signal didn't always cancel, especially after a left turn. They checked, but didn't find a problem. However, when I checked the status of my car yesterday they had ordered and installed a new turn signal module. Found that in fact the left signal did not always cancel. Want to carefully check everything before they return the car. They did give me a new Nissan Rouge as a loaner. Think that I should be getting my Stinger back today. Am impressed that they are being very careful to make sure everything is working well. Will keep you posted.

2. DigitalGuru18

DigitalGuru18 United States Active Member

Wonder if it is sonething mechanical or electronic? Hopefully they get the proper diagnosis. Best of luck. Good thing you got a loaner since it’s been like a week.

3. dudpete

dudpete United States Newish Member

Got my car back today. They said it was the high speed fuel pump that failed and which they replaced. I've been driving it all afternoon and so far so good. Took it in on Friday and brought it home today. The Kia factory person that they consulted with was not available until Monday and they took care of a couple minor issues too, so all in all I happy with their service and how quickly it was done.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DigitalGuru18

Good deal. Have a great weekend.

5. jmnaz30

jmnaz30 United States Newish Member

i have a coolant smell, but it seems to have resolved itself. 2100 miles on it.

6. Dspec 1

Dspec 1 Canada Member

Mine resolved itself too. I never feel great though when an engine fixes itself. Usually shows up somewhere else.

7. DigitalGuru18

Well wouldn’t you know just yesterday I had a brief hesitation when leaving my driveway. Today it was more than a hesitation. It was full bucking like a wild horse trying to be tamed. Have an appt for 3pm today. Guessing it is the infamous 2.0 high speed fuel pump. Hopefully won’t get stranded on the 10 mile drive to the dealer. If so, more cost to Kia. Very disappointing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SOCAL2.0

SOCAL2.0 United States Member

It would be nice if they put a tiny decal in the engine compartment that says XXX TSB was performed/checked and the date. Then an informed consumer could check. I smell nothing so I am not worried but curious if my Stinger was checked!

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: