Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Issue Number SA333 - 2018 Check Automatic Transmission Fluid Warmer Connector

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  2. GregM

GregM United States Member

3. robz32

robz32 United States 2500 Posts Club! Authorized Vendor Texas Stinger Swarm

4. BAM

BAM United States Member

My car was serviced for this and the week before it was fixed the car would almost stall, definitely not accelerate, especially when cold. Almost got in an accident trying to accelerate out into traffic and car just stuck in about 3k rpms, slowed down instead of speeding up no matter how much I pressed the gas. bmw almost hit me, very scary. It’s running much better once serviced but I still feel it runs a little jerky, not sure if that’s how it’s suppose to run.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. GregM

Did they say what it was?
    I have the 2.0 Premium as well and no issues with the engine so far.

6. BAM

BAM United States Member

It’s believed to have been related to this TSB and it seems to have resolved it. Definitely check with your local dealer. I’m not sure if it was vehicles manufactured at a certain date or for all.

7. Killa200

Killa200 United States Active Member

SA333

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club!

From the TSB this is only for the 2.0.

I didn’t see anything mentioning the 3.3 unless I missed something.

• Like Like x 1
  9. GregM

Thanks for sharing the details.
    See, this is why I don’t trust the service department of the dealership that was supposed to perform this update to my car. Two reasons:
    I checked under the hood and there is no sign that anything was done (usually you can see if someone’s hands went there)
    The service receipt paper says it was performed but under “time spent” it says “zero hours” while the other operations such as oil change clearly say they actually spent time doing it.
    Anyway there is no way it took them a minute to perform all the steps described in this TB.

10. DaJackson

DaJackson United States 1000 Posts Club!

Check the very bottom of the PDF, it mentions how the work should be billed.

I’m not exactly sure how the dealer shows that on the invoice but I can see how the quantity of 0 shows up as 0 hours of work.

11. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Thank you very much! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dspec 1

Dspec 1 Active Member

Wonder if this is also why I have a strong coolant smell on my 3.3? Thinking it should be expanded to the 3.3.

13. A Member Who Left

A Member Who Left United States Active Member

Figured I would investigate the open SA’s on my 2.0 vehicle, so I made an appt with Paramount Kia Asheville. Just left there. They took the car in and said that neither SA333 nor SA324 showed up as being “open” items to replace based on the VIN. So I asked them why did Kia request all vehicles on their lot be “fixed” according to SA333? No answer. So, based on what the dealer just told me, that it was either fixed “at the port” or at their dealership before I bought it, must mean I have nothing to worry about. It seems to me that they were clueless regarding these two items. They were very aware of the hatchback rattle issue though and knew how to fix it. I’ve not had that issue since I backed out the two bumpers about a quarter turn each. On the ATF warmer connection, I guess I just wait for it to go if it is going to go as they could offer no proof that it ever truly had been “fixed”.

14. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Doesn’t really evoke confidence when consumers are better informed than the dealerships serving the consumers, particularly as it pertains to service items.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. A Member Who Left

Couldn’t agree more. That was part of the reason I went back to where I bought it......to see how their service dept would react. The guy had to read the SA’s right from my phone. Overall, they did a little better than I really expected (promptness, attitude, etc) even given their apparent lack of hard information. We are informed consumers these days and Kia better wake up and smell the coffee. On a side note, as I walked to the waiting area, I passed by a morning meeting with all of sales in it. I heard the guy leading the meeting say “now if a customer walks in saying something like that, how are you suppose to react”. I will give them credit for trying. Kia Asheville is one of the largest dealers in the entire state of NC.

16. Killa200

Killa200 United States Active Member

Few things working against the dealer on issues like this:

1) Almost everything has gone computerized, to the point where essentially they plug in their diagnostic system, and via VIN scrape it tells them what SA numbers are open for the car. Only negative there is it's not telling them what's SA codes are NOT open... It treats this as sort of a "here's your to-do list for this car" and not a historical list of actions that have taken place. Elsewhere Kia does keep track of what's been done to a particular VIN, however, and given the bit of kit in the service bay has to stay on the internet new a days a remote database scrape to tell service techs that information right away would be great. (Looks like this would be a collaboration with snap-on, as they are heavily involved in the service gear for Kia).

2) A very large lack of communication about the Stinger itself. The car is very new still, and even worse is limited in stock. That plays terribly on the service department as no one is getting these things in for repair to get experience on compared to, for instance, the optima line up.

3) Kia's under performing dealership presence as a whole. Kia could do wonders as a company by infusing a little more resources into their dealerships, both in the means of literature, marketing, and training. This is an area where a little goes a long way.

Now none of this gives them the excuse not to be informed. These bulletins go out to damn near anyone that's close to the service department so they should be aware of them. But at this stage of the game it's almost like coming into work and being told "hey, whatever you do don't turn the lights on over in this building" but that building is somewhere you never visit since you have worked there. How long will you remember not to do that when it's something you never have the opportunity to "not do".

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hung tran

Hung tran United States Active Member

I'm a kia technician SA333 is only for the 2.0 turbo with a vin range and production date listed in the service action. It is also listed under TSB for vin that does not fall in the recall and they can still fix the vehicle under the same op code to get paid. So if your running into that problem just tell them there is a TSB for that concern. I have not seen one yet at my dealership.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  18. GregM

Why does the client have to "tell them" what they have to do?
    I understand telling your dealership that your trunk rattle (it's something you can hear) but telling them that there is a potential leak of ATF fluid and, consequently a risk of fire?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. A Member Who Left

So today in the mail I got a $50 Visa card from Kia from my visit to the dealer about the SA333 issue I mentioned above that they knew nothing about. This was a surprise so I give them kudos equally when I give them grief. The card with it said something about me experiencing a bump in the road early on with my car and Kia wants me to know that they care. So now I am wondering if I can go back and complain about the other TSB’s and SA’s that are out there and get enough to start funding a decent set of tires? Lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Hung tran

Hung tran United States Active Member

Most tech dont look for TSB or look anything up.

• Like Like x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: