Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Issue Number SA333 - 2018 Check Automatic Transmission Fluid Warmer Connector

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger TSB Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

At the Acura dealership I go to for my other vehicle they look it up every time it’s brought in for a service of any kind. When I pay they tell me my TSB / recall status.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GregM

GregM United States Member

So if they don't look for TSB what do they do?
    An oil change and hand the bill to the client?
    The ONLY reason to maintain a car at a dealership is for them to check and fix any existing TSB and perform any necessary updates recommended by the manufacturer. Otherwise there is zero reasons to even go to a dealership for maintenance.

3. Hung tran

Hung tran United States Active Member

If you don't let them know the concern and your in for and oil change then they would not know.

4. GregM

Thank you for reminding everybody why dealerships are useless.
    When a customer shows up for scheduled maintenance, the dealership service department should not only perform the maintenance but also check TSB's and fix if necessary without customer input.
    I can look up TSB's myself and so can the members of this forum.
    Now how is the random customer with no automotive related knowledge supposed to know?

5. Hung tran

If there in for a concern related to the TSB. A good tech will look for TSB or anutbing related to the concern.

6. GregM

Hung, I understand what you're saying but tell me how is the grandma who has no idea what's under the hood of her car supposed to know there is a "TSB" related to this or that?

Let me give you an example (related to the SA333 actually):
    If the ATF fluid starts leaking, it can spill on hot parts of the engine and catch fire.
    Grandma has bought a brand new Stinger and takes it in for service.
    No one at the dealership checks if there are any existing TSB and grandma doesn't' even know what a TSB is.
    She leaves the dealership after service and her car catches on fire and she had no "concern" to share with the service department since the car was not displaying any particular signs of imminent failure.
    See the issue with this passive attitude you're describing?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  7. Hung tran

I understand were your coming from. As a tech we cant do any repair to the TSB unless there is a line in the work order. Yes we check everything and if we see there is no leak or anything out of line. There is nothing we can do. There is so much we can do on our end.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A Member Who Left

A Member Who Left United States Active Member

Every dealer I’ve gone to......Hyundai, Toyota, Honda and Subaru mainly......always look up any open issues, from TSBs to recalls. That IS their job as service MANAGERS. The techs will do what they are instructed. Why Kia cannot seem to connect these dots is beyond me. Hyundai has done extremely well for me.

9. Luminary

Luminary United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

My experience with KIA (7 total KIA's over the years) when I take my cars in have always been positive. Previously with my Optima, the Rio and now my Stinger, when I drop it off for service, the first thing the Service manager does is looks up for any open orders. I have never had to ask them to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hung tran

If there is a recall under the vin. They do a vin check in the system for and open recall.

11. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Of course, the "techs" don't check for TSBs - that's not their job. The car should be checked for TSBs BEFORE it lands in the hands of the technicians working on the car...

12. Hung tran

TSB is not consider a recall

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. KEJ

KEJ United States Newish Member

I just received the gift card too, except I haven't taken my car in for service yet. I do have the hatch rattle and intend to have it checked at my oil change. Are they sending these to early VINs?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hung tran

Id dont know. We have had some come in and dont have a recall on it but there is also a TSB for it.

15. A Member Who Left

Wow, that IS strange if you've not been in for service or back to the dealer yet. Mine was built in November I think but would hace to check.

16. KEJ

KEJ United States Newish Member

The only other thing I can think of is I called the Stinger VIP line to correct the spelling of my name.

17. dudpete

dudpete United States Newish Member

My new Stinger 2.0T Premium is headed back to the dealer on a flat-bed tow truck. I suspect it might be related to this thread. Drove it almost 2,000 miles, but in the last few days has started running poorly. Gas mileage dropped way down and today would barely run and got the check engine light with message "possible engine control system malfunction". Waiting to hear back from the dealer. They fixed my hatch rattle, but it seems to be coming back. Otherwise, I love the car.

• Like Like x 1
  18. A Member Who Left

Sorry to hear of your troubles but do keep us posted with the diagnosis and outcome. Hopefully all will be well. Best of luck to you.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. dudpete

dudpete United States Newish Member

Thanks. As soon as I know what's up I will post it here.

20. A Member Who Left

Hey dudpete........how’s the car??

Draft saved Draft deleted
Tags: