• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
kia stinger store

Is anyone running the Unichip plug and play Tune ?

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
So I have just placed an order for an MY20 GT (with Bimodal Exhaust upgrade) hopefully I pick it up middle Jan sometime, have been doing some research into Mods/Upgrades and have looked at the JB4, Unichip as well as HPF.. I am in Perth, so this rules out HPF (as they don't have any association outside of Victoria) guess my question would be, is what are my Options here in WA?
Will be going down the route of the Typhoon KN Pods, from what I am reading here on this thread, it would seem that the Unichip is the preferred option?
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia
So I have just placed an order for an MY20 GT (with Bimodal Exhaust upgrade) hopefully I pick it up middle Jan sometime,from what I am reading here on this thread, it would seem that the Unichip is the preferred option?
Any advice is appreciated.
Cheers

Welcome Pumbaa. I wish you the best of luck in receiving your car in the middle of January. I’m not a tuner but if you’re considering tuning your car I wouldn’t limit my reading to this thread. There is a whole sub-forum devoted to this topic and that would be a good place to spend your time whilst waiting for the goodies to arrive.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
Ok so I'm still a a bit of a loss.. when I finally get my new Toy (hopefully mid January) it will already have the Bi-Modul Exhaust fitted, I have also already ordered the Typhoon K&N CAI's, so if I'm reading all of this correct, the UNICHIP mod requires a Dyno run before and after instillation to make sure it is tweaked correctly to your particular car? (even though they advertise it as a "Plug n Play") sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just trying to understand the in's and out's..

Hally83

Australia
Ok so I'm still a a bit of a loss.. when I finally get my new Toy (hopefully mid January) it will already have the Bi-Modul Exhaust fitted, I have also already ordered the Typhoon K&N CAI's, so if I'm reading all of this correct, the UNICHIP mod requires a Dyno run before and after instillation to make sure it is tweaked correctly to your particular car? (even though they advertise it as a "Plug n Play") sorry if it's a dumb question, I'm just trying to understand the in's and out's..

You can get the Unichip with the base maps for a lower price. Or for a higher price (around $2300) they will actually custom tune it to your car on the Dyno. And also give u before and after Dyno runs.

I'd suggest having the CAIs fitted at the same time or before the Unichip is fitted so they can incorporate that into the tune.

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia

Aussie member @Hemz had one fitted a while back. You could try hitting him up for some specific info.

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia
You can get the Unichip with the base maps for a lower price. Or for a higher price (around $2300) they will actually custom tune it to your car on the Dyno. And also give u before and after Dyno runs.

I'd suggest having the CAIs fitted at the same time or before the Unichip is fitted so they can incorporate that into the tune.
Thanks mate, yes I will be fitting the CAI's as soon as I get the vehicle and then will get the UNICHIP fitted and a Dyno run done

ShannonC

1000 Posts Club!
Yeah I've been hitting up Unichips abit doing prepurchase research. Still deciding whether the Stinger actually needs that much more power lol. In the meantime I'm placing an order for a Jonny Tig intake to quench my thirst for awhile...
Mate, tell us a bit about where you are and your Stinger. I'm 50/50 about Unichip and ask myself what would I do with the the extra power in normal driving.

Hally83

Australia
Mate, tell us a bit about where you are and your Stinger. I'm 50/50 about Unichip and ask myself what would I do with the the extra power in normal driving.

I'm in Sydney. All my previous cars have been heavily modified, but I bought the Stinger to get away from all that. Kinda wanted a car that I can enjoy stock with maybe a few things added to make it mine. Have also got the Bi-Modal exhaust.

Have done a few things to it mainly cosmetic.

Full front STEK DynoShield Paint Protection Film
Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra topped with EXO V4 ceramic coating.
Wrapped the roof in DynoBlack PPF (alot more glossier than black vinyl)
Black Stinger badge for the rear from import shark
Black rear GT badge and front Stinger badge
Maxton Design gloss black spoiler

Pumbaa

Perth, Australia

Azza Jarvis

Newish Member
Sydney, NSW
Gonna treat myself to an xmas Unichip seems like only positive feedback from the members that have one!!!

Few Q’s

Is the latest Unichip with Bluetooth called the Q4?
Best fitters for Sydney? (I’ve got a quote off Tunehouse Marrickville $2.4k)

might go for a high flow air intake filter also, again and reccos?

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Gonna treat myself to an xmas Unichip seems like only positive feedback from the members that have one!!!

Few Q’s

Try Castle Hill Performance or Blakehurst Automotive, both are Unichip agents.

Reldas

Few Q’s

dont go to tunehouse, i took my 370z there and they half assed the tune and my friend took his supercharged 86 there and they fucked up the tune badly.