kia stinger store

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Mike_TX

Stinger Enthusiast
North Texas
My Pathfinder has a design flaw. It uses a stupid stick to keep the hood up instead of a hydrolic strut. Other companies have figured this out.
OMG, are you serious? What were the engineers thinking??? I'd get rid of that dinosaur as fast as possible before someone gets hurt.

adauria

Here's a discovery... the nav system tells you about traffic lights with red-light cameras!

20210609_113614.jpg

Definitely such an improvement over my previous car's nav (2013 Hyundai Genesis) that I haven't even had to play around with Android Auto yet in the 9 days I've had the car. I also think the Bluetooth works really well. Between that and the nav system, I might never use Android Auto (at least not until they enable the rumored hidden feature to allow it wirelessly in the 2022s).

-Andrew

Crisis

Saskatoon, SK
This may have been mentioned somewhere in the previous 91 pages but was a new discovery to me after 3 years of ownership.

Found out that if you unlock your doors but don't open them, the doors will re-lock them selves. This in itself is not that concerning. The interesting part is that the automatic hatch opening is only enabled when the doors are locked. Again, not a problem. When it becomes a problem is when you unlock your doors so that you can set your takeout food on the hatch while you stand there and eat it outside. After a few minutes the doors re-lock, the lights begin to flash, the car starts beeping and the hatch begins to open, making you and your very confused friend scramble to remove your food and beverages from the hatch before they get tossed onto the roof or ground.

Yeah, I know I'm a Neanderthal for putting food and drink cups on the car, but chill out - it's only a car and will suffer far worse things than that through its lifetime.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Did you know that if you push the media button while in reverse that it moves to the next media option? For instance, if I am using USB and push media while in reverse it moves to "app", which is Sounds of Nature; push media again and it goes to Bluetooth (which in my case plays nothing; I have no idea why the media button in reverse does not also go to Sirius XM or FM radio, it just doesn't). If this was a thing before the NAV/media update I couldn't say, because I only discovered this "feature" a couple of days ago.

G

G-331068

Adaptive cruise control cannot be switched off to act as old-fashioned cruise control (unfortunately).

Also, if you turn off traction control, adaptive cruise will not activate.
Yes you can disable it. Enable cruise, then long press on the distance button to disable smart feature. The cruise control will act as an old fashion one.

shoengine

Did you know that if you push the media button while in reverse that it moves to the next media option? For instance, if I am using USB and push media while in reverse it moves to "app", which is Sounds of Nature; push media again and it goes to Bluetooth (which in my case plays nothing; I have no idea why the media button in reverse does not also go to Sirius XM or FM radio, it just doesn't). If this was a thing before the NAV/media update I couldn't say, because I only discovered this "feature" a couple of days ago.
Hmm, doesn't it seem like it should move to the previous media option? :p

shoengine

Well, the stereo can be muted while backing, so there is some sort of connection there.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Not sure what your point is here.
I'm not sure either. :p The muted volume of music playing while in reverse seems a separate, safety feature. It doesn't seem like a connection to cycling through media options.

rpoffen

California
Did you all know that in the radio function, if you have SiriusXM stations in your presets, that if you then go into the channel list menu item, you can enable those presets to record from the moment the car is started. Then when you switch between those stations, you can skip backwards and forwards through all the songs since the car was started even though you weren’t listening to them? The attached pics show how to set it up.

Attachments

• 17C986B0-F85D-4F11-B624-8AD8A1F8E4E7.jpeg
    17C986B0-F85D-4F11-B624-8AD8A1F8E4E7.jpeg
    176.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 39A54611-C543-4350-B45A-17CA6B63F031.jpeg
    39A54611-C543-4350-B45A-17CA6B63F031.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 20
  • F29D1669-25BD-4DF3-A82C-D0E73FEC3D41.jpeg
    F29D1669-25BD-4DF3-A82C-D0E73FEC3D41.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 20

Wilzer

I found the 2022 is still plagued with the ridiculously low limit on number of MP3 files on USB.
Check your USB flash drive to see if it is formatted as FAT 16 or FAT 32 or NTFS. FAT limits the number of files but the limit for NTFS is much greater, never have reached it on a USB flash drive, would have to be about 3 TB to reach limit, I think, at least that's what I get on SSD HDDs

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.

JamesNoBrakes

North
Check your USB flash drive to see if it is formatted as FAT 16 or FAT 32 or NTFS. FAT limits the number of files but the limit for NTFS is much greater, never have reached it on a USB flash drive, would have to be about 3 TB to reach limit, I think, at least that's what I get on SSD HDDs
Yeah, I literally have thousands on mine.

Grump

Ontario, Canada
Few more discoveries this week....

If the auto-wipers are going fast enough the auto-headlights will turn on, even if its still pretty bright out.

If you have the ebrake on, seatbelt unbuckled, and try to put it in reverse, the car will tell you to buckle your seatbelt first before allowing reverse. (having troubles reproducing this but got a full warning screen about it this week, will try to snap a pic next time).

If you unbuckle your seatbelt, open the door, and leave it in drive.... the car will roll a few feet before automatically slamming the ebrake on. It then demands you put it in park then drive before you can apply throttle again. Found this out when I stopped in my laneway, unbuckled and popped my door to roll up to a marker on the ground.