Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Interesting Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by corradoMR2, Jan 21, 2018.

1. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I discovered that when you go from listening from Spotify to Google music our HK system becomes much much more crisp and solid, I am amazed how awesome the HK sound system sounds on Google music, don't know why...Now on google music sounds as good as the BO system on my other car. A192419_full.jpg

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

The source is everything. On my HK headphones, I was intrigued at the difference in what you call "solid" and a lack of that, or fullness. The difference was in the original recordings, the lacking one being an mp3 off a vinyl record. The industry standard has of course gotten better. That is analogue difference, of course. Compressed digital files are not going to sound equal but if augmented by ClariFi they can get close. It would be interesting to test the differences in your sources with ClariFii on and off, and see if it makes Spotify and Google more on a par with each other.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! Texas Stinger Swarm

Check your settings in Spotify. Quality is an option. I don't stream Spotify, I download my selections and have the quality set highest (128GB phone storage).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Yeah it was the settings now sound is awesome! Feel so dumb I didn' t know you can modify sound quality in Spotify, thanks guys!

• Like Like x 1
  5. cornpop1

cornpop1 United States Newish Member

Not sure if posted already, but I noticed when the passenger seats are down, the exhaust is much more pronounced
    I do have SSR Downpipes... but yea, way more growly and you can even hear the gurgles a little better as you let off the gas and come to a red light.

6. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia Stinger Enthusiast

A GPS Altimeter.
    20190315_103217.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. Svet

Svet United States Member

I feel the system is highly resolving especially for being a stock car stereo. I feel it is very detailed and sounds wonderful. My listening is primarily through XM Sirius and the Tidal app on hi fi settings. A resolving system shows the warts of a bad recording/broadcast. As such, you will get crap at the output if the input is subpar. The FM radio stations here sound awful in that car. I have a GT 2 and I love the sound system. I am a bit of an audio/home theater buff and I spend hours a week listening to music at home. The HK in the Stinger makes me smile too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. rocket23

rocket23 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Just think it's a little odd.....the two switches right next to each other (parking sensor/auto shut off) Are complete opposites in function.....parking sensor with light emitted =on, while auto 0ff with light emitting means system disengaged or off

• Agree Agree x 2
Draft saved Draft deleted