That is (perhaps temporarily) good news!So, update after 2.200 km with the new ECU. I've just been to the dealer for a follow-up and the data shows that the car has successfully made at least one regeneration since the ECU change. Before that, it had never made one without the error light coming on in the dashboard.
They recorded the data and sent it to KIA. They consider the regeneration problem solved but asked me to keep the car under observation.
While driving, I haven't noticed any other stuttering or interruptions, which had become very noticeable before the ECU change (while the car was attempting regeneration). Still, when the engine is cold there are still rpm variations but not nearly as bad as before (the video from my previous post). The KIA engineer mentioned that this cold start problem is still under revision at KIA and another future version of the software might make it even smoother. Don't know.
As for the fuel consumption from my ski trip, going there I drove pretty fast, with a lot of overtakes (many 80-130 accelerations) and 130-150km/h on the highway (about 50% of the way). The consumption was 9,3. My friend with a Golf MK6 GTI got a 9, under the same conditions.
Coming back there was heavier traffic so we were much more relaxed. Same speed on the highway but very few overtakes and overall speed was much lower. Consumption was 7,8 (the GTI got a 7,6). Overall it was 8,6. I am very satisfied with this.
View attachment 54937
I've had 3 cold starts the last 5 days but the weirdness didn't really occur.
Hi! I only now noticed your message. I'm sorry!
Hi,And to answer your last post:
Yes, whole ECU. I put a picture of the actual part they installed in a previous post.
That was the only thing they replaced. It took 20 min. But, as I know the ECU was specifically coded for my car at the factory because they took the SN of my previous ECU and sent it to KIA about a month before the new ECU came.
My VIN no is: KNAE351ABK6046847
The dealer is the official Kia Romania importer: MIT Motors International
And just so you know, it took about 6 months from the moment I specifically explained the problem, with videos, and with my lawyer in the email exchange, to get the car finally fixed.
They first replaced spark plugs, then GPF temperature sensors and lastly the fuel injectors. Nothing fixed it. Only the new ECU.