Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by iclicku, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Oh I so hope that is not the case. :)

2. STIinger

STIinger United States Newish Member

Wow look at all these NoVA Stinger owners having fun. I can't wait to join :)
    My neighbor has a black GT2 but that's the only one I've seen so far.
    I am usually on 28 or 50 so if you spy a random blue STI waiving at you that's me.

3. Bear

Bear United States Active Member

My wife has never been into cars, but all of a sudden seems to be. She has been mentioning that we should have a DC/MD/NoVA meetup of Stingers. Not sure if there was enough of us out there yet.

Hurry up and get your Stinger...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Luminary

Luminary United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

I am in for that! :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Issue Number SA322 - Rattle Noise from Tailgate

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. STIinger

STIinger United States Newish Member

Ok who was this? Haha 20180131_155629.jpg

7. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

I'd bet that's @StingerGTandMe's buddy.

Edit: Never mind. I think he's in CA, not VA.

8. Luminary

You know it is not me, I am in Micro Blue. Just picked her up from the dealership and I am happy to report, hatch rattle GONE! They did a great job, and now I have my remote start too. I am one very happy camper. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. ralzod

ralzod United States Active Member

Do you happen to know which TSB they applied? Word is that SA322 has been superseded with a newer/better one.

Can you also read the remote starter thread, and add any comments you find relevant, if any?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Luminary

Honestly I do not know. I can email Scott at the dealership and see if he can tell which TSB they applied.

I am right in the middle of making dinner for the rugrats, but will do that as soon as I can. :)

11. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Saw a Ceramic Silver in a driveway on a street in Fairfax, not too far from Fairfax KIA when I went to test drive the 2.0T. It almost looks like the Nardo Grey on the Audi. That's one of the colors I would want as it comes with the red interior, need a change from black, really looking for a brown though, hope they bring that color here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luminary

Wow, Scott responds fast...

His response:
    "It was not a TSB, it was a Service Action "SA322 RATTLE NOISE FROM TAILGATE". A Service Action is similar to a recall, but it is not a safety issue, so people won't receive a letter about it. Dealerships will see them on the "WebDCS" page based on each individual car's VIN. We just got our kits in this past week, so hopefully everyone else will be soon too!"

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jwhollan

jwhollan United States Active Member

Finally saw one! A red GT driving the opposite direction on the highway while I was driving home from work today.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Wedge

Wedge United States Member

Saw a black premium today at Target. First one I saw outside the dealership in north Georgia

• Like Like x 2
  15. STNGRNV

STNGRNV United States Active Member

Saw my second one this morning - red this time. The red looks really good in person.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. CO-bound

CO-bound United States Member

I finally saw one Friday night, a sweet black GT. I think I scared the poor lady when I honked and waved as I passed.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Luminary

Finally after almost 5 weeks in, finally saw a Micro Blue Premium driving down 66 West towards Gainsville at about 3:45 PM tonight. Came up behind me in the HOV lanes. Could have been my twin. Was pretty neat to see what my car looks like out on the road. I waved to them, but they just looked at me. Probably thought I was a loon. :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

First one I've seen headed west out of Neosho, Missouri today - white. Didn't see what model / trim, just a quick glance at the rear.

And that doesn't count the black GT2 AWD I was driving after the dealer insisted I drive it after I ordered my car from him. They are really proud of that car, as they should be. That would have been around 1:00 in Fayetteville, Arkansas.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CDv6

CDv6 United States Active Member

Hello everyone. I'm a relatively new owner (blue GT2 AWD, just crossed 800 miles). In the last week I've seen two Stingers on the road: a blue one near Shady Grove Road that appeared to be on a test drive (so maybe doesn't count), and a red GT w/tinted windows in Fairfax on Fair Lakes Parkway near the mall.

I've also had a few "contacts" from observers. A Mustang driver clocked me on the open highway for a bit, then gave the thumbs-up when I let him pass. Another driver pulled up beside me at the grocery store (with his family on-board) to comment on how he's a Mustang driver, but has been following the Stinger. Finally, a little old Asian lady approached me after I'd parked in front of a store she was exiting, said she liked the car, and wanted to know if it was fast.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

No reciprocal wave, then they should have keys taken off them ....maybe it was a dealer joy riding?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted