Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by iclicku, Dec 27, 2017.

1. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

HA! Went right over my head; I don't think I've ever seen Val Kilmer in a movie, drag or otherwise. :unsure:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Don't tell me you have never watched " Top Gun " , he was " ice man " and rather cute back then :)

3. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Whao! What a change! But that year I was immersed in a new job, saw maybe 3 movies, and never caught up. Oh, the things I've missed! (But then I was just old enough then that I thought all guys under 30 looked like babies. What a fool!)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

S.I.T.W drought broken today saw a Ceramic grey Heading west on lane cove rd North Ryde at 1.30pm. Looked goooord.

5. Iceman25c

Iceman25c United States Member

That was me! I offered up a toast with my morning soda. Cool to see you out there, your Stinger looks great!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I’ll join the Stinger Recovery Group. I was a year and a half out and 40 pounds down from my triple bypass (CABG). It’s been very therapeutic.

Is this the first confirmation we’ve got here? Wow! I keep trying too...

I had a weird double spot, today. Brought my Stinger in to Glendale Kia for the recall, today. Killed time, had lunch and was sitting in the waiting room when a familiar face walked in. He walked by me quickly so I wasn’t sure then he returned and BEN! Owner of a Panthera GT1 who I met after a Cars & Coffee when the guy I was talking too as the show was ending said, isn’t that like your car? It was I quickly said bye and drove next to him before he left and waved to acknowledge our cars. Been friends since and crossed paths today. Yes at a dealer but wow! I think Ben is on here, I know I told him. LOL.

41C41235-5D6A-4299-9EAC-3FB1BACAFD0F.jpeg Now for the in the wild...
    I’m driving home from the recall service, no new harness just the mod. I’m on the 405 South when what do I see a white GT. I catch up, pass and pull in front and turn on my newly modded four way flashers. We do some checking each other’s car out in light traffic then pull to the side and wave. Nice meeting you sir on the freeway, are you here? When the traffic got slower I was able to safely snag a photo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  7. sting me

sting me United States Member Sustaining Member +

Exchanged thumbs-ups with a guy in a black GT with black wheels on Trinity Mills just now. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mike_TX

Mike_TX United States Active Member

On the way to lunch last Sunday we passed two Stingers, within 10 minutes. A blue one and another black one.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ucinn

Ucinn United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Had a White one pull up behind me today getting off 129. We both turned on Hamilton Mason road. He turned into a sub division off HM..flashed hazards and he flashed brights as he turned off.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GRStinger

GRStinger United States Active Member

I had to go to Florida to do it :D , but finally saw my first TWO GT's in the wild. My wife and I were in the Ft. Myers area for a short winter break. Saw a Sunset Yellow in Cape Coral on Sunday, and a HiChroma Red as we came off 18th hole at Westminster golf club in Lehigh Acres on Monday. I've only seen one other one Stinger in my area: a silver 2.0 in October.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ozstung

Whilst driving to work today on the motorway I heard a reving from behind followed by a snap, crackle and pop, at first I thought it was a breakfast cereal:D but the I saw it was an Amg c63. He then got lost behind me somewhere caught up in traffic a while later I saw him howling up the inside late passing me with a white Stinger on his tail. I didn't get any plate number but I saw the rear Kia badge was intact.

Earlier on the same road I was being tail gated by another Merc, who then switched to inside lane, then back and finally sauntered past me , the elderly Male passenger eyed my car up and down as he moved off he kept looking. I didn't know a human neck could traverse that much. Incidentally they were in a newish E400.

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Ozstung

Well in that case you were going in the wrong direction, looked good nice crisp white and shiney. ( I missed my calling should have been in advertising?) Actually was only down the road from where I estimate ShannonC lives.

14. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Not me but I love pulling alongside or overtaking any AMG whilst I'm in sports mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I am currently searching for new employment, so last thursday i attended a job interview in Tullamarine, like 10 minutes away from home, after the interview as i exited the building there was a Snow White Pearl StingerGT, parked in an employee space, correct me if i'm wrong, was it you @Stinger GT SS who told me, you know someone with this colour Stinger working in the area ?

16. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

Yes it was me.

17. AV8R

18. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Stalker

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. AV8R

20. AV8R

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted