Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
Not the spotter, but the spottee. I had to drop off a package at the UPS store and when I was pulling in I heard someone exclaim "NICE! That's a Stinger GTS!" Must have been talking to his friend or something. Put a smile on my face for sure.
how many gts's are there, how many did they make. i love the gts. what have you done to yours?
edit: just found, 800.
what do the interiors looks like?

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
how many gts's are there, how many did they make. i love the gts. what have you done to yours?
800 Federation Orange "GTS" for the US, but less than 500 of those were D-AWD equipped.

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
800 Federation Orange "GTS" for the US, but less than 500 of those were D-AWD equipped.
are gt2 d-awd? how do you know what its equipped with. sorry for the noob question.
found a video about the gts, "is the 2020 kia stinger gts the ultimate stinger you can buy?" on youtube.

Last edited:

JUMBO PALACE

Central NJ
Yup, you and Merlin got the quantities right. The GTS is basically the base GT + the sun and sound and LSD (Limited Slip Differential). So, 8" screen, sunroof, Harmon Kardon, Nav. It also has a micro-suede (alcantara?) arm rest, wheel, and headliner. The AWD models have heated steering wheels as well.

There is a piece of me that feels like I should have shopped a little longer to get a GT1 with the slightly nicer interior (more leather) and some additional features. But of the Stingers I drove (including GT1 and GT2) I felt like my car drove the best and had most of the features I wanted. Plus it's Orange!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

JUMBO PALACE

Central NJ
are gt2 d-awd? how do you know what its equipped with. sorry for the noob question.
The defining feature of the GTS is the D-AWD that ties the amount of power sent to the rear wheels being determined by the drive mode.
Comfort mode = 60%
Sport mode = 80%
Drift mode = 100%
I don't know how a standard Stinger AWD system works; so I can't say how different this actually is.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
The defining feature of the GTS is the D-AWD that ties the amount of power sent to the rear wheels being determined by the drive mode.
Comfort mode = 60%
Sport mode = 80%
Drift mode = 100%
I don't know how a standard Stinger AWD system works; so I can't say how different this actually is.
love the cf accents. i agree with that guy in the video, they could made the interior not so plain. orange or white seats would have been sweet! and some orange stitching, different color accents here and there....

JUMBO PALACE

Central NJ
love the cf accents. i agree with that guy in the video, they could made the interior not so plain. orange or white seats would have been sweet! and some orange stitching, different color accents here and there....
I'm with you on the stitching- that would be a nice accent. Other than that though, the exterior is so loud I'm happy with the plain black interior :laugh:

I travel a lot for work and often have others in my car. The paint always gets a comment (sometimes positive, sometimes negative) so I like that the interior is all business.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Comfort mode = 60%
Sport mode = 80%
Drift mode = 100%
Wait a minute: are you saying that the knob somehow selects a dedicated "Drift mode"? I never heard. What I've seen online is that when you put it in Sport mode, and disengage TSC, i.e., engage launch control conditions, the ECU is programmed to send 100% of the power to the rear wheels IF you drive aggressively enough to warrant it: otherwise the power split remains like Sport, 80% rear.

JUMBO PALACE

Central NJ
Wait a minute: are you saying that the knob somehow selects a dedicated "Drift mode"? I never heard. What I've seen online is that when you put it in Sport mode, and disengage TSC, i.e., engage launch control conditions, the ECU is programmed to send 100% of the power to the rear wheels IF you drive aggressively enough to warrant it: otherwise the power split remains like Sport, 80% rear.
You are correct. The little GTS booklet that comes with the car calls it out as "Drift Mode", though Kia doesn't actually tie anything directly to the knob or even let you know in the gauge cluster or infotainment. How the car actually determines whether or not to send all 100% to the rear.... *shrug*

Apologies if I misrepresented anything. Not my intention!

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    680.5 KB · Views: 15

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Just saw this Aurora Black. I was in pole position, in Sport, and just before the light turned green this one came around the corner of 6200 South and headed south on Redwood Rd. Of course I blasted past like they were standing still and disappeared over the top of the hill, coasting down from c. 70 MPH toward the light at 7000 South. I took the first two pics just in case they were going to turn off Redwood at 7000, but they came slowly up and I moved into the middle lane and waited for the real shot. I went west on 7800 South and they went east (left) at the same place. I've checked what few Blacks I have that show plates and this is not a repeat.
DSCF1784.JPG DSCF1785.JPG stinger 167 redwood rd 7000 s.JPG

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

Stinger Enthusiast
Just saw this Aurora Black. I was in pole position, in Sport, and just before the light turned green this one came around the corner of 6200 South and headed south on Redwood Rd. Of course I blasted past like they were standing still and disappeared over the top of the hill, coasting down from c. 70 MPH toward the light at 7000 South. I took the first two pics just in case they were going to turn off Redwood at 7000, but they came slowly up and I moved into the middle lane and waited for the real shot. I went west on 7800 South and they went east (left) at the same place. I've checked what few Blacks I have that show plates and this is not a repeat.
View attachment 74714 View attachment 74715 View attachment 74713
if you drive around those areas, i bet we pass each other sometimes and dont even know it!:)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
^^^My "wild sightings" log says that I saw a '22 Ceramic Silver westbound on 78th South at c. 25th west, on 18Aug, at c. ten-forty in the morning (I was on my way to Wheel Werks). Could have been you? If you notice a Silky Silver around the SW side, it is 33% chance that it's mine, as I've only seen two other Silky Silvers the whole time, and one of them is a 2.0L.
if you drive around those areas, i bet we pass each other sometimes and dont even know it!:)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Fun(ny)! Yesterday, eastbound on 9000 South, waiting for the light at State Street, my wife and I saw the tail of a Micro Blue GT poking out on the west side of the Holiday/Chevron (SW corner of intersection): this morning I was trying to find on Google Maps the exact spot that we saw it (because a day later, I wasn't sure of the intersection), and while searching with "street view", there it is. :rofl: I guess this pretty much confirms that the owner works there, or goes there very frequently at least.

(I got the "wild sighting" number wrong on the Aurora Black a couple posts back; it was actually number 166, this Micro Blue is 167):
stinger 167 holiday 9000 s state st.jpg

Deviate

1000 Posts Club!
Venice, Florida
Fun(ny)! Yesterday, eastbound on 9000 South, waiting for the light at State Street, my wife and I saw the tail of a Micro Blue GT poking out on the west side of the Holiday/Chevron (SW corner of intersection): this morning I was trying to find on Google Maps the exact spot that we saw it (because a day later, I wasn't sure of the intersection), and while searching with "street view", there it is. :rofl: I guess this pretty much confirms that the owner works there, or goes there very frequently at least.

(I got the "wild sighting" number wrong on the Aurora Black a couple posts back; it was actually number 166, this Micro Blue is 167):
View attachment 74854
Stalker....

eljay

1000 Posts Club!
SoCal
Today at about 9:15 a.m., shiny white one westbound on Mar Vista crossing Colima in E. Whittier. I was in a friend's car, so no waves or flashing lights, and I only got a quick look. GT, I think?