Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Has anyone seen any Stingers in the wild?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by iclicku, Dec 27, 2017.

1. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

The first Stinger since early spring, or the first HCR since early spring? I have yet to see a Red anywhere outside the dealership.

2. Capecod

Capecod United States Active Member

both, last time I saw one was in the spring, this was the 1st red I’ve seen in person.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Spotted a Hi Chroma Red Stinger GT , exiting a car park and driving towards me at Melbourne Airport yesterday about mid afternoon, it really looked so awesome in that Hi Chroma Red, every time I spot a Stinger, it feels like it's the very first time I have ever seen one on the road..:):laugh::rofl:

4. Flameangel

Flameangel Australia 2500 Posts Club!

About 15 minutes ago, Snow White pearl with the blue decal stripe ( yes that one ) on the Bellerine hwy heading into town.

5. DCBStingerGT

Not that one again, each their own I guess..:rolleyes::)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Just discharged from the Hospital walk out of the driveway and the first vehicle i see is this shiny gem, summarily ignored by female occupant but guided her out of spot. Zero thanks.

20191204_121730.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. namja

namja Active Member Sustaining Member +

Ooh that RS3

8. MerlintheMad

Some peoples' KIDS!?

9. MerlintheMad

That CS down the road from us? The one I hypothesized was in for "service" each time I saw a red Optima sitting in its parking spot? Well, I guess I was wrong. Here for the first time are both of them parked nose to tail.
    DSC08615.JPG DSC08616.JPG

10. DCBStingerGT

Zero thanks... " How Rude "....Makes me upset people who will not show simple courtesy to a stranger who has gone out of their way to help them....a stranger..:mad:
    Hope your doing Ok... @Ozstung, you gentleman..:):thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Around 1 p.m. today, I saw a ceramic silver GT turn left onto Whittier Blvd. from Philadelphia. Brand new: paper plate on the rear, pristine in front. Because it was gray and rainy today, the paint reflected that and looked a dark, storm cloud gray. I love how this color changes depending on the surrounding light.

I've seen a lot of Stingers on Whittier Blvd. lately, at least on the Pico Rivera/Whittier end. So like in the old Thee Midniters song, "Let's take a trip down Whittier Blvd! Arriba! Arriba!"

12. MerlintheMad

Not impressed. @Luminary sees four in one day up there. How are you defining "a lot"? I finally got to 21 just as I hit 20 months with the car; for the first time, my "wild" count exceeded the months I've been in the Stinger. That felt like "a lot" to me. But meh, nobody else is going to equate that with "a lot". :D

13. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

6:25pm Tuesday, Snow White pearl on Sparks Rd Warnervale, turning onto the M1 Motorway northbound. 11:15am yesterday, Sunset Yellow, Brisbane Water Drive Woy Woy.

14. namja

namja Active Member Sustaining Member +

Interesting, I would've never guessed the population in that area would be into Stingers. But then again, demographics seem diverse.

I feel like East Coast has generally a higher Stinger ownership than the West..

• Like Like x 3
  15. DCBStingerGT

Walked out my front door, what do I see, a Hi Chroma Red Stinger GT, seen one other times driving down the same street, same colour, also could be the same one I saw at the airport only two days ago.

16. BAO

BAO United States New Member

Red stinger northbound on Rt 47 in Yorkville IL this morning. First time I've crossed paths in my panthera metal.

• Like Like x 1
  17. MerlintheMad

(to the tune, "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree")
    :rofl:

18. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Stinger Enthusiast

I see so many stingers in SoCal now...those pics are kinda cool to illustrate lowered vs. not.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mhermann

mhermann United States Newish Member

So apparently there is another one in Collegeville, PA. It was a white one. Mine is blue. I have to admit it is kind of cool rarely seeing any others.

20. DJB

DJB United States Newish Member

I noticed that one of my neighbors in the Herndon area (Virginia) parks a gray one on the 3rd deck of the garage. Looks new with paper tags. I've had mine for a month now (Hi-chroma Red) and have not seen another since I purchased mine.

• Informative Informative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted